Get Timers Now!
X

May 13 - 21:01:17
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
Name changing Started by: mnirem on Dec 19, '09 09:51

I was thinking for a while now about this possibility. The idea is that somebody does something stupid. Let's call him person A. He was in a family called, lets call them the 1's. Person A pissed the don of the1's, and the don wants him dead. So, what does he do? He runs. He leaves the family and goes to another city. But he is being chased. By now everyone knows who he is, so no one will let him in. What does he do? He changes his name to survive. Now, he is person  B instead. Now, the heat is off him, and he can start anew without dying and having to start all over.

Now, into specifics:

It should cost at least 500k to do the job.

If you were a made man or higher, you are demoted to wise guy.

You can only do this once.

The old profile with your old name appears as suicide.

Your profile pic is taken off.

Tip's can be bought to find out about people who did this.

Any opinions?

Report Post Tip

It would look a bit weird if a wise guy just came out of no where with no family and any smart Don would ask for some background info so you would end up getting caught.

Report Post Tip

There is the occasional dumb don, unsponsered til, or maybe lying. You could say that you came from a family that recently dissolved.

Report Post Tip

I think this is a good idea. The tab could be called the courthouse.

Report Post Tip

If you were brought down to petty thief, then it would work better.

Report Post Tip

The only problem would be time for petty theif. Would be even more obvious.

Report Post Tip

All ready a tab for that.

http://mafiareturns.com/manage/retire.php

You fuck up you die. No restarting. That's a giant pain in the ass on .org it would be a pain here.

Report Post Tip

I have to agree with SirBarnabie there, If you mess up its your own fault. Don't dig yourself holes you can't get out of.

Report Post Tip

Lets just say you have a lot of money, you mess up, and you know that most of that money is going to be lost, so you name change, which then lets you keep all of your money except for the amount you payed to change your name, which could go up by X ammount per rank, just an idea.

Report Post Tip

With regards to the initial post, I think the reasons against this have pretty much been covered.... .org says it all really!

However with regards too inheritance - 

There has always been plea's like from those players who work hard earn a lot and die at the hands of some fool with a shiny new pistol.

Sadly this is life - and the best way to get your hands on old fortunes is to try and grave rob it, or stumble upon hidden treasure - like a news feature  "Pssst Mr A - Did you know that The_D's treasure is buried in LA"

You fly to LA and grave rob 'The_D' or whoever.

Either way think like a mafioso - would you really tell anyone where you had hidden all your cash - No - Because you can't trust anyone.

If your worried about loosing it, buy more BG's!!

Report Post Tip

It isn't worth it, you can just simply send your money to someone to hold until you make your new account. Simples.

Report Post Tip

i think this would be a bad idea but also a good idea.

Firstly bad, I think this will be a bad idea because people stuff up and change there name.

Secondly Good, There is only one way this can be good when people rp and get married so then the wife could change there name to there old name then something else. But with the marraige thing it would be stupid with this idea because who even if the did rp and get married is going to want to get put down to wise guy just to chnage there name.

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Name changing
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL