Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 18:30:31
Page:  1 
Invite Whores Started by: PoisonousJelly on Jan 13, '10 19:00

PJ was steadily getting on his feet within Los Angeles and issued a meeting with his RH and Don Morgan. PJ liked a drink though, so instead of having it in the confines of their HQ. They went out for a few drinks and a sit down. Yet again, the eaves droppers where out in the masses. He begins the topic he wanted to discuss.

We've all at some point in our life gone over the utter hatred of member whores and how horrible we all think it is. However, I want to talk about the other end of it. They are invite whores. Maybe it's not as well spread as member whoring but it still happens and I absolutely hate it.

If you're wondering what I am talking about, let me explain;

An invite whore is a person who has been given a fair bit of knowledge about this thing of ours. A person who realises that he must seek out an invitiation from one of the crewleaders out there to get any where in our world and to avoid being shot soon after his first 48 hours in our cities. So he then makes his way to the mail box of multiple crewleaders, RHM, LHM and sponsors and sends the same or slightly modified mail to each of them.

As an old friend of mine used to say, this really irks me.

There is always promises of loyalty and respect in these peoples invite requests. Yet they send out numerous requests to join other peoples families. Where is the respect or loyalty in that? If you want to show loyalty to your potential boss then start it from the god damned offset. If you want to show respect to your potential boss then start it from the god damned offset. If you are knocked back from entry to the crew then you leave with your respect intact and can go on to another potential boss.

So boys, if you ever hear about anyone joining LA who has requested other invitations prior to accepting from anywhere other than LA. Let me know, as they'll be dealt with and that said, If anyone asks you for an invite but joins someone else. Let me know, i'll be certainly requesting his death.

It irks me.

Report Post Tip

I'd just like to take the opportunity to add another echo to this sentiment - If you want to show loyalty to your potential boss then start it from the god damned offset. If you want to show loyalty to your potential boss then start it from the god damned offset.

Mr Jelly, you hit the nail on the head there...twice. Young mobsters should pay attention to these words, loyalty, loyalty, boss, boss, offset, offset. Baddaf'kinbing mon frere. Are you related to Jimmy Two Times by any chance?

Report Post Tip

Standing behind the curtain which gives privacy to those who want to use the phone, he hears this conversation and realises the importance of the words being said. He moves a good ten inches backwards, pulls up his trousers, buttons up then whispers "You're only an eight anyways, must speak to my friends but if you could leave me the address of your sister that would be wonderful... I need to finish somewhere more decent". He opens the curtain revealing the barmaid as she shifts down her dress and walks over the the table before dropping onto a chair, obviously not out of exhaustion. He leans backwards and takes a breath before opening his mouth, "I know what you mean, sometimes the postman sends me a letter from someone new to our streets telling me how they love me, how much they want me, but that is to be expected. Offering loyalty and handwork to our family are good things to bring to the table, and I'm nearly hooked but then when I enquire with the postman he tells me the writer is sending many letters to people with probably the same words-  I feel cheated on. Most that mail letters these days with those messages are what you call invite whores, and their parents have taught them better so they should fucking curl up and die. I may let it slide if they are new without a family history to this world, and to be honest those are the ones likely to be spotted on the street than know who to approach. I don't think anyone would want a person who offers loyalty to all leaders, it would be discomforting knowing that if leader died that the person would be ready to move on easily as they are so ready to sell themselves to the first person that will give them a roof."

Sic stops his utterance knowing that his lack of conciseness must be rather boring to the sober. He licks his lips to regain moisture the monologue stole from his perfect mouth, whilst doing so notices the lipstick that has been smudged since the beginning. He wipes it off, before turning around to the barmaid with a clear smirk "You fucking stained me, that'll be drinks for us all!". Morgan looks at him disapprovingly and mutters, "Stop pretending you're sexist, we all know you'll slip her some notes".

Report Post Tip

*Mezz Clears his eye's with his hands*

Apologies, I miss-read the sign above your head Mr Jelly...

Thank Goodness though - all sorts of debauchery lurk within these cities, but there would be just no place in the streets! 

I completely agree with all your sentiments, however nowadays fresh arrivals from the boat are bombarded by contacts from various individuals - 

Perhaps the Godfathers would set a rule as to 'unless no-one from that city is on-line' then only people from the city where the fresh arrival landed may contact such an individual?

~Mezz   

Report Post Tip

Marley mumbles to himself as he ask Peggy, the operater, to connect him with his lead whore from his personal prostitute ring, Nikki Lickski, "That damn Jelly always wanting to get slimey"

Morgan does the cut throat jesture and Marley hangs up the phone

Ow, I see...

Marley gives Morgan a wink and a thumbs up

Those invite whores we're talking about, are we?  Those whores usually wait to see who can dish out the most cash. Buy the most bodyguards.  Cut a couple corners and maybe get a slot in the upper structure of the family. Play the, "I can be a valueable asset", card.  Tired of seeing'em. Tired of hearing'em.  Sheeeeesh!!

I say kill'em all.  The last thing you do is play with a mans/womens lively-hood and our business is our lively-hoods.  I feel the majority, if not all, our leaders would agree with this.  It's been going on way too long. These whores should take trust and loyalty more seriously before running around selling a little piece to each and every family.

4 whores come walking through the door and ask for Jelly.  Marley calls them over saying, "Fellow me I'll Jam in the back.  I mean Jelly's in the back".  Marley walks on toward the back and turns around right before exitings and says,

Mon!

Report Post Tip

Perhaps the Godfathers would set a rule as to 'unless no-one from that city is on-line' then only people from the city where the fresh arrival landed may contact such an individual?

The problem with this is that almost all of the fresh blood lands in Detroit. If this rule was to be put in place then it would give the detroit families a huge advantage when it came to recruiting new members.

As for invite whoring, I have to say it irks me as well. It pisses me off quite a bit in fact. There have been a few times where I have been approached by someone for an invite. I took the time to mail with them back and fourth for a while and finally sent out an invite... Only to notice ten minutes later that they had joined someone else and wasted my time.

Report Post Tip

Agreed, I have been in that situation as well and would like nothing than to shoot them in nuts....I mean head...but there's just one problem and it's the simple fact that they under 48 hours old and if they're not then they're dead anyway. Gotta find a way around it

Report Post Tip

*Erractic observes a familiar face, and an even familiar problem.*   

I total agree with you on this issue PJ (Applause.), and it is a growing problem on these street!  
These invite whore use  their ignorance to further themselves  in our world they  
truly do not give a damn about loyalty/principles or family and  who are just following the script.  
Is this is how the future is gonna be (Flinches)  

If anything at least now we can creating this public perception that it's not  acceptable 

lets get rid of these scum,(Laughter.)   

* Erractic slips his whiskey and leaves*

Report Post Tip

Goddamn it, I lost my train of thought just as I was about to speak. Let me try again....

What if said "invite whore" only mailed crews within one city offering his loyalty? Is this still whoring? In my eyes I don't believe it is. A city is just a big family headed by a Godfather or Godmother right? Perhaps you should spare these people their lives.

And on the subject of loyalty....

If one was truly loyal, a person would return to the city and if possible the crew of their father, would they not? I don't see this much except for higher ups of families like the son/daughter of the CL, their RHM or LHM but I suppose this is another subject entirely.

Report Post Tip

Well pointed out Michael. However if you remember what I had said nearer the end of my little spat you will see I agree with you on the matter.

So boys, if you ever hear about anyone joining LA who has requested other invitations prior to accepting from anywhere other than LA. Let me know

These people will not lose their life, not at all. If the person was to promise loyalty but still ask for an invite or three from the same city. I would still consider that offering loyalty to the city. So would not be as irked about that as if they had asked for numerous invites from numerous leaders and cities.

You also raise another great point on next of kin returning after their fathers death. I have a few opinions on that but as you said, it's a different subject entirely which I will be more than happy to discuss in the coming days.

Report Post Tip

What if the person that contacted a new Crew Leader, not knowing how good they are, writing a few lines, and sending it to them, and then the Crew Leader decides not to write anything back, but just sends an invite to them, surely before anyone is accepted into a crew, you should get to know the person, they may be nothing like there father, and may think that they are not a nice person, and then you may not want to reconsider whether you want this type of person in your family, surely that would be a reason to go talk to someone else, if the person you contact doesn't even want to have a friendly conversation. Just a personal opinion.

Report Post Tip

Ah, so you did PJ. You'll have to forgive me, I've got bad ears sometimes when it comes to details, ha. But I thank you for kind words and agreement.

Report Post Tip

Perhaps the rule should be -You have to be 24 hours old before you can be invited to join a family?

Perhaps if we ask nicely the gods will make it impossible for member whores and more possible for us to establish a relation with the fresh blood and see if we actually want them to be part of our prestigious lifestyle.

Would this resolve the invite whores... probably not - they will always be around - but I do believe in divine retribution!

~Mezz  

Report Post Tip

I was wondering if you were going to reply to this Sal-Marino.

I'm glad you did.

Someone asks me for an invite with a well written request and a little bit of effort, then that person is getting an invite sent to them with a message back saying "Welcome to the Jelly Crime Syndicate".

I'm not going to waste my time getting to know my petty theives and thugs. No freaking way. It's when they reach Wise Guy and start pushing for Made Man I get interested in them.

As far as I am concerned, anyone below Made Man are just associates who earn money for the family. Nothing more and nothing less.

Report Post Tip

Hmmm...good point. 

Though it's hard for me to believe that somebody would have a chance to send ONE invite request before they've already received 5 invites from other crews. 

I know this used to be a huge problem.  And I too hate people who will send me a request for invites, and before I'd have a chance to reply, had already accepted an invite from one of the three other people they'd sent requests too.  Note, however, that I still went ahead and sent notes to leaders who had sent the accepted invites.  The response?  "Oh well, I'll work with them."

First thing you might want to work on with them...loyalty.  As they have none.  But then again, how can we ask for loyalty when we send invites to anybody and everybody.  So, my rant is done.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Invite Whores
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL