Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 19:33:13
Page:  1 
Reaper daily Issue 5 Started by: The-Reaper on Jan 21, '10 17:44

Gabriel Mancini gunned down.
By: href="http://mafiareturns.com/news/uprofile.php?id=82077" class="teq">The-Reaper.

Gabriel Mancini was gunned down yesterday at 16:15 hours on the New York streets. Don Mancini was the Crew Leader of The Mancini Enterprise, A subsidiary of The New York Jungle. 25+ people attended his funeral precession. All to pay respects to Don Mancini, here are some quotes of the attendees.

*no names provided to protect their Identities.*

"Truly gutted to see you here my friend. I was looking forward to working with you and this happens.

It was brilliant to see you get your chance and I know you would have been a terrific leader, tis a shame you have not had the chance to prove that."

"RIP old friend.. a tough week for us all."

"The event that has brought this unfortunate event is just as unfortunate itself. I was extremely excited to see you get your chance and am truly upset that I won't get to see it.

May you rest in peace Gabriel."

Many more had similar comments at his funeral, may he rest in peace.

href=""class="developer">Daily Jokes
By: href="http://mafiareturns.com/news/uprofile.php?id=87120"class="mike">Tommy_Carroll

A blonde was swerving all over the road and driving very badly, so she got pulled over by a cop. The cop walked up to her window and asked, "Miss, why are you driving so recklessly?"

The blonde said, "I'm sorry sir, but wherever I go, there's always a tree in front of me and I can't seem to get away from it!"

The cop looked at her and said, "Lady, that's your air freshener!"
WACK! Reply Reply by: The-Reaper at Jan 21, '10 16:41

Vote of the day
every issue will feature a vote and the results from the last vote, submit your vote to href="http://mafiareturns.com/news/uprofile.php?id=82077" class="teq">The-Reaper.

Today's vote: Favorite City Godfather/Mother

A.Iota (Chicago)
B.PedroRourke (Detroit)
C.Lucretia_Borgia (Las Vegas)
D.Kates (New Orleans)
E.Deimne (New York)
F.ScipitaRourke (Philadelphia)

One vote per person, think carefully about your vote, first one is taken. Sorry Godfather and Mothers but this vote is solely for the crewmembers.

Report Post Tip

Well the code may not have worked but the links still do, this should work. Have fun all.

Report Post Tip

I admire your Persistence to this paper, but yet again you have gotten your facts wrong.

Don Mancini died in a freak Gun Malfunction accident.

Report Post Tip

Tommy picks up the daily paper and goes to the group huddled around the stack

Yeah, I hate to say this in a disrespectful way but the gun blew up in his face.

Report Post Tip

Other than your coding the paper is fine. I do like your persistence you have shown. It looks like to me you take your criticism that you receive and improve on it. Very nice work Reaper and I will be looking for your next paper.

Report Post Tip

You have 1 article, with incorrect facts, a jokes section, which I take serious offense to, and a vote, which everyone with a brain will vote for their own City Head. (Although Lucretia is pretty awesome.)

I offered my assistance with this paper, and it seems you'd prefer having issue after issue, where you need to immediately tell everyone about printing errors. Like _______ (The Great Pause?) said, I admire your persistence as well. I just think perhaps you should seek help from someone with a bit more experience.

Report Post Tip

I applaud your persistence.

Report Post Tip

I do not applaud your persistence. I loath your ignorance. You advised that you would prove read the articles, as far as I can see, there is only one article in this paper and it's wrong. I don't mean to sound rude but I think perhaps a more direct approach is in order.

Your newspaper is bad, it is poorly written, factually inaccurate and annoyingly frequent.

I'm not saying stop, I'm saying think about it, before going to print, ask yourself if people will enjoy reading your paper. Is there any NEWS in there? Getting help might also be an option.

I appreciate that this level of honesty will piss some people off so have taken the liberty to articulate their thoughts so they don't have to:

"Shut up, at least he's trying."

"It's not that bad actually, I enjoyed it."

"Don't be so rude, it's not an easy thing to do."

"It just needs a bit of fine tuning, I don't see you writing a paper."

Wraith

Report Post Tip

I hate to say it but I do agree with you Wraith.

Reaper, don't give up on it I would really like to see more issues come from you so I may read them while I have my breakfast. If you wish for my advice I'd say that before you release a news story that you do a bit of background research to make sure your stories are 100% or as near as anyone can get to the truth.

Also you might want to wait a while until there are a few news stories, so that your issues aren't thin on news.

But keep at it mate!

Report Post Tip

I come here for the obits and drug prices, but they have vanished.

Not sure if I'll be back tomorrow.

Report Post Tip

Anyone know what time it is? Oh yeah... it's Drexl time!

I gots to admit this paper is beginning to grow on me. I don't know why, but I can't stop reading it. I'm hooked.

I especially like how he left the names out of the attendees at Don Mancini's funeral to protect their idenitites. Now that's Omerta, daddy.

Report Post Tip

Blagger picks up what he considers to be the Mafia's answer to The Weekly World news and settles down for another entertaining read.

I love this Paper, its by far the best around.

Report Post Tip

I LIKE, this paper but yes as everyone else said (almost everyone else) it does need a little improvement. I like the idea of it Reaper but I'm telling you please just get a couple of reporters and a profof reader and that should make this paper go from ok to great.

Might I also add that the reportrs should be from different families to prevent it from becomming one sided. Again interesting paper Reaper keep it up and keep the consistancy.

Report Post Tip

Damn it...I spelled proof wrong.

Report Post Tip

JESTER picks up the paper......................as it seems its the only one available on the stacks

and moves in the corner

Report Post Tip

Jewish_Jake goes to newstand get a copy of Reaper daily.....

Dang some must have bought last one...

Report Post Tip

Heh, at least this guy is trying. More that most can say that have given their 2 cents here. How about a little more constructive criticism, and a bit less insulting.

Remember, the New York Post is no longer running. The Reaper Daily is now the choice of the 8 cities. Someone could take the time to help this fellow out and improve upon this, or your all stuck with it.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Reaper daily Issue 5
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL