Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 20:57:32
Page:  1 
Suggestions Needed: Multi-User Crimes Started by: Anubis on Dec 23, '09 13:37

So after looking over the code again, and realizing I can't follow my own design, I think it's time to recode multi-user crimes. So, I'm coming to all of you today to see if you have any suggestions on how to make them better while I'm going to be working on them anyway.

So post whatever you think might help them here.

Report Post Tip

Hmmmm. Ive noticed this one thing that could be changed. It is a negative affect to us to be honest but.. Im sure that this is a reason why some people fail MUC's. Im not sure if it is the reason or not but thats the only thing I can conclude it to.

Now.. lets say im being invited to a Public MUC, to invite me I need a open Petty timer. So.. once I have that they invite and then Now I am in this It then allows me to do a petty and still be in the crime. I personally thing that once your in a MUC you shouldn't be able to Petty or Felony even if your the host. And you should have an open timer to even click on the button to host your own MUC.

I have done this multiple times and I have been in a MUC and done a felony before its been attempted but I have been invited and accpeted the invite and then once the MUC is attempted it resulted in a failure. Perhaps you could possibly code a way so.. that once your in a MUC you can't petty or felony depends on whether its a public one or family one ?

Report Post Tip

Whether this is easy to code or not; here's my thought:

Mix in multiple "actions" within the actual "crime". For instance: robbing a bank. You have 2 guys, and the mastermind performing the crime. Have the mastermind give each person a "designated" position. Such as; one is a driver, one is a safe-cracker, etc.

Once these positions are put together, the crime is initiated. The total success/failure is based on separate actions. 1. Someone has to kill the guard. If he/she fails to do this, the mission fails. 2. Someone has to crack the safe. If he/she fails, the mission fails. 3. They have to get away with the cash. If the "driver" fails, the mission fails.

In this manner, it isn't just another "click monkey" aspect of the game.

Report Post Tip

Mux that just changes it from a "click money" game to a "Slightly more click monkeying" game.

While I do agree having someone other than "Mastermind" in MUC screen would be nice maybe make it reflect their skills?

IE: Wackers able to kill guard, PPers able to crack safe, Stealth pwnsome getaway driver.

MORE INTERACTION!!!

And to go completely against Mikhail. Take off the need for felony to be free and just add time to it. Fucking pain in the ass waiting 12 minutes because we zombie click felony.

Let's see. More loot with more people obv has been mentioned. Only thing I can say more is.....less randomness.

Report Post Tip

I like the above idea, except for the fact if its a public crime, and someone wants to figure out the positions, then it kind of gives away their stats.

For example if one person wanted to be the person to kill the guards, it shows that they must have a good wack skill to do so, thus giving away his skills. This can lead to one telling their boss that (player) has a good gun, because he killed the guards in the MUC.

Now if the required amount of wack skills needed to perform the task wasn't that much, then it wouldn't matter, because almost anyone could do it. I just believe doing a public MUC, and involving the stats would be used as a "spying" technique in a way

Report Post Tip

You could use another stat involved. Instead of wack, you could use your info skill as being able to create a diversion for the others to do whatever other task.

Report Post Tip

Just want to make it clear to everyone that doing a crime after accepting an invite does not in any way shape or form increase or decrease your chances of failing a crime, nor does it increase nor decrease your chances of going to jail for said crime failure. What happens is, when you do a crime, it adds the allotted time to your crime timer, along with the time that was already there. So say you do a Public crime with 2 minutes on your petty timer. You will end up with 17 minutes on your petty timer, instead of the usual 15 for a public crime.

Report Post Tip

The public option is really a waste. Why use it when family pays so much more. Instead there should just be one crime type and the ability to allow public members if needed. The crimes should tier up. The lowest taking 2 or 3 the highest taking 6-7 members. Also there should be bonuses for MUC's in certain cities based on the members. If most members are from DT and in the crime is in DT, bonus, but bring in too many PH,NY LA guys for the numbers and lose the bonus. Something like that.

Report Post Tip

Copy/Paste Al's response.

My rebuttal to Vader.

ty.

(Also if you are doing public decent chance it would be with your friend. And hell....most of your good friends know how OCD you are about things.)

Report Post Tip

If it's relevant: http://mafiareturns.com/comm/thread/78981

Report Post Tip

I don't know if your still coding but how about making MUC available in the 'mobile phone version' of MR?

Report Post Tip

This will make it worse for us users but will make much more sense.. As someone said before me, remove the MUC dependability from the Petty/Felony timers and create a new timer.. Make it 30 mins? Or 1 hour?
That's from me.. :)

Report Post Tip

I think the crimes should require minimum assistants to each crime.  Rather than needing to designate positions, simply know that each crime needs X many people to pull off.  For example -

Steal from Art Gallery needs at least 2 (mastermind +1)

Loansharking needs at least 3 (Mastermind +2)

Torch a rivals business at least 4 (mastermind +3)

Raid a trucking depot requires 5 (mastermind +4)

This would mean to do a higher paying crime you need to spread the wealth more.  In reality the crimes would need more people for the ability to pull it off.

Report Post Tip

hmmmmm

Report Post Tip

point at Big_Mike

"keeps it classic... Simple.. i like it"

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Suggestions Needed: Multi-User Crimes
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL