Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 23:41:42
Page:  1 
What it means to be a Sponsor Started by: TommyTattaglia on Jan 09, '10 02:44

As a new Sponsor myself, never with the ambitions of actually becoming one, I have came to realize how important a Sponsor is in this "thing of ours".

First off a Sponsor is already a member of the organization. They are part of a Crime Family. And a Sponsor is one who watches these new wannabe criminals as they earn. These young ones are known as associates, and they are at the bottom of the totem pole. At the bottom of the food chain. They have no rights to them in the criminal world we live in.

Associates tend to earn here and there while they try to earn the ranks within the organization. This is where Sponsors come into play. They'll take money for protection, just like any other Made guy pay dues to their family head, from their associate while he earns. Because who else are they going to run too if they're in a bind? The Cops? Please...

The protection that these associates get is very basic. It isn't as if they have a whole family behind them to protect them. They have one man and that's his Sponsor. Like I said the protection is basic, loose if you will. But the most important part about being a Sponsor is accepting the fact that you're allowing a young guy run around with your name. He's able to use it as if it were his own. He's able to use it to get out of rough times. Its basically a get out of jail for free card from other Mafiosi.

Now the catch is, a Sponsor is responsible for him. From past events even, Right Hand Men have been the reason why themselves and their Crew Leaders are gunned down. You need to trust the people around you and essentially the people that work for you. Yes, associate work for you. They have no ties to the family but you alone.

What I'm trying to say is, even an associate can change your name on the streets. Just because they work for you and represent you even, and your organization, doesn't mean they do it in good manner.

Report Post Tip

Clown listens to Tommy speak and afterwards he walks up to Tommy.

"Sir you did a very very nice job on that speach. You truly stated what it means to be a sponsor and you also gave the people being sponsored a way to look at how things work in the mafia. I would like to say thank you for taking the time to say this and you did a fantastic job."

Report Post Tip

Julius listens to the mans speech intently before responding himself, pulling a cigarette from his mouth he swirls it in his right hand before beginning

Trust, is the MOST important factor in the way our life is lived. Lets all be frank here, with trust comes loyalty and honesty, two traits that are required of any mafioso in this day in age.

Great speech, I applaud your efforts.

Julius inserts the cigarette back into his mouth and walks away... thinking

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: What it means to be a Sponsor
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL