Get Timers Now!
X

May 08 - 04:26:28
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Reaper Daily Issue 3 Started by: The-Reaper on Jan 19, '10 19:44

I kinda liked Scandia's article. Outdated yes, but that was more the publisher's fault than Scandia's no doubt. Let's face it, the average soldier has a right to be concerned about the reasoning behind so many deaths. We'll loyally serve our families, yes, and we'll fire our guns without question; hell, I'll eat nails for my family without a second thought. That being said, a timely explanation in the streets is always welcome.

Everyone is quick to dump on this guy's paper - and certainly The Reaper Daily would benefit from more content and less press - but who else was even making an attempt to explain what the hell was going on these last couple of days. Look you won't find a bigger follower of Omerta than myself, but I remember when these streets were much livelier with discussion and there was an informed attempt at including those who didn't frequent the back rooms.

Anyway - the explanation from the leadership that is now known on the streets is much appreciated and has brought some clarity. But you have to admit, Scandia had a point.

Actually Glock, The leaders didnt have to explain anything to anyone about the war. The fact that they chose to is their own buisness, but noone can ask a Leader to explain themselves to anyone other than their Own upper elcheon, No Street Speech is Required, so I suggest that the people who seem to be demanding them shut the hell up.

We are Mobsters, and in wars you Murder people. You don't have to come to the streets and tell every other mobster why you did, It's murder, not a fucking Democracy.

And as for those that demanded it and made speeches about the lack of information before even giving the Godfathers a chance to come and explain themselves (Even thought they did not have to), I suggest you join the WaitAndSee tribe.

Report Post Tip

Glock45, the reason I was quick to jump on this was because it was an ill written "article", in an futile attempt at a news paper. There was absolutely no content to any of it. Scandia's article wasn't an article, it was a complaint letter. I learned nothing about the news, I learned nothing what-so-ever, in fact I think my IQ dropped two points after reading it.

You state that "no one else is making an attempt to explain what the hell was going on these last couple of days". If this paper was released prior to Godmother Rourke's speech, it might have had some relevance however that doesn't forgive the fact that there was no content.

This is the last time I will be commenting, this paper has recieved more thought and effort in the responses than was put into writing it.

Report Post Tip

To address two points.

1. I put my name to that article and did not ever ask for it to be given without a name.

2. Article was submitted 30 hours before my dear editor decided to send it to print. Which meant it was absolutely obsolete considering it was supposed to be a daily paper.

I report what I see. I mainly write my articles more as a personal point of view than a general world 'this happened, this happened and then this happened'. It seems to be a style of writing that leaves you wandering down a tightrope but also brings about a great deal of response, debate and reaction. It is what mob papers have been used for since I started here. For people to analyse things that have happened, offer their own view points and how they would do it. But not, may I add, demanding for it to be done that way for I know that a Goombas opinion is worth, well, nothing compared to a Made Mans. Let alone and Godfathers. But an opinion is all it was.

Again, when the article was submitted, it was current. It was pretty much to the minute 24 hours after the war. Time was ticking by and many people were questioning what exactly had gone on. I saw it in the coffee shops mostly as there was nowhere else appropiate to comment.

As a part time journalist I thought I would write about what people were talking about. I had heard various bits and pieces uttered in the shops. Some were included in the article. Some not. I had also heard quite a few people totally unaware that NY had even had anything to do with the war and some who were convinced they were not. Hence the reference. 

Indeed the article may have been a bit 'extreme' but this world lives by the stories it tells. Without those we are all basically nothing but knuckle draggers who rob old ladies and shoot each other.

May I also add that the article was wrong.

SciptiaRourke enetered the streets, showed clear conviction in her thinking and reasoning and made in doing so made every word I wrote wrong. It made me look a fool. I am quite happy to admit that because she said everything I had said would not be said and it was really a pleasent surprise.

As for the comment "No-one has to explain anything to anyone" without speeches being made on issues that bring great numbers of deaths to the seven cities then this world would simply cease to function.

Relatives of a first generation bloodline would have returned to those shores completely unsure of what had happened, why it had happened and whos fault it was that their parent lay dead in the street. Some older heads may have been the same and simply given up themselves. You may say they are no loss but I am told that we should be making every effort to keep these people here.

Yes we live by certain codes and laws but they differ slightly from 'other' forms of mafia in the fact we have to talk between families. I do not think 'we' can stay silent on issues such as this in the world that we live in.

Without opinion or explanation this world is nothing in my humble opinion.

Report Post Tip

Alas you're going to make a liar of me Scandia as I simply can not resist.

You wrote the article 30 hours prior to release, or as you later say, 24 hours after the war. I'm some what of a mathmatical whiz kid, I even know my seven's by heart.

30 hours pre release would be 11:44 on the 18th of January. The last leader to die from the opposition was Don Battista, who died at 23:41, January 17th. By my calculation you wrote this article 12 hours and 3 minutes after the war's last leader fell. Perhaps I'm not factoring time differences?

Either way, I'd like to think that even if you were expecting something you did not deserve, like an explanation, you would have been more sympathetic to the Godfathers and Godmothers involved in the war. 12 hours or 24 hours after a war on such a scale is not a long time, Leaders need a bit more time to mourn their dead, attend funerals, re-organise their cities, select and announce new leaders, offer shelter to their homeless and perhaps sleep a little, I dare say it was a long day.

And for me, your approach was some what aggresive considering how unjustified your statements were, especially taking into account the time scales involved. And as we know, aggression begets aggression and so I shall go on the offensive.

I might be adding one and one and getting three, though I doubt it as we have already established, I know my sevens, you wrote "maybe they want that to remain a poorly kept secret, and are keeping quiet in the hope they can slink off unheard from." Are you implying that you think that Godfather Deimne would have been looking to "slink off unheard from" if he didn't explain his actions? Not only did he not have to explain his actions, I'm quite sure that "slinking off" is not a tactic that any Godfather or Godmother would opt for in such a situation. If they decided silence was required, that is because they don't want you to know, not because they are "slinking off".

You also state that as Leaders of the city, they do not have to explain themselves to us but "it would be nice". It would also be nice if they were to give us all foot massages, it would be nice if they gave us all $1,000,000, there are lots of "nice" things they could do however, being nice isn't an attribute I would associate with leaders of the criminal world.

But for me, the highlight was your closing gambit:

"Will we see any leader come out now? I doubt it. Why? because the time has passed. The reasons soon to be forgotten and it's just another war without conviction."

I would advise you seek a cloth to remove the egg on your face, it might be worth approaching one of the Godfathers or Godmothers and seeing if they will be nice enough to offer you one.

Wraith

Report Post Tip

I msut say that Wraith has beaten me to the punch on nearly every point I was going to make. I give my upmost respect for that Wraith.

Report Post Tip

must* Please excuse me, has been a long day of speaking.

Report Post Tip

Scandia I told you that the next issue wasn't due till yesterday, and you gave me that article to use. Don't pin a mistake on me, I admit i should've checked the article and the backround before i accepted it. That is my fault and i know it.

Report Post Tip

I must agree with Reaper here, if your Article had been posted later or not, it was still very Agressive and quite frankly disrespectful in a whole manner.

As Gomother Borgia has stated in a similar speech relating to Journalism, you cannot use a paper to put forward words that you wish to fly by with the Protection of "It's just a paper". Your obvious lack for caution leads me to believe that you think that Ordering an explination from a Gofather is just.

But not, may I add, demanding for it to be done that way for I know that a Goombas opinion is worth, well, nothing compared to a Made Mans. Let alone and Godfathers. But an opinion is all it was

Someone started it yet they have not explained why. Some people joined in half way through, maybe they want that to remain a poorly kept secret, and are keeping quiet in the hope they can slink off unheard from and some people sat out and I am sure would like to declare their stance.

That I see as a very poor way of asking nicely for an explination, even if you were not demanding it as it appeared to me at first.

Report Post Tip

Godmother* isntead of Gomother and Godfather* instead of Gofather.

Apparently I talk so fast, the words can come out missing a few letters.

Report Post Tip

Drexl in the em-effin' house!

Yo. All due respect n' shit, but if you gotta fill your paper with irrelevant drug prices that will be innaccurate 15 minutes from the time the paper is released, and a partial list of dead homeless gangsters just to have content for your paper, you probably shouldn't be publishing one at all, much less a daily one.

If you lookin to see how a paper should really look like, you should check out some old copies of retired Godmother Marietta's paper or my Godmother Lucretia's publication. And of course there's the discontinued mafia news formerly writen by my main-man Sweeney, which was my personal favorite. For real, man.

Drexl breaks out a box of Cuban cigars and begins handing them out to the mobsters on the corner

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Reaper Daily Issue 3
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL