Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 19:33:14
Page:  1 
Letters to an Unknown Destination Started by: OneSilentTear on Jan 05, '10 19:10

OneSilentTear starts penning a letter to a person whose back home waiting to hear from her. She was that person's everything until she took off for America. Her heart pounding in her veins as she writes.

Dear,

I am sorry I have not written sooner. The trip took longer as the weather wasn't nice. I have landed in a place called New York. It would take you're very breath away sweetheart. I wish you were here to see it. I have changed my name to keep you a secret. I am now known as OneSilentTear. That tear falls for you. I hope you keep well at home until the time comes for you to join me. 

I hate to cut this short but I must look for work. It does not seem to be an easy task. A girl of my flexiblity should be able to find something that is out of the way without having to say too much. 

With all my love,
OneSilentTear

Thinking of the person she left at home she seals the letter with a tear and sends it on its way.

Report Post Tip

After spending hours looking for work OneSilentTear rushes back home to pen her sweetheart a note.

Dear,

I hope you are well. I got your last letter. I spent hours looking for work. I knew it would be hard but I could not have imagined this. I happened across a limousine and I could not help but to stare in awe of the man that was in it. I knew I should have not stared so much at him but it was just too hard to turn away! You would have done the same sweetheart. The nice man took me to coffee. I start work for him as soon as possible.

You're going to wonder what kind of work. For now it's stealing purses from old ladies or young ladies. The older ones tend to put up more of a fight but what else can I do? Making money is what I need to do and I will do it anyway I can. Whether thats stealing from women or dealing with drugs. It's a rough life, but I'm sure you know that dear. So much we have been through together and yet we're so far apart. 

I will write again as soon as I can. Do take care of yourself.

With all my love,
OneSilentTear

She seals it with her trademark tear. 

Report Post Tip

A couple of days later, OneSilentTear is singing a little Christmas carol. All of a sudden the thought of him hits her. Him singing that exact tune the year before. With a sigh she picks up her notebook and pen and starts another letter. 

Dear,

It is Christmas and yet you are still so far away! How can it be just last year we were together singing carols and this year we are apart. I wish you would have came with me to this new place. Everything seems so foreign but it is beautiful with the snow. 

I am a mere Goomba. Which doesn't mean much. I am neither here nor there. I saw my first killing the other day. The blood! I was terrified. Who wouldn't be? I have never seen a person killed before. He deserved it I am sure but to be in attendance and watch? It's a terrifying thing. Makes you wonder if that would happen to you, you know? I was given a gun for protection. It's so smooth in my hand and fits like a glove. 

Just keep your head down and keep your manners. I've learned that quickly. It really is the best way to go. Do not bother anyone and keep out of the way of the important people. These people stand out and there is no doubting that they are important.

Excuse me sweetheart I got carried away. It's Christmas you don't need to be bothered with the details of my new life on Christmas. There will be plenty of time to catch up on that stuff afterwards.

With all my love,
OneSilentTear

Her tears are already falling with the holiday season. Being apart from her love tears her apart but it is so much worse on such a merry occassion. She seals the letter with her tear and sends it on it's way.

Report Post Tip

Reaching for her pen and paper, OneSilentTear decides its time to write back home again. 

Dear,
Our letters are few and far between. I've been promoted to an Earner. I suppose I should work harder at earning money. Isn't that what Earners do? Make money? Lately it seems all tied up with work. If it's not money its paperwork. 

The politics of this world is earth shattering. I've been to a new friends funeral for him asking questions. Although he probably didnt use a good technique but on the outside it appears he was just too inquisitive. Knowledge is power so what higher up would want to pass on something like that? I will learn more its my way. Inquisitive and stubborn. I wonder if I had gotten that from my mother.

I can now do felony crimes. Those aren't so bad. I feel sorry for the girls that are prostituting to make me money so I can send money to my boss. Call it a motherly instinct if you will. It does not hurt to feel sorry for people just as long as you know your place. And I know mine. Boy do I ever know mine.

A mere Earner. A nobody really. A person to listen and not argue, although the arguing I have a tough time with. I just cannot seem to let go to what does not seem right or just. I know I know its a criminal world that I got myself involved in. One day it'll all click. I am sure of it. 

It is early and I have much to do. Take care my sweetheart.

With all my love,
OneSilentTear

Sealing the envelope with a tear, she wipes the rest that glimmer in her eyes. The fire that burned in her eyes burns brighter these days. OneSilentTear skips off into the alley towards the post office to send her letter once again. 

Report Post Tip

Tom nods and smiles at OneSilentTear.

"You really care about this person don't you?  I hope that one day you won't need to write letters to this person but tell that important someone all about it in person."

Report Post Tip

Having been busy as of late OneSilentTear picks up her pen and paper once more. Her mind flitting over the right words to print. With a sigh she continues another letter.

Dear,

You have not written back to the last letter. I have no news if you are alive and well. I have no other means to connect with you but through this pen and the papers I send to you. Once again I will try.

I am sorry that I have been busy. I have just been promoted to Boss and trust me when I tell you it has not been an easy road to it. The amount of work that is required can sometimes overwhelm a person but it is worth it. I have gotten through Wise Guy or Smart Ass as a few of us like to call it, then came Made Man and Capo. Made Man has its own set of requirements and at times can be a bore to get to. But once you become one it's like your part of a family, not that you weren't before but this is different. It means more and thus has more responsibility. 

I fear you may never come to America nor learn the ways of the world in which I now live. I hope that you think of me fondly and I will try to write soon.

With all my love,
OneSilentTear

Sealing the envelope she realizes she has missed some things she wanted to send to him. With a sigh she resolves to put it in the next letter. Taking off down the street OneSilentTear rushes to the post office to send her letter on its way. 

Report Post Tip

herbsman has walked by multiple times before noticing that this lonley looking woman who appaers to be a foreign nationality also noticing that shes shedding a tear and he stops her in qestion

Hey you doin ok you look like your from around here and you look sad, loose a loved one? well if your ever in need of job place to lay low etc. i gotta pla....

herbsman gets a closer look    wait a minute your that new boss everyone's talking about why you here all by yourself he opens up his hand for a shake

Report Post Tip

OneSlient to feel a pain that you must be feeling to your love goes for a lot with out knowing. She hands her a tissue for her eyes.

Stay strong and just hold on is about the only thing I could say. You never know maybe you will get a letter in return or a surprise visit that will make all the pain and solitude of waiting seem to melt away.  I hope that happens for you. She nods before she slowly turns and trudges down the side walks riddled with people.

Report Post Tip

OST smiles at herbsman.

Very kind of you to offer anyways. Only by myself because I left someone in my home land and truly do miss him.

She turns to Banshee. Wiping her eyes she replies..

Thank you Ma'am you're very kind. I don't think he'll join me here. 

Report Post Tip

herbsman looks at OST feeling bad for her

If he loves you, he's trying every possible way to get to be with you i wish you the best.

he begins to walk away

Report Post Tip

OST sighs as she reads the letter in her hand. He wasn't coming after all. She blindly reaches for her pen and paper and starts to get to work on writing her farewells.

Dear,

I'm sorry that you feel that way. I never wanted to hurt you by leaving but it was for the best, even you agreed. However, now I couldn't imagine having any other lifestyle than the one I lead now. I have another family. No, not the kind of family that we once dreamed of but another kind that is just as satisfying. 

I am sorry to hear that you have chosen this path. I do hope that an angel watches over you and that you can forgive me for my "mistake", as you deem it, later on down the road. Until then. 

With all my love,
OneSilentTear

She sends the letter quickly on its way. She hopes the pen can tell of her fallen hopes and dreams. Turning slowly towards her HQ she briefly smiles. What would she do outside of this life? She wonders daily when she started to enjoy this. The thrill of running felonies and do petties.  OST never realized that this may just have been the life she was made for. With that thought she starts down the street at a brisk pace.

Report Post Tip

Thanks for the letters, but I am a mountain and I can barely read.

Report Post Tip

I have no difficulty reading the letters, Matterhorn. This just means I am far more superior than you.

Report Post Tip

OST just stares. Not having any response to either one of them. She quickly grabs a nearby bench and watches the two bicker like a married couple. 

Report Post Tip

As herbsman is still walking away he turns around to two people fighting and one silent tear watching, herbsman begins to laugh as he turns the corner

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Letters to an Unknown Destination
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL