Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 19:33:32
Page:  1 
A Refined Family Started by: LilyEvans on Jan 11, '10 00:36

Lily examined the soapbox for a moment. It had been used as the common man's podium for so long. Clichéd, really. Lily felt something classier was needed for this. Which was why she was standing on top of her candy-apple colored Cadillac. The sight of the redhead standing on such a sleek car had slowed many a gaze and stopped many passerby. Now that she had a veritable crowd around her, she began to speak, accompanying it with a grin and flick of her head.

"Hello, everybody. Glad you could come. I'll keep this short and sweet since I'm a busy woman and you're busy people. First, I'd like to give my deep thanks to PedroRourke for giving me this chance to prove myself as his Captain--an honor that none of my bloodline has yet had. I really can't express my gratitude fully in words, so I suppose I'll just have to do it through my actions over the course of my career."

"Next, I'd like to introduce my new crew: The Refined. Well, new-ish, I suppose. That brings me to the final thing: I'd like to wish Diamond Jim the best of luck in his endeavors and assure him that I'll be taking good care of his members. Indeed, I plan to make them better than ever! Thank all of you for your time. I'll be seeing you around the streets!"

With a wink, Lily slid quickly down from her car and hopped into the driver's seat, cranking it up and peeling down the streets of Detroit with the abandon of an exhilarated youth.

Report Post Tip

Verona danced around the scene with excitement for Lily. Even though Lily was already gone, she was still celebrating for her. Grabbing the champagne she poured a large glass for anyone around. As the car sped off she saluted the gorgeous young lady and yelled after her.

"Congrats! You are a lovely woman to see bold and I'm sure you will take great care of Diamond Jim's members. As for him, I hope life treats him well and luck is always on his side."

Verona then skipped off with her glass of champagne still in her hand and somehow avoiding being spilled.

Report Post Tip

Congratulations Lily I wish you all the best of luck.

Report Post Tip

Congratulations to the newest Crew Leader in Detroit, LilyEvans.

Grabs a bottle of champagne & slopes of into the shadows again

Report Post Tip

Congratulations Lily I wish you the best of luck with your family.

Report Post Tip

Majestic smiles then lights a cigar.

Congrats Lily, I wish you the very best!

Report Post Tip

Xanxus smiled to himself as he heard the announcement. The crowds started to swell, and Xanxus pushed and swore for a few minutes before getting to the front.

"Congrats!" was all he could manage before being swept back again.

Report Post Tip

Flicks her golden hair to one side and smiles with her cherry red lips.

Well done. You deserve every moment of this glory. 

Abyssor vanishes leaving only the shining radiance of her hair behind.

Report Post Tip

BoogieMan walks up to the young lady

Congrats Lily! I'm glad to see you in this position.

Best of luck as always! Congrats once again.

BoogieMan walks back out into the streets and vanishes into the shadows

Report Post Tip

Giulietta, being at the right place at the right moment, enthusiastically applauds.

Lily, I won't say you deserve it, because that would be below the truth... I am so happy for you! Congratulations!!

She can't help but hug Lily, and giving her a big kiss on the cheek.

Report Post Tip

He smiles as he passes, remembering the telegram he sent LilyEvans already

Congrats my friend, Youll do a wonderful job Im sure.

Report Post Tip

Days later, as he exited a non-descript, unremarkable business on a rare trip to Detroit, Ronald O'Connell bumped into someone as he pushed open the door. Immediately he began to mumble his apologies... before stopping short. Oh shit. There, standing there as if she owned the place (which in hindsight she probably did), was his ex-girlfriend. Of all the ladies in all the world, he just HAD to run into Lily Evans.

He had heard the news some days earlier about her promotion through the ranks. As he gazed at her lovely green eyes and vibrant red hair, it was not her promotion he was thinking about, oh no. It was about those wild, hot, sticky summer days spent down in Nawlins, and those soft, sensual, nights by the lake. A memory floated to the surface of Ronnie's mind... those green eyes reflecting the moonlight, the heavy smell of roses on the air. His hand brushing her cheek delicately...

A blush rose to his cheeks as he realized he was staring at her like, well, how he used to before IT happened. 'You've got to be strong here, Ronald,' he thought to himself. 'Don't show her how much you miss... well, just get the fuck out of here.'

Clearing his throat he fixed his soft gaze upon the woman and gave his goofy grin.

"I h-heard. C-con-congratulations, L-Lil. Always kn-knew you had it i-in y-you."

Hunching his shoulders over slightly, and putting his hands into his trouser pockets, he turned around and began to slowly walk away.

Report Post Tip

Sitting on the front step, smoking a cigarette, Telkin chuckled as he witnessed Ronnie and Lily talking. He tried not to make it too obvious that he was listening, but come on, it was so hard not to laugh. Blowing smoke rings into the air, and bouncing a tennis ball off the side of the house, Telkin smiled as Ronnie left. Walking up to Lily he smiled and winked, commenting,

"You sure do make these young men stutter! It must be the long red hair, eh?"

Telkin lit another cigarette, flicking his now finished one to the ground. He winked one more time before heading inside the HQ, muttering something or other about beautiful red headed women.

Report Post Tip

As he peered around the corner he spotted Telkin going in a door muttering to himself. "Damn!" he thought. He walks over to LilyEvans.

"Congratulations Ms.Evans, my father once said you were destined for greatness."

Sal bows and starts off down the road following the stuttering, goofy looking guy.

Report Post Tip

Congratulations Ms. Evans on your Captaincy in the city of Detroit.

My bloodline has known yours for sometime and I am looking forward to seeing you bring your unique...elegance to the streets of Detroit.

Us rougher, lawless, uncultured criminals might benefit from your refined ways.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Refined Family
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL