Get Timers Now!
X

May 14 - 15:10:03
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
Cash after Death Started by: Big_Mike on Jan 02, '10 18:58

I read the post about name changing (http://mafiareturns.com/comm/thread/79347) and it began to get into a discussion about cash.  Checked and couldn't find a post specific to this topic, but had an idea and didn't want to pull the name change topic off course.

"Give your money to a friend so you can get it back" - doesn't help if you're whacked without knowing ahead of time.

"Graverob your father after restart" - doubt it would get you that much, could be wrong.

What if the game implemented a Life Insurance Policy.  You can buy up to 'X' amount of money for a policy, and if you die your kin receives this money.  I would say after reaching Gangster, but thats semantics which can be discussed by those who like the idea.

Once you open a policy you have to pay to keep it active.  Again, semantics to be discussed, but I would say 5% every 5 days (120 hour timer) would seem a fair amount.  There would also need to be a minimum of 5 days for the policy to mature - to avoid people from grabbing one up at the point of danger (say a war broke out). 

This would allow you to garner money for your child as well as place a cost of doing so.

Retire/Suicide nullifies the policy.  If you retire you didn't die... if you suicide, well, i can't think of any life insurance that pays for a suicide.

I would also think that should you be in a family when you receive your benefits, that this benefit would be taxed for the family to benefit as well.

Report Post Tip

i think this is a good idea it'd be like a will for it.

Report Post Tip

We already have something like this implemented. It's based on how much activity you've had, so you can't just load up on cash and then kill yourself off to start fresh with shitloads.

Report Post Tip

You get a small amount of what you had when you die and return. Luckily your credits remain intact if you get killed, so thats a nice bonus really.

Report Post Tip

PhelixTheSphinx - someone looking to do that could simply load up on cash, pass it off to a friend, restart and have friend pass it back.  While I did not realize the current system based how much you get by how much time you had invested, you argument of why is easily worked around in this manner.

Per this current system, why should you get money for nothing?  This idea would simply enhance things by making you have to maintain a fee to get money should you die.  Employing a realistic scenario rather than someone just coming up to you and handing you money.  Per realism - who is this guy, how does he know who you are, why would he do it for free?  There's no context to the current setup.

It's not that I don't like the current setup, it's just fine by me to have free money from a wildcard person, but this game revolves around roleplaying and trying to be realistic within the game itself.  I am merely suggesting a way to make this scenario more realistic.

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Cash after Death
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL