May 19 - 23:18:27
Page:  1 
The Mayflower Started by: Mayflower on Jan 18, '10 00:08

There was a terrible gale as the ship finally docked, hours
waiting in the bay for the storm to settle felt like hours for the young men
from Europe. Sure it was an adventure but was it to pay dividend?  I looked up
at that moment I was guided off the ship,the rain was horrendous, beating
down onto my skin, I then looked up and met the eyes of the poor soul gifted
the job of guiding the immigrants into the holding complex.

The next few hours were a blur of signing my name, giving my details and being moved through line after line towards the gates
of the free world.

"Sign here"....."Where are you from???!"...." che è il suo
nome"....question after question...

After what seemed like days I joined the endless line of
people heading towards to the freedom of the USA. The job?  Whatever I could take...

I cleared my head, the rain still hadn't stopped, I need a
place to stay for the night, I started to look around........

(OOC: I have come back after a number of years to find a
fair number of deaths, Dons dead....War I assume. Please let me get settled?)

Report Post Tip

<em>Monty walks up to may and smiles.</em>

"Mayflower, friend, you're right to assume, war it was, a rough one at that.  Several died, lots of young kids now taking their places.  I'd like to be the first to welcome you back here.  Lots have changed over the years, you'll notice soon enough, and hopefully be able to pick up quickly.  Walk with me ehh?"

<em>Monty puts an arm around Mayflower's shoulder for a second in a guiding manner and starts walking down the streets pointing out all that is new and changed, and all that has still stayed the same.</em>

"I wouldn't worry too much about anyone tryin to hurty you right this moment friend.  Most are too young to hold a gun, and the others are weary of using theirs.  It truely is a good time to return home.  Best advice I can give is to find work, there are still several jobs to be had around, all you got to do is keep your eyes open for opportunity, which there will be plenty of in the days to come, I'm sure."

<em>Monty continues on to his favorite restaurant.</em>

"Please, join me?" 

Report Post Tip

The young man in front of you smiles

"It would be a pleasure, the food on the boat wasn't of the highest quality..."

You enter the restaurant and take a seat by the window, the middle aged waiter came over and took the order. Small talk then followed, before the man asked the question you had been hoping he would ask...

"So what is employment like around here? Many jobs going??"

Report Post Tip

<em>Monty looks up from his coffee and smiles.</em>

"Well friend, employment is, yes, that's one way to put it, abundant.  I'm surprised you actually were not appproached yourself yet.  The best thing I can say though, go get yourself cleaned up a bit, get a nice suit, a haircut, shave your face and then find yourself a ranking member in society that looks like he needs a hand, and believe me, they all do."

<em>Monty shoots a glance around real fast then gives you a slighted grin.</em>

"Just don't let my boss hear us sayin things like that eh?"

<em>He smailes and takes another drink from his coffee as the food arrives.</em>

Report Post Tip

Mayflower thanks the waiter as a dish of steaming food is placed down infront of him

"No, no one has approached me yet, although I do think a trip to the barbers is in order. The other half back home used to like it long but I can't stand it!"

He has a taste of the food

"mmm this is good! So who runs things around here these days then?"

Report Post Tip

Money smiles at Mayflower

"Well friend, it all depends on where you feel like living.  Me personally, I like LA.  The beach has a nice atmosphere to it, and pretty women."

Monty grins kind of evily

"But the best way to find out is to ask around the streets, people know who theirs bosses are and will probably help talk to them for you, you just gotta decide where is best for you to live."

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Mayflower
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL