Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 05:39:06
Page:  1 
Gangs until Made Started by: Giuseppe on Sep 19, '07 05:06
My former CL, Segretezza, informed me that until a CL was Made Man, he viewed any of these current "families" as mere gangs that only gain the family/crew status once the CL was Made. This is a true enough statement, but I wonder how far people agree with it?

The majority of the current gangs seem to have their affairs in order, and appear to be organised, much like a true family. So should rank really matter in this case? The term 'gang' suggests disorganisation and a lack of real leadership, but as far as I can see, the leadership is defined, and the principles of our current crews seem organised, very much like a proper family. So the question remains, are these current crews just gangs until the CL reaches the prolific rank of Made?
Report Post Tip
You are asking "Should rank matter?", but what your hypothesis suggests is "Should being Made matter?".

Simple enough. Yes, being Made matters. No mobster can claim otherwise. This answer is obvious and irrefutable.

A slightly more debatable issue is "Should rank matter?". Although many say it doesn't, I really don't understand where they get that from. Has rank been rendered meaningless by arbitrary promotions? Perhaps. But it still matters, regardless of how little. If it didn't matter, the mafia wouldn't make rank distinctions.
Report Post Tip
I think the reason my father phrased it as he did was because the question of whether rank matters would be seen as asking the same questions that our ancestors have seen asked previously, and we tire of hearing the same questions asked that we have heard from the stories we hear from our fathers/mothers...

So, I presume the question remains, are they gangs until the CL becomes Made, when they can pronounce themselves as a family?
Report Post Tip
Now, I'm normally just a passer by, listening in and catching glimpses of speeches as I head back and forth between the university where I teach, and the HQ, but today I feel it necessary to speak. I'll try to clear this up as best I can.

Rank matters. Becoming Made is a very honorable thing, and should only happen to those that truly earn it. But, this ranking thing should hold no bearing over what your crew is considered, be it a gang or a family. Let me define family as I see it. A family is a group of people with a leader, an alternative leader, and a structure. A gang is a group of people with a leader, and an alternative leader in some cases.

See the difference?

It's not in the rank where the title of family should be defined, it is in the structure of said crew. If the structure of the crew is set so that it can run as a family, with different levels of titles and such, and having different delegations of power and responsibility, then that crew is a family, as they need each other to run properly.

If the crew is set up so that you all answer to the leader and right hand, but don't have even the simplest structure amongst those in nice suits, then you are a gang. You are a bunch of people out looting stores and selling drugs, with no real order to your lives.

I hope this has cleared the question up for you.
Report Post Tip
You can spend your entire life debating weather or not being Made mattes. I wouldn't be a wasted life.

While everyone brings great points, I have to agree with the Mathmatician. Weather it is a gang, crew, or family is dependant on the choice of the leader himself. There are differences between them all. But in the end, we have no choice. At least, not anymore.

It's obvious we needed leaders, but at the same time, we couldn't control the ability of when we'd be able to purchase an HQ. However, we could have controled ourselves and waited until Made Man. It would have taken a while, yes. But once again, that it a bit of a moo point.

I'll just finish up and say that What has happened is that it will make the rank of Made Man even more noble and respectable when someone eventually reaches it than ever before. But even at Made Man, people can still be running "gangs". It is the choice of the leader.
Report Post Tip
if u are a wiseguy with a crew or gang it is considered a gang coz u are still part of a family your self
Report Post Tip
What a bump
Report Post Tip
And it's not even a worthy one. Wise Guys cannot have a crew, family or gang anyway...
Report Post Tip
Made Man is the rank where you are able to buy a HQ.. thats why its such a big deal to get the rank..

Wise Guy's (as Adrian said) Cannot buy a HQ there for cannot be a CL of any waym shape or form...
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Gangs until Made
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL