Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 22:46:38
Page:  1 
Retirement Home? Started by: Mezz on Jan 12, '10 18:15

*A tall man steps out of the shadows and slowly approaches the crowd gathered in front of  him*

So I have notice recently a lot of associates retiring -

Now I am not being funny here but when did some lowlife associate like me get the right to retire?

The path that some of us have chosen to walk is a dark and underground path, where most need eyes in the back of there head.

The only retirement path I was aware of, was wearing a fresh pair of cement shoes and taking a long walk off a short pier.

Is it just me, or is this a little odd? 

Report Post Tip

Jimmy steps out into the streets. Nodding at the gentleman he answers his question.

Sometimes things happen, Maybe they recently fell into a lot of money. Maybe they paid there bosses off for the sole reason to escape the life. No matter what the reason it seems that in this day and age retiring has become a norm. Surely one would believe in the old code where one dies by the hand of there family and leaves in a pine box, but it seems nowadays many deem this out of date.

Jimmy smiles as he sits on the stoop of the local bakery, waiting on the next speaker to speak up

Report Post Tip

As Tommy heard Mezz speak about the mentioning of Retirement, his bones shook. He only knew retirement meant being on the receiving end of a Colt .45. He never heard of this new retirement bullshit that's being pulled now.

I agree with you Mezz. The only way out is death. Even with these older guys higher up in the ranks, retirement is not an option.

You take an oath and become a Member. You are part of the business now. Retirement from this thing only means there might be a possibility of a few hitters headed down to Florida to actually retire them the right way.

Like you mentioned though, it is more associates retiring. Jimmy said it best "No matter what the reason it seems that in this day and age retiring has become a norm." It is continuing habit that isn't respected and makes me even question the new breed of Gangster coming from Ellis Island. Even makes me wonder what are they retiring from as they just entered the world of Crime.

I guess the new breed of Gangster can't handle the pressure of the stressful ways of hijacking trucks and extorting the local pawn shops for protection money. I don't know about you but I ain't no slob to work a 10 hour day with no real money coming in. I can't turn back to be a civilian...

No fuckin way.

Report Post Tip

This is something that has always frustrated me. Beyond God(fa/mo)thers, who have earned it, I don't think anyone should be able to retire. At the very least, those below Made shouldn't be blanket refused the privilege of being allowed to retire and those above Made should be at the behest of their leader's wishes. However, as long as the option is there to do a runner - which is what it is in most cases - it will happen.

Just as frustrating are suicides, it's a coward's way out, though I realise that there is nothing that can ever be done to stop this. We just have to stress that there are alternatives to this waste.

Report Post Tip

Suicide I see as a total lack of respect to the CL and should be punishable in this life and the next... If you want to end your life, ask an associate to assist you.

Suicide is something I have never, nor ever will condone.

Boaby as a man of your stature I find it relieving to see such passion and similar morals.

*Mezz Doffs His Cap*

Retirement is for those too old, and who have earnt there place in life, below being made - you have earnt very little.

*Mezz waders off to go drink in the coffee shops*

Report Post Tip

Is it worse for an associate of a family, and by that I mean anyone who hasn't gotten Made, to suicide, or is it worse for someone who has sworn an oath of loyalty, upon a saint, and become a Made guy, and progressed further into the family, to turn a gun on themselves?

Can anyone say they have truely earned a retirement. This thing of ours, is for ever. You can earn millions and millions for your boss, kicked up more than any other mobster in history. You retire, suicide, call it what you will, and your boss looses an important income stream.

I don't think anyone has earnt that right. At the very most you might have earnt a slightly easier life with more perks, but a retirement, from this thing of ours?

Forget about it.

Report Post Tip

*Mezz Joins in wrapping the back of his fingers under his chin*

Fugedda bout it...

I completely agree - If anyone deserves retirement the it's only ever going to be a Godfather - (ooc MoFa - Meh!) but to me retirement is not some sunny vacation to Orange County... it's swimming alright... but not in the fun sense. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Retirement Home?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL