Get Timers Now!
X

May 08 - 11:51:23
Page:  1 
Three Godfathers and a lot of funerals. Started by: ScipitaRourke on Jan 19, '10 14:36

ScipitaRourke sat with Jayne at the bar, Morgans daughter had just given them the news on how many mafioso's from
Los Angeles and Philadelphia had given their lives during the war.
Very little words were said, they all just stared at the list. Even though they won, it would take them a lot more effort
to rebuild. Rebuild what they started.
The fine mafioso from Los Angeles and Philadelphia had given their lives for fighting what they thought was right, their
loyalty to the cities was remarkable.

ScipitaRourke thought back on how it all started, the words Godmother Aurora had spoken regarding Morgan passing on the
Godfather title had been a slap in Scipita's face.
Prior to authing City Head PoisonousJelly and Morgan to their current titles, she had consulted the godmother in private
laying out her plans for the city. Godmother Aurora had given her blessing and she had assumed things were looking peachy.
How wrong she was.

Not much later Grin was taken by the gods and whilst a few mafiosi visited the funeral, they overheard Godmother Aurora
speak out loud about her frustrations on the unfairness of the deed done by the gods.
He has not called anyone malicious names and singled people out, like some others have recently. was what Aurora
had said... ScipitaRourke decided to contact Aurora upon this.
They exchanged very little words, Aurora clearly still deeply upset what with the passing away of Grin was clearly not even
interested in her inquiry if the words spoken at the funeral were meant for Scipita.
Aurora did however mention that she found it harsh she wasn't punished for calling Grin a twat in the OOC district yet Grin
got taken by the gods. Scipita was told to take that anyway she wanted.

At that moment ScipitaRourke decided to leave Aurora for what it was, she was clearly not capable of any reasoning nor did
ScipitaRourke feel the need after that brief chat to continue talking with her.

Basicaly after that, a few more ridiculous and mostly unacceptable events happened with members from the Las Vegas, nothing
to major to go over in detail though. Aurora had already pissed her off enough for Scipita to get a war plan going.
Whilst Tita and such were having lots of "fun" in the coffee shops, Scipita was hard at work planning their deaths, thinking
about how funny it would be when she had the last laugh.

Yeah a series of events had caused ScipitaRourke and PoisonousJelly to launch a war on the oldest Godmother in America at that
time.

So what exactly happened? Jayne inquired. Jayne basically had been away during the war, overseas for business, oh the
horror on Jayne's face when he returned home to Philadelphia

Well Jayne, remember we were shadowing Aurora? Checking out her moves, when she ate, when she slept, where she bought her
newspapers etc?
We got quite some good results in from the shadowing and decided she would be most vulnerable Sunday morning you know, so
basically that's were it started.
Unfortunately for us Aurora woke up a hell of a lot sooner than we expected and well within a heartbeat Godfather Rhuarc and
Godfather BoabyWanKenobi had joined by the side of Aurora.

So well, all of a sudden we had a big war, fortunately for us PedroRourke was made aware of the situation and joined our side,
a good man that PedroRourke is! Within a few moment we decided that Kates would temporarily move to Los Angeles since rumours
had it her gun would be even more superior there.
And just a few hours later New York had assembled their hit squad also aiding by our side and we were looking at a major war.

What else can I say really, the results are all in all the obituaries, we won. But all the four winning cities had some major
major losses.

Detroit lost LilyEvans, Los Angeles lost Morgan and whilst NY and PHI didn't loose any of there leaders they did loose some excellent
Members and Soldiers.
It's sad, sad indeed. Truth be told, even though we were at war and all I've seen some great people die from LV, SL and NO.
May they all find their peace in heaven.

Scipita sighed whilst looking at the obituaries once more, had it been worth it?
Yes, it had been worth it.

Closing her eyes to bear a moment of silence the losses, a tear ran down her cheek. She felt heartbroken for the losses of her members
and her allies losses but could proudly say, there deaths where not in vain.

Excuse me Jayne, I better dash, I have cities to visit.. Three Godfathers to congratulate, fuck knows how many funerals to attend.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Zuldazar listens in from the back of the bar

"Very well planned and excecuted Scipita and the rest involed. You do a fabulous job and you all did what was best for us all. Zuldazar would like to thank you for that. Now I must go eat as Zuldazar a very hungry orc".

Report Post Tip

Attacking a rival at their weakest is obviously an integral maneuver in a first-strike approach to war.  The failure to seize this initiative would be rather unwise for any regime. 

My bloodline has seen this repetition of events unfold time and time again, with little hope for change in the future.  The wars are all different, but the "peaces" are all very very similar.  It's actually something of a paradox to be quite frank. 

War comes; Godfathers and cities align themselves accordingly; leaders and soldiers fall together; a victor is solidified by blood; new leadership arises from the ashen waste. 

With this understanding, it is obvious that nothing new will come from this renewed peace.  People will train their guns and prepare for the next alignment of sides - worlds clashing for the chance to call themselves the victors of the next static peace. 

However, few Wise Guys like myself sit on the sidelines, awaiting our chance to actually use our voices; putting our great minds to some actual use rather than the basics of war and peace. 

Will we get that chance now?  Highly unlikely... but I do enjoy being proven wrong every now and then

Report Post Tip

Congratulations on your victory Godmother ScipitaRourke, now begins the act of rebuilding the remaining cities.

Sighs.

Though a tradgedy that Detroit and Los Angeles lost a leader and every city involved suffered casualties, it is testiment to the expert planning and disciplined execution that the casualties from Philadelphia, Los Angeles, Detroit and New York were kept to a minimum when considering the losses on both sides.

Rest in peace all that lost their lives.

Wraith

Report Post Tip

Thank you Godmother ScipitaRourke for taking the time to explain how the war started. I'm sure it was appreciated by those of us with inquisitive minds. 

May the fallen soldiers on both sides rest in peace. 

Report Post Tip

Beh..Power and dominion is taken by the will...Good Job Godmother Rourke. And may God rest their soul who fought bravely and died in this tragic war...

Gets back in his Caddy, tips the driver's shoulder..Lets go Frank

Report Post Tip

Thank you for the explanation. It wasn't essetntial but it was needed in my opinion. It was a well planned war that required adjustment to be won. You planned and adjusted better than the other side and as such came out the victor. My congratulations.

Can I question you on just one thing? Well, not question you. Just ask a question of you.

What exactly brought New York into the way so late in the day? It has puzzled me these last few days the reasoning behind joining a war that had been raging amongst the city for a fair few hours. They had been dodging bullets aimed at other targets while walking the streets for a fair while before deciding which side to choose. Did you contact them or did they contact you?

Obviously I have no right to the answer. Just me being curious..

Report Post Tip

Walking the streets for a fair while? Really?

And here was me thinking that as the godfather of New York, it would be my place to make calls relating to my city. The fact that I wasn't walking the streets and wasn't even awake to see any actions how poor that my city wouldn't react without first getting word from me. Foolish mistake obviously. My bad. I'll ensure my city no longer follow rules, no longer listen to me and no longer be members of this thing of ours who follow a chain of command.

Thank you for highlighting these short comings to me. I'd perish to think what might have happened if I had continued to run a tight ship where my leaders and city members do me proud on a daily basis and, despite any personal feelings they might have had on the subject, wait for orders to follow whatever the circumstances before following them to a T.

We should all be ashamed of ourselves for this.

Wonders if he can squeeze any more sarcasm in there, before realising he doesn't really care. While it's not essential, it is needed (confused much? I know I am) for goomba's to know when they should and when they shouldn't question a godfather in that manner, he at least hopes that next time they might get their facts straight... but doubts it greatly.

As for joining the war, I hate appearing to pander to the whim of others but it is something I'm happy and was hoping to share, but having said that.. I'm confused as to what the real reason was.

The night before the war, having a wise guy from Las Vegas threathen the life of a New York boss in the streets certainly left me outraged. Having numerous high ranking members from his family walking the streets at the time (I use it literally, they actually were here, unlike some) without so much as a note of apology or comment on the event didn't help the matter one bit (I will note an exception in the form of Don _Ragnarok_ who did take the time to get in touch on behalf of his city with an apology, it didn't go unappreciated). When the wise guys right hand man showed up, I thought great, we can put this nonsense to bed. However, no comment on the issue was received and no action taken against the member in question. To say I was unpleased, bit of an understatement.

Despite my unhappyness, I always did have (and continue to have) the utmost respect for Godmother Aurora, so fought off any urge to take matters into my own hands, which was a tempting thought when a right hand man wasn't taking on the job, and waited to speak to her. As I patiently sat there, I got a very interesting note from one of my men. Details, came to me of a leader from Las Vegas trying to convince a member of New York to take their own life so that their kin would be free to move to Las Vegas. As I dug deeper, I was unable to find proof of this event, the coffee shop in question (MR Java Client I believe it's called, names these days ehhh?) wasn't one that we had tapped for recordings. Unable to get verifable proof, I questioned those who were aware of the events further to find out this 'suggestion' had been made on a number of occasions. Needless to say, a bitter taste formed in my mouth.

The following morning I managed to be woken as Godmother Aurora became available. Needless to say, the woman treated each of the situations with the attention and care they deserved, allowing us to agree to both further investigate the situation fully before agreeing how to resolve the issue and move forward. She always was an excellent leader, so this wasn't a great surprise to me. Despite that, I was still very unhappy with the events that had transpired that night.

When I finally woke up on the day in question, I was greeted to the news that war had broken out. When investigating the reasons for it, I was shocked by some of the information I was given. I had no problem in these circumstances, given all that happened and all that I was told, in backing Philly, LA and Detroit.

Combine all of the above with the reasons I have been told caused it, namely me being a tyrant, having a "thirst for power that will be my deth" (I assume this is like death but more painful?), me being a (I aim to quote here, so forgive me if I do misquote) "cockjuggling warmonger", my sordid love affairs (I must be getting old, I've sadly no recollection of these), my wish to rule the world, my greed, my friendships and my lack of friendships... all of which I happily confirm as playing a role in my life each and every day. I thank those who took the time to point these out to me, I'm not sure what I would have done without your help.

Now, despite the fact that I did choose to go to war, I take nothing away from all of those that died. Godmother Aurora, Godfather Rhuarc and Godfather BoabyWanKenobi were all people I spoke with on a regular basis and each of them I had the highest respect for. They each earned this through their leadership, the fact that I considered them friends also just made the ordeal all the tougher. They each had great members working along side them in their respective cities, so the losses to our community can't be overstated.

However, this is always the outcome of war. Great people die. Sadly, war is an enevitable part of the life we choose. People will fall out, fights will be had, ego's will get bruised, toes will get stepped, people will grab for power and wars will always come. It's as sure as day turns to night, eventually peace will turn to war. My reasons, pick from the long list above, I'm really not too worried what anyone thinks and believes, it doesn't change the outcome and the losses we have all suffered.

Report Post Tip

It was great to know our leaders' point of view about the recent war..Like many other mafioso says a big thank you to Godmother Scipita for clearing things up and explaining everything that needed to explain..

Report Post Tip

Julius listened to the individuals in front of him and felt his rage begin to boil... a mere Goomba was questioning the actions of his beloved Godfather and he wouldn't for one minute stand silent another minute

The reason you aren't dead where your standing Scandia, is because of the amount of respect I have for Godfather Deimne and how it would look on him if an individual in his city committed such an act.

The reason for New York, joining the war is simple. The Godfather ordered it, end of fucking discussion. It is not my place, the place of any Leader, and especially not the place of a lowly Goomba to sit and question the decision of the Godfather.

Julius looked at the man in disgust and walked away... heading straight for him to sit and drink his rage away in a bottle

Report Post Tip

Firstly, I shall say thank you for the answer. Is that not all I asked in the first place?

As I very obviously said at the time "Obviously I have no right to the answer. Just me being curious.."

I wasn't actually passing judgement on why this man had walked into the war nor was I saying he made a right or wrong choice. As has been so nicely put it is/was none of my business.

As far as I was aware at the time, Godfather Deimne had walked the streets while the war was being fought for a few hours prior to entering. I had some God like vision that I had seen him around the seven cities (Hate this OOC: How else can I mention the 60 second list?) for some time. I am obviously wrong and I apologise for that accusation.

The question was never aimed at being more than a question. I had already written my piece for another place where I shall be appearing soon. A place where someone should have used it better considering timing.

Do I deserve to know why Deimne entered the war? No.

Did I say he shouldn't have? No.

Did I give any reason why I thought he had? No.

Did I demand an answer to the question? No.

Did I deserve an answer to the question as a lowly Goomba? Probably not.

But I asked the question because I was curious of the answer. As I stated above.

If you do not ask questions then you do not get answers. If you felt it was out of line then so be it. I shall not be so bold in the future. You learn lessons everyday of your life.

But to clarify completely. I didn't question the decision of a Godfather in the way it is being made out. I just simply asked the question why to try to understand the reasoning for my own knowledge. Not to disagree with it or to even pass judgement on it.

Report Post Tip

Q_Legacy sat quietly in a corner with his drink, leaning in to listen to the conversation between ScipitaRourka and Jayne, and nearly knocking his glass over in the process.  A smile of agreement crosses his face upon hearing that Aurora had woken up a hell of a lot sooner than they expected.

The smile soon turned to a solemn expression as the recently deceased are mentioned and some names are listed.  Q_Legacy looks down at his now empty drink and briefly stirs around the ice in his glass before standing up and walking over to ScipitaRourka and Jayne.

Thanks for letting me eavesdrop, it's good to hear an account of the events.

Q_Legacy tips his fedora and walks toward the exit of the bar.

Report Post Tip

This has been one biggest wars in awhile

I want say Rest In Peace to the fallen, and the ones who died for what they beileved in, this a new step in a direction in the mafia world..

Report Post Tip

Regarding the war from a technical point of view, when human emotion is involved one should always expect a reversion to the mean.

Even as a newcomer it was clear that things here were rather peaceful. Each cycle if you will, tends to snap back like an elastic. Especially when there is a period of unnatural sustainability there is usually a powerful move in the opposite direction before an eventual calm.

It is all very predictable but unfortunately for most it is more easily visible only in hindsight.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Three Godfathers and a lot of funerals.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL