Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 22:46:31
Page:  1 
Marketplace Blues Started by: TheGuyFromTheBar on Jan 10, '10 10:46

*TheGuyFromTheBar leave the bar and stumbles to the marketplace.  After spending a while there, he returns, looking depressed and crestfallen.  He turns to another guy at the the bar and starts to speak...*

You ain't never gonna believe this!  I go to the marketplace, I've had a few to drink, not feeling to bright, you know how it is.  I think to myself, geez, I fancy a laugh.  I offer up 0.0001 of a credit in exchange for $125,000.  I think to myself, maybe some other drunk from the bar will buy it and I make myself some cash.

So, anyways, I fill the forms in and hand over the cash.  About two minutes later, BAM, my money is gone!  I put it in the wrong place!  I offered up 125k of my own cash for 0 credits and, damn, some guy leapt at it and took off with the cash!

Only got myself to blame.

Who'll buy me a drink?

Report Post Tip

Tommy over hears TheGuyFromTheBar spill his guts about a deal that went wrong. Mixing booze or even drugs with business is never a good idea. And this sure shows it.

Haven't you heard the saying, "Never get high on your own supply"? I know you were drinking but the saying stays the same.

I really don't want to offer you a drink after your sour deal but I will offer you a good discount at Panda's sex shop down here in New Orleans. The store has everything from sex dolls, they come in all sizes and shapes, to vibrators that look like toothbrushes. Don't ask why its in the shape of a toothbrush. I was lost in the whole idea too.

Just let Panda know I sent ya. He'll be sure to help you out.

Tommy continues on with his business as he leaves TheGuyFromTheBar think about his offer. Afterall the sex shop was the new booming business to visit.

Report Post Tip

*The GuyFromTheBar looks at the other guy in the bar*

That's an interesting offer.  Do you have a business card?

Report Post Tip

A drink slides across the bar stopping directly in front of The GuyFromTheBar. Oderus nods from a few stools down.

That one is on me. I am always a fan watching people get over on somebody in This Thing Of Ours. It is unlikely somebody would have fallen for it but it was worth a shot anyway. Well, I suppose in this case it wasn't worth it, but cheers anyway and better luck next time.

Oderus raises his own glass to GuyFromTheBar

Report Post Tip

*TheGuyFromTheBar downs it in one*

Thanks Oderus - normally I make a few bucks on the marketplace.  Not today though.  Not today..

Report Post Tip

Tommy reaches into his jacket's right breast pocket. He pulls out a few business cards. They were black with red writing on it. The name Total Panda-Monium was in the middle of the card. There were a few sex icons on the edges of the writing and the card. Panda's name along with the words Sex Entrepreneur were the card as well.

Like I said, be sure to mention my name. He's got great ideas for sexual fantasies both for him and her. And the occasional hermaphrodite.

Try it out. Even if its just for a quick look.

Report Post Tip

*TheGuyFromTheBar looks at the business card*

Do you accept IOUs Tommy?

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Marketplace Blues
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL