Get Timers Now!
X

May 14 - 14:19:05
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
IA Maker: Increase or stay the same? Started by: Billy_Bathtub on Dec 24, '09 01:49

All right so recently I've been running a few of the numbers, and have seen some things that I know Izzy has seen as well and wanted to ask for input with regards to it. 

Without revealing names or numbers, there are a good amount of well trained guns in the game right now.  Most of these guns are the direct result of really good advertising returns over the summer.  There were probably 130-150 people dying per day over the summer and early fall due to IA/other.  Right now, even with IA Maker the numbers are around 70-100.  This makes sure that guns develop at a slower pace than they had in the past.  Now I'm not saying we promote everyone having handcannons, BUT, obviously people should have an equal chance to train their gun at a similar pace as those that benefited over the summer.

This is not to take away from the people who hunted for IAs, they all did spectacular work and have earned their guns in every respect.  So right now we are at a potential 15 IAs per person from the IA maker per month and still only yielding 70-100 (and the 100 is a stretch) deaths per day, and this is with a good deal of people participating in that option. 

Now we do hope in the future to really get the site going with more effective advertising pushes, but until then, we don't want people to have to develop at a slower clip as a result of us figuring out how to grow our population while maintaining a free game.  When we get more IAs from advertising, we'll cut back on IA Maker again, but until then... What this has all led up to...

What would be an ideal number of Made IA's for people that they think is fair compared to those that were available earlier this year?  Is 15 sufficient or should there be more?  If so, what number would be good so as to not also diminish the work put in by the extraordinairy wackers who developed guns by hunting the IAs that were once in large supply?

Report Post Tip

We also have to take into account that not everyone's characters are the same age. Absolutely those who have lived longer generally are thought to have the most kills. Now, I know that not everyone trains their guns the same. That one of the beauties of this game, choices.

With less players checking into Mafia Returns, it means less IA's. It seems we're down in IA numbers over the past few months. This should lead to people racing the old fashioned way. That way when someone actually gets a kill, it's that much sweeter to see the Success! screen.

If there is going to be an increase in MIA's per month, it shouldn't be a huge jump at all. Going from 15 to 20 a month isn't a huge jump, but it gives those players who want to take a shot at killing a little bit of a boost.

Another option that could work would be for players to be able to generate one MIA a day. However, if they don't utilize that MIA in the 24 hour period they lose it once the day resets.

Report Post Tip

People have grumbled and gripped about using up the 15 IA contracts quickly, then having to wait 30 days for one to generate. I happen to believe the current system is good like it is. For the players that are shooting, it reminds them that they still have to be on their toes and IA hunt if they wish to continue shooting. If you're going to increase the number, Id suggest a small increase, maybe 5 more, but increase the time it takes for them to respawn.

For the players that are not shooting, there could be an option for them to sell their contracts to those who will to shoot. The price would have to be high, and the purchaser should get another hour added to his/her assault timer when purchasing some elses contract. Its just a rough idea and maybe not be possible due to coding, but its an idea.

Report Post Tip

I agree with Rag, 15 per month is plenty.  Shooting/training is a skill, its not supposed to be easy to training.  One reason its so interesting is the hunt. I remember back in the day, it really took some skill to be a good killer but that seems to have diminished with time. (Ie: Ajax Wack, BGs and Made Ias)

For the players that are not shooting, there could be an option for
them to sell their contracts to those who will to shoot. The price
would have to be high, and the purchaser should get another hour added
to his/her assault timer when purchasing some elses contract. Its just
a rough idea and maybe not be possible due to coding, but its an idea.

Very interesting consept there Rag.

Report Post Tip

In all honesty, the IA maker, gives people essentially 15 free kills. But that is not even a major issue because everyone receives it, so those on top stay on top, and those at the bottom stay at the bottom but just with 15 kills.

However, the free IA kills help to balance out abundance of BGs currently in the game. Because not everyone has the time nor is there enough IAs for everyone to be going out there training their gun to be a monster to take down OWP Dons and such. So increasing the number of IAs by about 10 shouldn't do much damage to training the skill but may act as an agent to counter-balance all the OWP Dons.

But as an alternate option it would be interesting if as you said Billy, that there were 130-150 IAs dying per day, and now we are barely hitting 100. I am not sure of the difficulty of this but a script could run probably around the 3rd or 4th day (to allow for the names to be collected into an IA list) and calculate the number of IA accounts and spawn the remaining amount in random cities for random times throughout that day. E.g. On Wednesday, 60 accounts are made, 30 go IA but there should be 100. By the following Wednesday they are ready to turn, but the script is run and they notice they are down by 70 IAs. The script automatically spawns the 70 IAs across the game.

I am not sure if this has been suggested before, but it has the potential to be a good feature. Another good point about this is that it still means that people have to create IA list, and not go to spawn MIA and have all the information presented to them at a click of a button.

Report Post Tip

This is not to do with quantity, but i don't want to start a whole thread about this, so i have decided to put it here.

Maybe you could pay X amount more per rank, and also the higher the rank, the less you can do, say you can get 15 Gangsters, 14 goombas, 13 earners... and so on, maybe different numbering, but you get the picture, it would be a way for people to improve there gun a lot more, if they can shoot higher ranking things.

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: IA Maker: Increase or stay the same?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL