Get Timers Now!
X

May 08 - 03:48:30
Page:  1 
The Reaper Daily Issue 4 final fixed edition Started by: The-Reaper on Jan 20, '10 18:05

The-Reaper Daily
Owned and Operated by The-Reaper.

The-Reaper Apologizes for last issue.
By:The-Reaper.

"Yesterday after noon my last issue featuring scandia's article that seemed to have touched some nerves, And i apologize for that."
To see the rest of the apology go to:The-Reaper's appology.

TGFTB Asks The Streets About Journalists.
By:The-Reaper.

TGFTB poses his own question about journalists in the streets, and recieves lots of answers of people who are very high ranked as well as those not so high ranked. Here is a piece of TGFTB's question:
"The Role of the Journalist in this thing of ours: What should it be?

I think that they should be exempt from protection at all times - with the blessings of the powers that be."

For the rest of his question visit The Streets.

Recent Deaths:

_Sean_Longhi None Gangster Dead Jan 13, '10 15:38 Jan 20, '10 15:39
EricGould None Gangster Dead Jan 13, '10 15:32 Jan 20, '10 15:33
swaziboy8 None Gangster Dead Jan 13, '10 11:31 Jan 20, '10 15:31
DonnieDonowitz Mux Thug Dead Jan 20, '10 00:04 Jan 20, '10 15:17
Frank_Costello Quirinus Capo Dead Dec 06, '09 00:20 Jan 20, '10 14:43
-JerryGonzales None Gangster Dead Jan 13, '10 12:18 Jan 20, '10 14:25

for the rest of todays deaths go to the obituaries page at:The Obits.

New Orleans Drug prices
Submited by:The-Reaper.
[NO] Marijuana $235
[NO] Mushrooms $83
[NO] Hashish $365
[NO] Opium $828
[NO] Amphetamines $673
[NO] Grain Alcohol $1,124
[NO] Morphine $837
[NO] Barbiturates$5,470
[NO] Heroin $8,579
[NO] Cocaine $7,758
Disclaimer: The drug prices were collected at the time of writing, not posting. Prices may differ at time of posting or even reading, Reaper-Daily does not assume responsibility for any loss of funds or time that occur to the reader who acts upon these prices.

Advertisements/Classifieds
No business advertisements have been taken out.

Reaper daily is still looking for more writers and editorial staff, send any advertisment you wish to be posted as well as resumè's to: The-Reaper.

Report Post Tip

I applaud your persistence.

Report Post Tip

Although I think it is admirable that you are trying to produce a dialy paper for us, I must say that this is somewhat lacking in substance.

Please do not take this as an insult but do you think it might be a little over zealous doing a daily paper?  Perhaps you would be better served making it a weekly offering thus giving yourself more to write about than simply reciprocating obituries, drug prices and what other people have been saying on the streets?  If you were to make it into weekly dose of goings on you would give yourself ample time to produce some proper reports and would probably also catch the interest of budding writers out there.  At the moment we have 2 papers, Lucretia's, and your own; as things stand yours is cutting a lonely shadow when compared to the latter.

While your dedication is admirable I can only see people dismissing you as a bit of a joker if you continue in this vain and although your street presence is good, in fact a lot better than some high rankers I see floating around it will be a dismissed presence if things continue as they are.

But who am I to talk, I am just a lowly Goomba going about my day to day, just offering a bit of friendly advice.

Report Post Tip

Thank you for the insight Mr.Vitti, and I realize that this paper fails in comparison to Ms.Borgia and that this isn't the best of composed or that it doesn't give me much time to fill, but as i say in almost every paper that i would like to hire on more writers and thus giving me more i can write about. and i realize that this isnt going to be read by all, but as i prefer if someone reads it and benefits in some way, then i have done what i set out to do. and if you read my last paper where some big contraversy took over about scandia's article I had tried to ask if i should change the papers release date, and the few people who did mail me said i should continue with it daily.

but as i said, I always appreciate crtisism Mr.Vitti and i respect you for saying this when you obviously didn't have to.

Report Post Tip

Eddie Torres reads The Reaper then sits down to fire off a letter to the editor.

Mister The-Reaper,

I had hoped for a last minute update to your recent edition considering the stature of the most recently fallen Don. Thinking of his demise I realized I might have stumbled upon a decent idea for you. Instead of pointing out the obits and other redundant information, perhaps you could expound on recent deaths that matter. For instance, above you point out the untimely demise of one Frank_Costello. This was no mere gangster, this was a Capo. The comments overheard at the funeral beg for a deeper understanding. By focusing in on the one death that matters every so often you might have a decent read. What better name than The Reaper Daily? Of course, breaking Omerta would be hazardous but a person with the right skills could pull this off. Perhaps that is you.

Eddie Torres

Report Post Tip

Okay mr.Torres I see how you are upset at that fact that i didn't pay respect to a high ranking member, And I just recently planned to do so in tomorrows issue, if you would like i suppose i could move every thing aside and create a story for every person high ranked with detail, now I personaly consider myself a fair writer when i get into it, but when i have a narrow time slot to do something i don't get as creative or detailed, and with only few people offering their selfs to be writers and most of whom are not even high ranked so i must now make sure another scandia contraversy happens I can't seem to let them write any major storys that might hit a nerve. so I am sorry that i missed the point of a high ranked member who was killed and not suicided. to that Mr.Torres I apologize.

Report Post Tip

As an ex-writer of a newspaper, you need to able to get info, and a daily paper...is boring. I'm sorry, but having a daily paper is small and unimpressive! Also, you need to stand out, show you know what is going on. You are not doing that. And
also, with a weekly paper, if something BIG happened, like that war,
then you can have a week to find out everything about it and give us,
the readers, a full report. A daily paper is weak and too short.

If a paper doesn't give the readers some facts that they are hungry for, and can't get good reviews, then it might as well be wacked. (Pun was intended)

I hope for you that you can pull this around and do greatly in this paper, so good luck.

Report Post Tip

Perhaps maybe a sit down talk with a godfather or don every now and again just to let everyone get to know the bosses may help bring some life to your paper...While I read it I could have just went to the obits or just checked my fam's drug prices....Need to put a little more thought into doing interviews and let people speak for themselves...After all the title of your rag isn't "The National Enquirer".....Is It?

Report Post Tip

Most appreciative once again Mr. Reaper.

Perhaps as this work evolves we will see some sort of "the babe of the week"

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Reaper Daily Issue 4 final fixed edition
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL