Get Timers Now!
X

May 14 - 14:40:26
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
Death Penalty - Wackback style clause Started by: TheGuyFromTheBar on Jan 07, '10 08:20

Ok, so this idea isn't all that well thought out but here goes.  Maybe with a bit of input it might move into something good.

People go to jail for wackbacks, but if they get away clean then they basically have got away with murder.

How about a system whereby if someone sells their W/S to the Govorner or to the cops the murderer gets sent to jail or, in some cases, is executed?  Would mean that a person might think twice about ratting and also think twice about killing.

This is probably getting too complicated to code now, but another possibility is someone finding out someone else ratted?

Report Post Tip

I like the idea of being able to do more with witness statements -
as far as I know the only thing that can be done with them at the
moment is selling them for 10k to warden (apart from using them as a
bit of info on another crew and who they have been hitting of course).

Being sent to jail for a while if the cops find out you've wacked
someone seems fair enough, but execution seems a bit harsh to me. If there was some way of discovering someone had snitched on you that would make things interesting too but like you said it may get a bit complicated. Just my 2c worth!

Report Post Tip

yep... execution will be very brutal... agreed tho that if someone rats you out you goto jail...

Report Post Tip

What if a witness statement fell into an enemy's hands, though?

Say Don A kills gangster B for being a twat on the streets. Legitimate reason. However, the witness statement falls into the hands of Don C, who despises Don A. There'd have to be a significant in between unless you want bodies dropping daily considering how many people chase inactives on this site.

Report Post Tip

Yes, but then Don C could possibly be exposed for being a snitch?

Report Post Tip

Sounds like a good idea except the execution part. Maybe it could be 6-24 hours in jail. What would be the consequences snitching and someone found out? A fine or death, and who would enforce it? 

Report Post Tip

How about, if instead of a wackback death, you go to jail for 1 hour, if none breaks you out, you get executed. 

Report Post Tip

Personally, I think they only executions should be done by the players of the game... As in players shooting players. Wackback is not a punishment. How would you feel if you were a high ranked member of the community who had worked harder than most to get where you were... You shoot an inactive.. Next thing you know you've been executed. Thus throwing all that work away. Wackback death is bad enough, but to add execution? Do we really need yet another way to die here?

Report Post Tip

Oh and to clarify..

I think they only executions should be done by the players of the game..

Unless they break game rules and the admins have to kill the player using the Uber Cannon 2010!

Report Post Tip

Why not just have a "bribe out of charge" cost assigned to the shooter if info is sold to warden, say $25,000.   This way you wouldn't sell info on your own crew (unless your a dick), you wouldn't sell info on a family you like (unless your a dick) and the person you deem snitchworthy has to pay some cash.   To 'enforce' this person to pay up, you could restrict their ability to access tips menu while awaiting payment, perhaps even remove option to bribe your DFP as well.

Jail time is pointless, I can be broke out in a matter of seconds if I'm online, and who gives a crap if I spend an hour in jail while i'm offline.  Only way to make that 'worth it' would be to send the person to 'admin jail', but punishment for a necessary action within the game is counterproductive. 

Executed?  GTFO lol.

I don't see a reason to allow people to find out who snitched.  Speaking real world scenarios, cops don't give up their snitches.  However...  This could be something incorporated into the players Funeral Home msg...  After the normal hoohah have it list all the snitches done by said player.  This revelation could prove handy in affecting the future bloodlines trustworthiness.

Report Post Tip

Good ideas Mike, I like the bit about the funerals - maybe a cop appears and says RIP automatically and this lets other people know?

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Death Penalty - Wackback style clause
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL