Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 18:53:49
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Advanced Recruiting Started by: WillHayes on Dec 10, '09 17:23

Nice question, Mr. Hayes. Right now I have to go around asking people if they want to join me. I think this problem arises because getting a crew these days is not as hard as it was before. In fact, you dont actually have to do anything because you are bound to get 2 or 3 'free' invites. You only need to accept them.

But this is not how it should be. This should be a survival of the fittest. The new guys must be taught that crews dont come for free. Joining a family must be something that people look up to. They must understand that joining a family is not just stepping into an HQ. After all, in real life, you wont step up to a mafia don and ask "ken I joyn ur krew?", unless you want to get kicked in the ass.

Report Post Tip

Good analogy Swayzak, i was just uncertain of that phase but i fully understand where you are coming from and the morals you and your family stand for.

Report Post Tip

Panda approaches -V- off to the side and bows deeply before addressing the honoured Don.

You are a Don sir, and therefore quite within your righty to be picky, I was merely using Newton's 3rd law as a device to drive my points, one that perhaps the common man could latch onto and appreciate. Unfortunately, I am just a Panda, and not well versed in the workings of the physical universe, so perhaps by pointing out the flaw you are suggesting that I restrict my speaking to topics on which I have a greater understanding.

Panda pauses for a moment, purely for dramatic effect, although where the drama is and what effect it is having is purely anyone's guess.

Thank you once again Sir for your constructive critacism and I will endeavour to take on board your points.

Report Post Tip

This is obviously a touchy subject with everyone having various
opinions on the matter, but is there really a way to govern this
situation? We can talk about it in the streets and we can educate our
sponsors about the issues that come with member whoring, but thats not
going to stop families or even some sponsors from just sending out
random invites.

The random invite really bothers me, you're offering to bring some
random stranger off the street, into your HQ without even knowing what
he or she is about. Just grabbing the first random Joe off the street
and bringing them in could lead to disaster if you're not very careful.
HQs are full of valuable information to some people and this random Joe
could use it to sabatage you. If someone had taken some time to speak
with him or her, getting a feeling for what this about, things like
this could have been avoided.

With the placement of the associate system, I figured the 'member
whoring' would have died down, but theres always a way to beat the
system. Ive spoke to my sponsors more than once about the proper ways
of speaking to potential associates. If I ever find that any of them
have just brought someone in without speaking at great lengths first,
the situation for them shall end badly.

Report Post Tip

A long time ago people used to make fun of people who approached a family leader with "kan I jOin UR CreW?".

Nowadays, the ones who arrive in our shores are welcomed with such things like:

"R U new in here? Do U WanT 1 invite?"

What happened in between both situations? Well, the associate/sponsor position was added to our structure of life. I see that as a huge factor in this equation. I am not in position to question Crew Leader's criterias to allow someone to recruit in their behalf, but maybe the lack of advisement or experience of those trusted with that role can be very determinant for this problem.

I mean, the one's sending those poor messages usually are authed members of the crew, not the leader itself. So, if we chose those more carefully, maybe this issue can be almost solved completely.

Report Post Tip

Sigh.

I feel that we look towards death as a punishment too often these days. We cannot profit from death, I implore everyone to keep that in mind from time to time. Alas, I do agree that it is irksome with regards to the member whoring, we at The GNC are very strict in our belief that this whoring is not acceptable within our family. This is why we ensure that we only allow those who can be trusted, to be given the chance to take on an associate. If their associate messes up somehow then they (the sponsor) will be held responsible for this and will have to answer for their associates behaviour.

As Sepultura said, if people chose these sponsors more carefully then there wouldn't be as big a problem. As it is though, I can understand why people would in fact member whore. Like someone said earlier, if you cast out a big enough net, you'll catch a few good fish and those bad ones are yours to feed to your hitters for shooting practise. Either way it's a win/win situation, people may get tired of the constant fuck up's coming from a specific family eventually, but not before said family has grown massively in size and/or has a few hitters with a nice tally of kills under their belt.

So, how to stop it? I don't think we will ever entirely stop it. I just hope that all the leaders are against it and inform those who can take on associates that they must be careful with who they are bringing into the family. This will, I hope, abate the amount of whoring that goes on.

Love,

Tes :)

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Advanced Recruiting
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL