Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 19:54:56
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
The Java Shack Started by: Buffy on Feb 06, '16 19:15

Having set up her home in Detroit, Buffy was left to try to invest the small inheritence that her mother had left her in such a way that she would be guarunteed a steady flow of income that could be kicked up to the boss lady. She'd been on the prowl for a few days, looking for the right idea, and had a few thoughts running through her mind. A bar? No. Buffy was just as likely to drink the profits as make them. A resturaunt? Buffy couldn't really call herself a foodie. As she rounded another corner, she noticed a small cafe, with a sign in the window. "FOR SALE", it read. Buffy blinked, as though she couldn't quite believe her luck. It was perfect. Buffy loved coffee, and maybe if she did the place up, she could make it a regular haunt for a hit of Java for the family, as well as a steady income stream. She took a note of the telephone number on the sign, and called it as soon as she got home.

Just a few short hours later, the deal was done. Buffy parted with her inheritence up front, and with the small amount of change for the transaction, she bought the supplies she needed to paint the place and bring it up to scratch. After spending a day or two working solidly at refurbishing the place, she stood around her, proud of what she had acheieved. The walls had been painted a warm shade of dark red. The wooden floors had been polished until they shone, and the depleated glass counter had been repaired and cleaned. Fresh muffins, cupcakes and cookies were now on display inside it. Glossy menus were printed and placed strategically on each table, while each table was surrounded by an assortment of mismatched chairs, each re-upholstered in an array of new fabrics. A freshly painted sign hung above the door,

Buffy placed the final copy of the menu on the counter top. She was quite proud of the small array of coffees and teas she had to offer - with not a single decaf option in sight - although she intended to expand the menu if the place proved popular.

The Java Shack

Shack Latte                                             $1.00                                                    

Single Shot Expresso                              $1.00

Double Shot Expresso                             $1.50  

Flat White                                                $1.50

Americano                                               $1.25

Costa Rican Medium Roast                     $2.00

Cookies                                                    $2.50

Cupcakes                                                 $2.50

Muffins                                                     $3.00

Please ask us which cookies, cupcakes and muffins are available today!

Satisfied with her work, Buffy threw the door to the cafe open, and waited behind the counter for her first customer.

Report Post Tip

After a long and distressful night of sleep, Croceet woke up got out his house and began to walk down the street while snow fall from the sky... Still a little tired and thinking about how long his day will be, While he walked a few streets he noticed a new place that seemed to be a good place to drink a Coffee.

He walked by and stepped in, and his first Thought was "What a good and warm place, it's makes me feel home" 

Asked for a Double Shot Espresso cause he wanted to wake up and get fired up to keep on the day. While he waited for the Expresso, he looked at the servant and asked. 

- Hey, which cookies are available today? I was thinking here and it seems to be really tasty.

Report Post Tip
TheSpider was walking in corktown looking for a coffee he found a shop named "The Java Shack" he enter the shop and smell the coffee then he said
"Hey I want Some Shack Latte and Muffins
Report Post Tip

Buffy smiled at Croceet as the girl she had making drinks for her customers busied herself with making the double shot expresso.

"Good morning, Croceet! I've got some chocolate chip, fresh out the oven and still warm - it'll literally melt in your mouth! I've also being playing around in the kitchen, trying to make something that will blow Don Cordelia's mind, and I've come up with a bacon chocolate chip special - trust me, it's everything you're thinking and more! I have blueberry shortbreads that should be ready in about 5 minutes, if you'd be inclined to wait. Or, if you're looking for something a little healthier, I have sultana and almond oatmeal cookies ready to go too."

As Croceet considered the options for cookies, TheSpider walked into the shop. Waving in welcome, Buffy tasked her barista with preparing the Shack Latte.

"Good morning, Spider! Would you like your coffee to go this morning, or would you prefer to sit in and read the paper? The muffins are all fresh this morning, and I've got banana and blueberry, triple chocolate, raspberry and white choolate or my special mini apple muffins - you get two of those for your $3, as they're smaller."

Report Post Tip
TheSpider Replied "I Would like Some coffee and white choclate muffin"
Report Post Tip

JohnDoe walks into The Java Shack after waking up on the sidewalk after a heavy nights drinking. He grunts as he plods over to sit down  "Could I please have a glass of water and three double expressos please"  John asks when he gets a moment.  While he is waiting he produces a small leather pouch containing a smoking pipe and tobacco.  He is soon going through the well practiced ritual of filling and lighting his beloved pipe.  Beautiful plooms of sweet vanilla smoke waft from his table.

Report Post Tip

Coffee was an indulgence to a lot of people. It was a necessity for a King. You couldn't sign decrees and beat up various vagrants on a low energy, now could you? Exactly. While walking down the street in a rather dull manner, the King himself fixed up his crown and walked into a rather caffeine-driven sounding place of business. Perfect!

"Hello everyone. I'd like one shot of espresso, put it in this."

Placing a rather large mug on the counter he waited for the people behind to get to work in making him awake and perky. It had been a few hours now since he was last able to run the streets of Detroit without dozing off, but sleep had no place for a super King such as himself and they all knew it.

Report Post Tip

Maria had put aside Sunday to arrange her sisters affairs, and one of the final things left on her depressing to do list was to close down The Java Shack, her sisters business. She hadn't actually visited the coffee shop; Buffy hadn't been in Detroit for too long before her death and Maria hadn't had chance to visit. She pulled out the key to the locked door from the envelope she'd found in Buffy's safe and turned it, unsure of the scene she would find.

To her surprise, although empty, the cafe was in wonderful condition. Despite the brutal war that had raged for several days, the walls weren't ravaged with bullet holes and not a drop of blood had been spilled, though several cups of coffee had been abandoned. One of them was marked as the property of KingRevan. Maria made sure to pick that one up and find a safe place for it, to allow it to be returned to his next of kin.

As she walked through the  cafe, what struck Maria was the obvious love that Buffy had had for the place. With a smile, she dragged her hand over the counter and made her decision. She would re-open The Java Shack, and continue her sisters dream.

With a smile, Maria threw the doors open and pinned a new sign to the door.

Under New Management.

Report Post Tip

Nefer goes to the Shava Shack with her boss Lucrezia to eat something and talks about the new fashion tendency of Detroid.

she smiles watching the pretty and confortable place and comments with Lucrezia how is prospering this bussiness.

while it a pleasant waiter comes to the table and ask:

- Miss Lucrezia and Nefer is a pleasure to have your ladies here, both will want the same as normally?

Nefer nods and whisper:

- Yes please, i want my double shot cafeina and some cookies and to lady Lucrezia a Flat white and muffins.

After the waiter to go arrange the order the two ladies keep animated conversation.

Report Post Tip

Maria smiles as Nefer and Lucrezia place their order.

"I'll get on that right away hun!"

Humming quietly to herself, Maria set about making the double shot and the flat white for Nefer and Lucrezia, then turned her attention to the cookies and the muffins.

She assessed the choice before her, and picked out, for Nefer, a double chocolate chip cookie and a still-warm-from-the-oven blueberry shortbread, which she placed delicately on a small plate. For Lucrezia, Maria knew a raspberry and white chocolate muffin was perfect, adding one of her special mini apple muffins as an afterthought; she'd love to know what Lucrezia thought of her sisters recipe.

She carried the order on the tray, putting the down first the cups, then the plates of cookies and muffins.

"Enjoy, ladies! These will be on the house - just let me know how you enjoyed them and tell people where you got these delightful little delicacies!"

Report Post Tip

SeductiveScarletto decided to stop by the Java Shack since it was the closest place on the block.  

She walks in and looks at the menu and Americano and Muffins caught her eyes, and walks towards the register.

"Can I have an Americano and a muffin please?"

The lovely young lady rang up my order. "Your total today is $4.25, mam."

I looked through my purse and grabbed a five and handed it to the cashier.  

"It'll be right up.  Just find a table and we'll bring it right over."  "Thanks!"

She goes and grabs a few napkins before finding a table to sit at.  She looked around and saw a few familiar faces.

Report Post Tip

As Innocenza was walking down the streets of Detroit, she notices a re-opened shop. The Java Shop was back in business, although she had previously never visited the place she was very curious about the cupcakes. She loved cupcakes. Cupcakes reminded her to her childhood, when times where still easy and she didn't had much on her mind. Her grandmother always made the best cupcakes, with some kind of buttercream on top. Both of her parent weren't home very often so she was practically raised by her grandmother.Oh how she loved those cupcakes. She still curses herself for not asking the recipe. Now it was too late.

Innocenza opens the door and the sweet scent of baked goods caught her attention. She gets drawn towards the counter and looks at the menu. It tells her she has to ask for the flavours of that day. Interesting, she mumbles. That means there would be a wide selection of cupcakes. She already started worrying coming here to often so people could roll her away because of the weight she would gain.

Innocenza looks at Maria. Good day miss, could you tell me which flavour cupcakes you have today?

Report Post Tip

"Hi Buffy! Good to see you!"

Shrooms walked in.

"Gimme a cuppa shack latte and anyone of your cookies!"

Report Post Tip

Hestia was on a walk through the business district in Detroit when she spotted The Java Shack. She was super hyper already, with loads of sugar-induced energy, and she thought to herself.. Guess I need more coffee.

She pushed open the door to the shop and made her way up to the cashier and said, "Can I please get a cup of the Americano blend with a double shot of espresso? And also a muffin, please. And.. A cupcake... That's probably it."

She smiled and handed some cash to the cashier, then said, "Keep the change. I don't really need it for anything else today. Thank you!"

When she received her order, she took it to go and almost tripped when she walked out the door, spilling a bit of coffee on the sidewalk as she walked and shrugged it off, whispering, "Not my problem.."

Report Post Tip

Hestia was in the java shuck drinking double shot expresso when she saw _Hafid_ crossing the street and she couldn't believe her eyes that she see him, she get off her sit and rushed to him to ask him to join her, _Hafid_ accept her invitation with pleasure and he join hr even that he was having a job that Nefer assign to him witch was a retiring an associate who goes behind Nefer back but he let the job wait and spent the hole noon and the most evening with Hestia then he thanks her and tell her that he had the best time in years and Hestia was so in joy that she was with him

Then _Hafid_ goes to finish his job and he did it with out sweating and go to his mansion thinking of Histia until he fall down a sleep

Report Post Tip

As K_W was roaming the streets in DT, he came across a sign that said a lot of stuff but also had the Word Cupcakes on them. As @Mrsmsith knows he has always been an extreme fan of cupcakes and knew he would never pass any place with these sweet wonders on the menu

As he enters he looks around and sees a lot of familiar faces sipping some coffee or whatever they ordered, he recognizes the kind Hestia and waves over to her, indicating he will join her and _hafid_ soon after he ordered. As he joined the queue to order he even spotted Innocenza in the corner, he might also pop up to her for a chat.

O hello there Maria, quite a nice shop you got here, I love the smell of it, the fresh brewed coffee combined with the sweety goodness of what comes next to it. I'll have a dozen of your finest cupcakes and a water, I've been up for a while and don't need the coffee at the moment. Please give me half with blueberries and the other half can be a surpise, I'm sure all of them are super delicious!!

Report Post Tip

Myrddin was out of coffee. He usually liked to spike his coffee with a little something extra but he drank the last of both his coffee and his liquor. So when he saw this coffee shop, he just had to stop by. He walked in and hoped that despite the demise of the owner, that the place was still open.

Anybody here? I'd really like a flat white!

Report Post Tip

Just  arriving  in   the  big  city , she  looks  for a  nice  cup of  cofee  and  something  to  go  with  it  as  she  hasnt  had  a  chance  to  eat breakfast  after   arriving on her  flight  from NY. he  see  a  little  cofee  shoppe  and  opens  the  door  and  walks  in looking  up  mling  as  she  sees  the menu , taking  a seat  she orders  a cup   columbian  med  roast  ,   with cream and 1  sugar and a  blueberry muffin ,  ahhhh   she  says  as  she  takes  her  first  sip of  the  day  , just  what   I needed !

Report Post Tip

after long day Walter decide to take some break and to take some walk down the streets of Detroit

after 20 minutes of walking he saw some small caffee at the corner of the street and decide to take some coffee and to smoke few cigars

"hello there can I get double esspresso and some newspapers please"

as Walter waiting for his order he took cigar and start to enjoy in beautiful view on Detroit streets

Report Post Tip

Ressurrection  needs   a  strong coffee  after  a  evening  at K&I Western Grill Garden  drinking  that  sweet  fruit  flavored  imported  beer  that  KW kept  bringing  her .  Maybe  a  little  too much  the  way  her  head  feels  today ,  she  sees  that  the  Java  Shack is   open  for  business  this  early  in  the  morning ,  she  open  the  door  and  finds  a  table  and  orders  a  black  high  caffeine  strongest  cup of  cofee    they  have   and  a  muffin  of  the  day  to  put  something  in  her  queasy  tummy  after  all she  has  an  appointment  with  her  crew  leadrs  at  headquarters  at  noon   . She groans and  sips  her  hot  coffee ,ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh just  what  i needed  she  says .

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: The Java Shack
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL