Get Timers Now!
X

May 14 - 21:25:43
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
Suggestions Enhancement Started by: Big_Mike on Jan 01, '10 18:11

Ever considered adding a poll-like item to suggestion posts.  A simple 3 options automatically placed to suggestions posted: (A) Agree (B) Disagree (C) Indifferent

This way people who simply wish to agree/disagree could put in their 2 cents...  Not every suggestion warrants a reply, but every suggestion could then have a reflection of the community opinion of it.

I'm not fond of allowing players to create polls, as there are those who abuse this... but having a standardized system in place would allow the admins to see if its a popular suggestion without having to read everything, allowing the playerbase to popularize (or crush) suggestions first.

Report Post Tip

I vote: (C)

I don't usually comment on suggestions, because most of them are usually exact copies or rewordings of previous suggestions (witness MUCs before they were instituted).

Report Post Tip

I suppose this could be added, but one of the great things about the suggestions forum is the ability to plead ones case for or against a suggestion, or to amend and improve upon existing ideas. I think that adding this little bit to the suggestion forum, while you're not necessarily suggesting removing the well thought out and argumentative replies, would lead to a more lackluster forum and a lot less debate.

Lets keep the effort alive.

Report Post Tip

For the most part, ideas in the suggestions forum turn into actual game features once both sides have been argued out, enough people have showed support, and enough people have contributed to the tweaking of the idea to the point where its a no-brainer to give it the thumbs up to be coded.

If you want a feature in the game, show your support and contribute to its making, we as coders have no idea what your thoughts are until you put them down in words.

Report Post Tip

Right on, I was getting more to the fact that if someone made a suggestion I liked and I had nothing more to say about enhancing it I'm not sure I would post a one liner saying "I like this idea."  I realize some people do, and perhaps I should make the personal change... i'm just not fond of 1 liners.

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Suggestions Enhancement
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL