Get Timers Now!
X

May 08 - 21:47:49
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Dispatches from the War - New World Order? Started by: TGFTB on Jan 20, '10 06:47

JESTER has listened enough of these arguments

so he walks out as quietly as he had entered

Report Post Tip

Are you totally nuts?!  I didn't at any time imply she was despotic, a tyrant, a sadist, a control freak or even a bad leader - re-read and try to address the points raised.  If you can't understand them, read a book!  Jeezus.... (he was probably a tyrant too??)

Report Post Tip

It does seem to be a touchy topic for him TGFTB.

Report Post Tip

TGFTB
When writing a speech like this, you must be ready to defend yourself, your clearly not, perhaps you should go and read a book? I heard "The Logic of Speaking" is a good one.

Report Post Tip

Are you totally nuts?! I didn't at any time imply she was despotic, a tyrant, a sadist, a control freak or even a bad leader - re-read and try to address the points raised. If you can't understand them, read a book! Jeezus.... (he was probably a tyrant too??)
Reply by: TGFTB at Jan 20, '10 12:01

I'm sorry, but why is this a discussion if you don't see some problem with the way things are? I am merely telling you that it isn't the way you seem to be seeing it.

It does seem to be a touchy topic for him TGFTB.
Reply by: The-Reaper at Jan 20, '10 12:04

Actually, I'm just trying to correct what seems to be a very poorly informed Mafioso, on facts that he assumes he knows.

Assumptions are the Mother of all Fuck-ups. And if you were trying to disguise this speech as anything other than accusing Scipita of being a Tyrant, you have failed.

Report Post Tip

Man with no name - I think it's clear that you are a mafia troll withoput a clear or consice point to make so instead accuse me of accusing someone else of being someone else and then try to dicert the discussion to what is or isn't a tyrant.

*Reaches into pockeet*

Here's a sweet - go and play and let the big boys talk..

On second thoughts!

maybe answer where you got this information from?

To: TGFTB
Sent: Jan 20, '10 12:17
Subject:

It isn't the truth?

You must have no contacts, or the ones you do have are not very important ones, as Deimne is by far the most powerful godfather of this time.

He has shot Butt_Ox, Premier, Sherlock, Gauis, Auoura, BoabyWanKenobi and Rhurc. He doesnt answer to Scipita.

Report Post Tip

Deah oh dear Mr ______ ....
I think someone needs a lesson in discrestion..

Report Post Tip

"I described her as Boss of Bosses"

Meaning she "Controls" the other Godfathers? Meaning she would be a Tyrant.

I'd like to quickly address this and say that the definition of a tyrant is not someone who controls the other godfathers. A tyrant is defined as someone who runs a cruel and oppressive dictatorship, if you look it up in a dictionary. Not someone who controls things. That would mean that currently, the American President is a tyrant because he pulls the strings on most things because he is arguably the most powerful man the world. Is that so? I doubt it.

That is the only thing I can support TGFTB with though, everything else is unfounded drivel that does not deserve a response, and I commend Hoopi for having the patience to tear it down. I haven't got the same patience, so I will just shake my head disdainfully and hope that you will back some of your accusations and assumptions with some sort of fact.

Report Post Tip

I apologise if I thought it was public knowledge, and Is far froma secret as Deimne has already stated his involvment in the wars mentioned.

As you appeared to be so well informed on Philly's absoulete control of the world.

Report Post Tip

I would agree with Strangulation, perhaps the sending of that mail was ill-advised. I agree that Scipita is not in control of everyone though. At the moment, the cities are existing peacefully, working with each other. We all exist as separate entities, but with common goals.

The fact you could insinuate that PoisonousJelly is answering completely to Scipita is disgusting, while they are great friends they both control their cities how they will, INDIVIDUALLY.

I see what you mean, Scipita could wipe us all out, because everyone suffered from the war, with varying degrees of death. However, I do not believe she would move to crush us all, because she is not a tyrant, and she has good relations with every other city.

Are you saying also that Marietta staved war off for so long because she controlled other cities? Of course not, she was simply a very nice, approachable person that was good at negotiation, leading to wide-spread peace. Scipita is like Marieeta in this aspect, she is very approachable, friendly and, above all, she has the best interests of most mafiosos at heart.

Albert, xxx

Report Post Tip

Many thanks for the sensible response Albert - P-Jelly would basically side with Scipita on whatever she does - it's in his interests to.  At the moment, all roads lead to Philly - Philly controls/influences, calls the shots - whatever you want to call it the overwhelming majority of what goes on.

Can we please stay away from the word Tyrant?  Doesn't help us!

I said nothing about marietta - I said that Scipita essentially embarked on a war of aggression too consilidate her power and influence, and, of course, money.

Report Post Tip

As woudl any other. However, since Scipita has shown she is one of the best at caring for others, she is the one most deserving of controlling all. There will always be one that is better than the rest, I for one am glad we can have someone as good as Scipita in that position.

Philly does not control everything. Any city siding with Philly in a war was because we had good relations with them, it was not because of Scipita telling anyone to. I think it has been proved she does not call all the shots, there are those who resisted. They were crushed, quite violently. I saw the horrors of that war, many of my friends from Detroit died.

I am happy in the knowledge that we won, and Detroit helped contribute to that. Pedro led us into war, and it was his and, indeed, other Crew Leader's decisions that led us there, it was not Scipita ordering us. We helped Scipita because of relations, as did the other cities.

Albert, xxx

Report Post Tip

yes, but Sciptia decided to go to war - some did stand up to her - but what option did they have?  What she does with the power is to an extent irrelevenat - it is whether that much power in one person is a good thing

Report Post Tip

Philly are being unusualy quiet in this...

Report Post Tip

Philly are being attacked for no good reason. I mean no offence to Godmother Scipita, but she does not control all of the shots in this thing of ours. She has wide influence, yes, but so does every Godfather/mother. It is necessary for them to reach the post in the first place.

It was not just Scipita deciding to go to war, if she had not already known she had backing then that would have been foolish, she knew others would stand with her, through friendship.

I believe that power has been accentuated far beyond what it actually is, that is what you have done. Scipita does not wield complete power. Needs must and I must go, I hope to rejoin this debate later when I have returned.

Albert, xxx

Report Post Tip

You need to be a good signal caller to call the shots. Good thing I'm the #1 Quarterback around these parts.

*Philip sends Antonio Gates in motion from the right side to the left side*

Report Post Tip

You realise of course that the real power now resides in St. Louis....

Report Post Tip

I concur with HairyBaby that all power lies in St. Louis. Any city that played host to a crew like The Burger Kings will be forever the seat of power in this thing of ours.

Report Post Tip

Strange. If someone were to "accuse" me of being an all-powerful capo di tutti capi, I don't think I would resist the label. I certainly wouldn't be offended at the suggestion; I would be flattered that someone thought so highly of my diplomatic skills and the strength of my organization. I don't see why people are saying the fellow whose name has no vowels is "insulting" Philadelphia with his suggestion.

But for the record, TGFTB, I assure you that your Godfather calls all the shots in her city, quite without input from other sources. Even the wonderful city of Philadelphia.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Dispatches from the War - New World Order?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL