Get Timers Now!
X

May 14 - 05:40:36
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 
Mentor Started by: Bloedsuier on Jan 08, '10 13:08

There is also the aspect of clarification to those it is being suggested to in an open forum. The ability for the rest of us to provide feedback. Not all feedback is positive. It never will be.

All I have done is ask why you can't do it on your own or why the Help Desk people can't do it. I have encouraged you to look at other ways of making this work, like doing it on your own. You may not like the questions but they are still being asked. I have that right to ask them. I am not badgering you or calling your suggestion stupid, I am just asking why it cannot be implemented by users rather than as a coded part of the game as it has been done successfully and unsuccessfully in the past.

Report Post Tip

You have asked the same question for days. I have answered the SAME question multiple times. Honestly, if you have not received the answer you are looking for, you will most likely not receive it.

You are pushing me to try alternatives, and for that, I ask why? The admins are interested in coding this in. Why would I need to try an alternative? If there were a flaw with my idea, then hell, I would be more than willing to try one. However, it is obviously good enough for the admins, as well as possible to code. I see no reason at all to try an alternative. It would appear to me that you just do not wish for things to change.

Report Post Tip

First, I reiterate that I do not support the idea of coding this into the game, that I feel it is each families duty to place the effort into training their people...

Per the concept of an underground group to do this, it wouldn't work for this reason - Many, not all, many people would see it a conflict of interest to train/teach/keep activity of persons not in their family.  Why would you work to make another cities player better?  Like I say, some would have no issue with this, but most would.

I bust my ass every day communicating with all of my crew as well as none-made members within the family who do not have associates.  That is my duty, as well as my choice.   This coded idea would ease my work, yes, but it would make it so my member knows a mentor and not me. 

I worry for the poster of this concept, because obviously he has experienced this lack of attention.  Rather than working on having the system do the job for whichever family(ies) you speak of through this thread you could be working with that/those family(ies) to improve their crew mentoring program.

Per an admin liking this idea, I suppose I can see that.  It would make it so the admins know every player is being coddled and will be more likely to stay.  However I am sure after they consider the staff needs for such a thing to be implemented (as you said, they would need multiple mentors online for every minute of every day), this would be way too much.  As far as making it a helpdesk duty, my respected mafioso friend, helpdesk personnel are a lot of current respected players.  Per this, I reiterate my point of assisting non-family members succeed - it is a conflict of interest.  Sure, the helpdesk people are obligated to answer questions, but to obligate them to actively seek out the new player to train them is something that would likely cause good helpdesk personnel to leave the overwhelming position.

Your idea has merit.  It is a good idea.  There is simply a better way, and it is the way that is being done.  Yes, some fall through the cracks, but that is a deserved loss to the families which do not pay attention to their players.  While it sucks that the game itself may lose a potentially active player, that is life and this is a game emulating real life scenario as best it can.

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Mentor
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL