Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 00:20:18
Page:  1 
Issue 4: What would you do? Started by: Tritium on Jan 16, '10 16:20

The issues of 'What would you do?' will lay out sticky scenarios that we would only come across once or twice in our everyday lives. At the end of each scenario there will be an open end for righteous and keen judgment. My goal is to leave you thinking, hopefully caught in between the gaps of your mind. Even though I want to focus on the gray areas where you're questioning your priorities, morals, beliefs, etc., I know that won't always be the case because there are people out there who have their stuff outlined with a permanent black marker. However, it doesn't hurt to try. Maybe some of the responses you get in this issue will define a person's personality in a indirect way and I think that would be something unique. So ladies and gentlemen, I'm proud to present you Issue 4!

The concern of 'member whoring' is growing bigger and bigger as the weeks go by. Back then you could hear people bickering underneath their breath about this matter, but now it's turned into a loud cry that's heard by many, if not all members of the public. This topic has been very hot lately where all kinds of individuals expressed their opinions that range from a petty civilian to a prestige Godfather. Some say it takes a gathering of powerful leaders to put a stop to it but others say it's impossible to fix given the lack of evidence.

However, the gods from above approach YOU for a solution. They give you the clearance to do whatever you want as long as your solution is fair for everyone and it doesn't interfere with the foundation that the gods laid before you. So...

What would you do?

Report Post Tip

Actually it's been a loud cry for years.... It's always been an issue. The fact of the matter is, it'll never change.

Reason being... If someone is new, most likely it's not even known to them that it is a frowned uponed action. They don't even know what member whoring is... They may even think it's an orgy that's held in the back alleys. Who knows right? So unles it's specifically stated within the commandments of this world it will never be compleely addressed. To be honest, I don't see that happening. Should it be frowned upon? Sure... But who knows if these people arriving on shores even know whom to contact to begin with, so in some cases it may protect them. If it's a big enough issue and blatant disrespect, then it will be handled like it has in the past. By going to arms.

I agree that it shouldn't happen, i'm just stating there is nothing to prevent it from happening unless it's dealt with directly from another family. Then you may have to ask yourself, would it even be worth it?

Report Post Tip

<em>Clears is throat</em>

Well if the god's aproached me I'd have to decline. After all, it's always been that way, it doesn't mean it should directly change with a god's assistance. Especially since i'm not a religious man

Report Post Tip

Given the opportunity to change something for the better of Cosa Nostra and to stop this very,very hot topic..I'd most likely do what the cow said, no one should invite fresh-off-the-boat civilians, rather the Gods, will just said to them " In this life youll definitely need a crew"..but they will have a protection maybe until they reach the rank of gangster, i think that's enough time to find themselves a crew..

This will prevent whoring, and equality among crews..

Report Post Tip

Well, here's my issue on this topic.

I think it's fair game. Maybe not randomly sending invites or say "Hey you want to join my crew?", but there isn't anyway we can enforce a law to stop this as a simple mobster. We can't read letters sent to new blood, we can't hear every back alley, it's simply out of our hands as humans.

I do not see talking to someone fresh off the boat, offering them a job, as a bad thing. Some men and women were asked to 'do a favor' for a Don off the streets, dragging them into this thing of ours. A few might look around and see who they wish to work for, but most would jump for a chance to join a Crew.

Most might find it disrespectful to offer protection to a fresh person off the boat, but I like to see it as that person joined my crew because they thought it was the best choice.

I would say no, and leave the matter alone.

Report Post Tip

If I were sitting in temple, praying for guidance from the radiant Buddha, and he appeared before me asking my advice, I would have to humbly offer the following solution.

No invite can be given to someone who has just stepped off the boat, for say 24 hrs, or until they achieve Gangster. Further more, no one under the rank can recieve unsolicited mail from anyone with trhe rank of Made Man or above, lets face it, spam is always a big issue for everyone. Now to qualify this, if a thug talks to you, you can of course reply, but you can't approach a thug and speak to him first. Only seems right considering any button man worth his salt would hardly approach an unknown thug to speak to him.

It would then be up to the mighty Buddha to choose whether to follow my advice or to seak a more knowledgable sage to converse with.

Panda checks the time and hurries off to the New Orleans Stupa to pray

Report Post Tip

(Removes his hat) I know some may not agree with my approach but i think they should be killed. It really make the family look bad. Honestly I feel they should be approached to become part of a family instead of the other way arround.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Issue 4: What would you do?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL