Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 23:18:28
Page:  1 
New to Las Vegas Started by: Lucretia_Borgia on Jan 18, '10 19:52

Lucretia sat in her new Las Vegas office sorting through her messages, responding to all her letters. She scribbled on a piece of paper: Thank you for your heartfelt congratulations. Yes, I will be continuing my newspaper, no, I will not be calling it the New York Post anymore. I'm not in New York any more, after all. Yes, as a matter of fact, I have gotten a lot of mail today. Sorry for the slow response, it was nice talking to you ... Who was this letter to, again? It must be the fifth she had written just like that. Oh well. In a selfish sort of way, it was good to know that people were thinking about her, even if they did all think the same mundane things. Either way, after spending several hours sorting through her mailbox only to have another pile delivered, it was time to go to work on other matters. The mail could wait, Sin City could not. Lucretia picked up the phone and called her trusted friends into her office.

A half hour later, Lucretia was speaking with Cryptic, Youngsta, Ricin, and a few others. "Hey everyone. I've called you here today to discuss the plans for our lovely city here. It seems to me that the time is right to expand business a bit. When I look around the city I see gambling dens everywhere, prostitution rings without pimps, and thriving commerce just waiting to be seized. On top of that, both Cryptic and my headquarters are so full right now people are sleeping on the floor." An uneasy chuckle filled the room. The image was humorous but all too close to reality.

"So with that in mind, first things first. Youngsta, you have served as my right hand man for several months now, always with honor, dedication, impeccable attention to detail, and even patience when required. I could not have ask for a better second in command than you." Lucretia hands him a keyring. "Take these. They're the keys to your new headquarters, a spacious derelict office building downtown. It should suit your needs nicely. If you perform your new role as street boss half as well as you did as right hand for the House of Borgia, you'll be a shining example of excellence for the eight cities. You've earned it, friend. Good luck."

Lucretia turned to her long time captain from New York, who had come with her to Las Vegas. "Cryptic. You've performed admirably as my captain in New York, and I'm glad to have you with me here in Las Vegas. In New York you were my captain, and you handled business efficiently and profitably. With my promotion comes a promotion for you. You will now serve as one of the House of Borgia's bosses in this city, no longer a captain. Part and parcel with that role, I give you the authority to set up a captain for yourself. I have complete trust in your ability to pick someone capable of doing the job whenever you feel the time is right."

"Ricin, I guess you're still stuck in the the old HQ with me. Sorry, pal." Lucretia laughs at her own joke. Everyone else tries to fake a chuckle at the overused line. Miss Borgia continues on undeterred, "I need you as my new right hand man now, but I'm sure you can handle that just fine. We get the best job of all now. We can sit back, relax, and watch other people earn us money! Good luck to everyone here, and let's make sure Vegas prospers under the Borgias!"

Report Post Tip

As everyone got up and left the meeting Youngsta stayed seated. He'd known this moment was coming for a while now. Even back when it wasn't on the table, he knew that this was where it was all leading.

After a few minutes of contemplation Youngsta stood. This was his chance to shine and show Lucretia and the 8 cities that he was made of the tough stuff. He turned to the door and dashed out searching for Lucretia but couldn't catch her up until the bottom of a long corridor.

'Ma'am!'Called out Youngsta after his Godmother. Lucretia turned on the spot to face him

'Ma'am, I just wanted to say thankyou. Properly. Working for you these last few months has been amazing. We have had the good fortune to have some of the finest characters I've ever worked with in our family. Not to mention our structure was built from men, and you of course ma'am, that I would go to my death with a thousand times over for the sake of the crew.

Although Im still working for you and even with many of the same faces, im going to miss the old New York headquarters. The many happy beers in the bar, the Ice Creams in the shop outside and of course the man that has made so many things possible, Deimne. Where would we all be without him!?

So, before I keep you too long, I just wanted to explain how much this oppurtunity means to me and how I fully intend to do my best in running Las Vegas and working with Cryptic.

Youngsta turns on his heal and disapears into an office leaving Lucretia standing in he hallway.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: New to Las Vegas
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL