Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 21:46:55
Page:  1 
NO Business, advertisement game Started by: eggtimer on Jan 09, '10 07:48

Realising the fact that he has not advertised his business too, and if you are running from the cops are guaranteed to miss it, eggtimer decides the only good place to let people know about it is the streets. Realizing that he would be torn to shreads and look stupid, possibly killed for just point blank adverising his custom wepon store he decides he needs something to get people involved. Believing that everyone likes competition and games he decides that's what he shall do.

Hello to all of NO. Some of you may know me, others will not. I am the owner of Eggtimers custom weapons a little store near church street, on buisness row. I am pretty now around here, and to get to be a little more interactive within the community, and get to know more people have devised a game. It is a very simple game, you all probably know it. It is guess the number, and it shall work as follows.

Between now and the 11th of January I will be collecting names of people who are interested in competing, you should send me a message. I do not wish to spam the streets so just post me a message.

Once I have a list of people I shall select a number and ask all the people on my list to select one. If you match the number you win. The prize money for the winners is $2,500.

The number will be eather 1 or 2. Now if that number is chosen by more than 1 person, we shall have to have a second round, with the same rules. Last person to win, is our winner.

If for one round no-one, or everyone wins I will decide on different rules (of a similar nature) which I will make available to all current survivors.

I shall give a quick example, say 20 people choose 1 and 15 choose 2, and I choose 1.

20 people go on to the second round allong with the $50,000 total prize money.

When I make the final payout 20% of the final sum shall be donated to my crew leader, and 10% to the winners. This means if you win a total of, $25,000 the payout will be as follows

You: $25,000

My boss: $5,000

Your boss: $2,500

Best of luck to anyone interested.

Report Post Tip

Eggtimer notices that only one name is in his box. Then there are 2 other names he added himself.

Hello again. Allow me to apologise for the repeat post. However I have had very little interest.

I do not feel right playing the game with the current rules with 3 people. It would feel wrong, as the prize money would be low. At best if 2/3 correctly guessed then that would put only (2x$2,500 = ) $5,000. If they both correctly guessed again that would be $10,000. Then we would enter sudden death and the winner would recieve $12,500.

To solve this problem I am going to do 2 things. Firstly I will extend the deadline till the 13th.

And secondly, since I am doing that, I will add $100,000 to the pot. As to not insult the participants.

Thanks again.

Report Post Tip

I say, I do like people that are entrepen...entre...I Say a businessman!

I am a businesscock myself, and my daddy told me never do business with a man that can't guarantee his customers.

So I say, I say what is my Guarantee? How can you prove to me that you aren't just picking numbers to payout to your friends?

Give me that guarantee and I jus...i say i just might gamble with ya son!

Report Post Tip

Good! A man with a question.

And a good one at that. An untrusting man, but I like that. How can I guarantee I shall not pick numbers for my friends.

Well firstly there are only 2 numbers I can select. So even if I was cheating, you still have a 50% chance of getting it right.

Secondly I have guaranteed any crew members a double payout. Surely that is a reason to not help them out?

Third It is free, I have nothing to gain from you. If I wanted a friend to win I would just walk right over to them and give them it. If I wanted the replies on the forum I would not have said tell me by mail.

And finally To Proove I selected the number I did I shall Post the number in my back alley, so you can match the date of post.

Aha you say What if you  post BOTH numbers and Whack the post with the number that most people choose. Well I asked around and was able to get the help of one of our highly respected godmothers. She will sign the thread to verify it is the only thread I have made for that week.

Report Post Tip

I say, son you certainly do have an answer, but I am not sure I am convinced, having God himself sign a paper won't guarantee that you won't tell a friend about what number you picked.

And if it is indeed a friend, you would have an agreement with said friend to just not pay him out. Or Pay him out, have him produce the bank statement then send the money back.

Forgive me for being a little untrusting, but my dad...dadd...family wrote the book on money scandels, extortion and fixing contests. Why not just walk up to a random stranger and give said stranger $100,000? Since you aren't asking for money to pick a number...I have to prop...propo...assume you are up to no good. seems to me that all the players have to do is send you a mail with "1" in the body and then wait 2 weeks for the single elimination and well draw out "game" to complete...if you want to advertise I'd suggest taking that 100K and paying people to carry signs. I'll do it for 20k a day...

Report Post Tip

Yes, I could. But where would the fun be in that? The idea is to give me something to do on the site whilst waiting for flight timers to expire, or pettys to come around. Also I get to do more interactive things, if people mail me I can mail them back it generates contacts in a way. I now adverise the competition on my profile which gives me something to say on there, and modifying it gives me something to do.

As for the money $100,000 is the basis pot, which is what? 1 days worth of money from my DFP? 2 days would probably pay off the whole of the contest.

I can understand the mistrust, but had you put the effort mis-trusting into sending a mail with "1" or "2" you would have lost less, in the terms of time. But I am glad you didn't for you gave me something else to do besides pettys.

There can really be no proof. I guess if I used lottery balls and such then maybe, but unfortunately there is more than 2 so that might last a while before the first is picked.

However, I think the question is, if your family wrote this book on money scandels, how do I know you are not going to cheat, and keep trying random url's till you find the one where I posted the first result?

Report Post Tip

Sounds good, kind eggtimer. You can count me in.

Regards,

~EL!~

Report Post Tip

A Fantastic Business Idea -

Count me in

~Mezz 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: NO Business, advertisement game
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL