Get Timers Now!
X

May 14 - 08:37:06
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
Family invites vs Sponsor invites Started by: TommyTattaglia on Jan 10, '10 13:29

My suggestion is to give a better meaning behind the Sponsor. Not only that but in a roleplay aspect as well. I don't think anyone under the rank of Made Man should be able to recieve an invite from a family. They should only receive Sponsor invites. And work for their Sponsor until they themselves are full members.

After all to be a full member of a family, you must have your button. Your Made status. This could have a lot of draw backs though such as crew leaders falling and the need of invites to go out quickly. But with the appropriate measures, things such as unwanted killings of fallen members can be over watched. Not everyone is saved.

Any feedback?

Report Post Tip

One of the ideas being kicked around is that once a family reaches 25 members, it can no longer send out any invites to low rankers on its own, it can only have sponsors send out invites to low rankers. (the CL/RHM/LHM can send invites to highrankers - like after a war)

Report Post Tip

I love that idea but I think the number should be smaller.

25 members? You should already have a few Made guys by then ya know. I was thinking maybe 15 or even 10. I just think it would help the interaction with newer players to a few of the older members a lot more. And the role play aspect would just set in perfectly.

Report Post Tip

Really, the invite function outside of sponsoring should be only open to bringing people into the crew at made man.  Perhaps I missed something in all the books, movies, documentaries - but I can not think of a time a Don brought in a thug to work in the family.  He may have assigned someone to work with a thug...

Perhaps the approach taken should be that using the crew invite option you should have a secondary line which says who to assign the recruit to.  Have it show a list of sponsors with openings, such as when you do a MUC and people have felony timers open.  You enter the name of the recruit, and click the box of whom to assign them to.  The Don/RHM have better things to do than hold the responsibility of training.  Doing this would also solve the suggestion post titled MENTOR <a href="http://mafiareturns.com/comm/thread/81079" class="six">http://mafiareturns.com/comm/thread/81079</a>

This would mean the dons are restricted not only to how many their HQ can hold, but how many their sponsors can hold.  This causes a decision for them about sponsorship assignments - too few and you have a slower inflow of recruits, too many and you risk having crap training due to promoting unskilled sponsors.

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Family invites vs Sponsor invites
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL