Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 18:53:49
Page:  1 
Interesting - 1934 Sears Roebuck Catalog Started by: Squishy on Jan 16, '10 20:16

http://www.lileks.com/30s/sears1934/index.html

This site has the entire 1934 Sears Roebuck catalog all scanned in available for view, a pretty interesting look at what life was like back then.  Its just a hair past the time period of the game, but 99% the same trends.

Report Post Tip

Wow, thats a pretty cool find!  I wish stuff was still that cheap.....Theres some pretty cool stuff on the catelog!

Report Post Tip

Oddly I've seen that a few times. I work for a sears company and such but they actually offer these.

Report Post Tip

$9,50? for an overcoat?! 

Those where the days...

Report Post Tip

I think Ill take one of those $9.50 over coats they look pretty stylish!

Report Post Tip

Man...the prices lol

Report Post Tip

The more elegant dresses don't seemed to have changed much besides getting more riskay. The prices are to die for too. Yet, they also got paid a lot less back then.

Report Post Tip

yea and back then that overcoat was cheap but was great quality not some cheap coat that will rip in 2 weeks for 30$ we have now or wtv :P

Report Post Tip

This is a wonderful source of background information to use in your day to day role play.. Thank you Squishy.

Report Post Tip

I think our bodyguards are slightly over paid looking at these prices.  No wonder they risk their life for us

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Interesting - 1934 Sears Roebuck Catalog
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL