X

May 19 - 19:06:11
Page:  1 
Reaper Daily Issue 7 Started by: The-Reaper on Jan 23, '10 13:34

Reaper Daily
Owned and operated by:The-Reaper.

Paul_Vidi's death.
By:Tommy_Carroll.

The city of Philly has suffered a devastating blow.

The well loved leader of the prestigious Wolf Pack has suffered a wackback and has tragically died, but was was even more tragic was the fact that Paul had just been given auth to become Godfather of St.Louis.

As for Paul's members, they are being protected by Godmother ScipitaRourke and the city of Philadelphia.

Some quotes from the funeral, but as always they will remain anonymous:

I'm going to miss working with you. Truly, a loss we have suffered today.
Rest in peace alpha wolf, I will miss working within the pack...
A great leader and a great loss, RIP

It is also believed that Paul's son attended the funeral and has officially been entered into Cosa Nostre.

ScipitaRourke talks of Paul_Vidi's death.
By:The-Reaper.

Only a few Hours after Paul_Vidi's death Godmother Rourke talked about Mr.Vidi's death in the streets. Here is part of her great yet sad, speech:

"Paul_Vidi not just a don...

Last night the most terrible thing happend, whilest I was taking my after dinner nap the phone rudely awakened me.
The message was short, yet alarming. Paul_Vidi died. Wackback assumed... *click* the other person had hang up the phone.

WHAT THE FUCK, this can not be fucking happening right now. Fuck fuck fuck.

As fast as I could I gathered with my other bosses Q and V for a plan.
Paul_Vidi had left a hell of a lot of members for us to find new homes to, quickly the other cities were alerted of the happenings and V and Q got to work..."
Mr.Vidi was obviously a very well liked Don and must have touched many peoples lives. In this writers opinion Mr.Vidi was a great person, and I hope his son carries on his legacy.

For the rest of Godmother Rourke's speech visit the The Streets.

Daily Joke
By:Tommy_Carroll.
A boy from France comes to America. He wants to learn some new words so he goes to the airport and learns "take off." Then he learnes "zebra" from the zoo and "baby" from the hospital. Then he goes home and says, ''Mommy, I learned new words today.'' She says, "Great, honey what did you learn?" He says, ''Takeoffzebrababy!'

Interview With Mr.V

Mr.V how long have you been active in the criminal world?

<-V->My bloodline has been around these parts for quite a long time, around 6 years I believe. However there has never been a constant stream of my ancestors here - Not all of them were cut out for this life, and quite enjoyed leading a law abiding life, I however was not like them and came to these shores with nothing but the clothes on my back and all the ambition I could ever hope for.

In a rough guess how many family members were entered into the Crime syndicates?

<-V->
A rough guess? I honestly couldn't tell you - My ancestors didn't keep many records.

I know it has been a lot - my family like to breed it would seem.

Well everyone needs a hobby.

Have you ever thought that you would become a Don of a crew?

<-V->My ancestors never really had much interest in being the head of a family, and were quite happy being a part of a family and just making a lot of friends within the family.

My father (Vehellione) was the first of my ancestors to become the head of a family, and he was one of the first to leave behind accurate records of his life and adventures. He would always tell me how he enjoyed it in the letters he sent me from New York. When I heard that my father had died only days after becoming a leader, it almost destroyed me. It took me quite a while to get over his death, and when I did I decided that I wanted to taste the life that my father had described so vividly. I spoke with my family in Sicily and told them of my plans - of course they didn't approve. So I flew to America at the first opportunity where I was introduced to ScipitaRourke, who gave me a home. It was there I made friends with a good man called Pip, who Scipita had given authorisation to start his own family. He made me his Right-Hand man.. eventually when the time arose he made me his captain, and the rest as they say, is history.

But honestly, I never expected to be where I am today.

Well aparently you have done a great job in your position.
And obviously you are well liked.
If you were given the chance would you change anything in your past?

<-V->I can honestly say straight away that I would not. My ancestors choices, words, friends - everything about them has shaped the person that I am today. I am not the kind of person that has regrets - I feel that they only waste time, as it is physically impossible to change that which has already come to pass.

Okay, here is my last question.

After all this time, what was the most memorable thing that you have seen in your life here?

<-V->Hmmm.. the most memorable thing.

Well my ancestors didn't keep many records as I said... One of the most vivid accounts left to me was the rise of the very first Godmother, Anita. My great-great-great etc grandfather was involved in the war that happened beforehand. I believe my ancestor played quite a role in that actually - he left detailed records. His father before him had recently died and he had ranked to goomba just before war broke out. He was ordered to take a protection shot at Legacy, which he messed up and accidently killed her. I think that was probably the biggest event in my ancestor's lives that I have records of.

In my own personal life, the day when I became a Boss of Philly was definitely the most memorable.

Well thank you for your time Mr.V

<-V->You are, of course, welcome Mr Reaper.

Daily Game
ByThe-Reaper.

If a person who reads this article sends me the answer to the riddles, or something under this section and the winner who sends the answer first will get a prize, each prize will vary on the game.

Todays Reward: $250,000
A man was to be sentenced, and the judge told him, "You may make a statement. If it is true, I'll sentence you to four years in prison. If it is false, I'll sentence you to six years in prison." After the man made his statement, the judge decided to let him go free. What did the man say?

New Orleans Jail
Sorry Looks like its empty.
Daily Drugs
[NO] Marijuana - $9 -
[NO] Mushrooms - $88 -
[NO] Hashish - $344 -
[NO] Opium - $623 -
[NO] Amphetamines - $1,079 -
[NO] Grain Alcohol - $1,226 -
[NO] Morphine - $1,376 -
[NO] Barbiturates - $2,647 -
[NO] Heroin - $7,296 -
[NO] Cocaine - $8,005

Report Post Tip

I always look forward to Reaper Daily.

With regards to your riddle, the man says "You will sentence me to six years in prison".

Report Post Tip

Once again, another fascinating read Reaper.

Thank you for providing this service.

Report Post Tip

A better attempt than previous issues.

I like the fact that you are adding more articles, but perhaps you should cover a wider range of News via including the new Don that has recently appeared known as Tyler_Durden.

I still believe you should drop the Jail/Drugs lists as they become obselete after a mere 15 minutes or so. Other than that, it is a well constructed Paper. I hope to see an even better version tomorrow (Or possibly Next week if you decided to change it to a weekly paper.)

Report Post Tip

I can't help but to echo the sentiments already stated by Godmother Kates.

This is fast becoming one of the finest publications here on the streets.

While I was disappointed that the jails were empty at the time of publication, I applaud your effort in attempting to still bring us this information.

I'm still hoping you consider bringing back the Obits section, which was one of the reasons I started reading Reaper Daily in the first place.

Report Post Tip

A young paper always suffers setbacks and growing pains! But with each passing issue, the editor will become more and more familiar with the proper ways of the newspaper game and make the paper better.

Report Post Tip

Q_Legacy picks up a newspaper from Reaper with the exchange of a few coins

I agree that this is becoming an interesting read, Reaper.  Thanks for supplying us with this paper.  Good idea to have a riddle, I need the occasional thing to keep my mind going. 

Report Post Tip

Due to some conflicts in the distributors agenda Reaper Daily won't be able to make a post tomorrow evening. But will be back on the streets on Monday. Featuring a new vote and Riddle and if some one wishes to apply, New writers and a longer article supply.

Report Post Tip

So... when do I get paid?

I am a destitute mother. Mouths to feed. etc. etc.

Report Post Tip

Sneakyrat gives the paper boy a generous 50 cents for the reaper daily...

Hmmm... let's see... news from philly, interview with -V-... more drug tips. Very interesting indead. Thankyou Don -V- for this very interesting interview and a glimpse of how you got your position and you thoughs about the past. Very interesting indeed. Great paper Reaper... keep it up!

-Sneak!

Report Post Tip

Sneakyrat slaps himself in the face...

My deepest apologies to Tommy_Carroll... congratulations goes to you for this great work. After re-checking the paper, i just noticed Reaper's got a co-writer. Again congratulations Tommy... well done!

Report Post Tip

Thank you all for the complements and to Ms.Kates actualy you were not the first to send me the answer and I didn't want the answer replied only mailed to me. But you were right, and there will be another riddle Monday for you to answer.

Report Post Tip

"sends me the answer to the riddles, or something under this section"

Clearly that does not mean commenting in the streets. How silly, Godmother Kates must be to have inferred it.

Well done Reaper.

Report Post Tip

Blagger rushes out to get his copy of Reaper Daily, finally glad that others are starting to see the unadulterated charm prooffered by this daily perodical.

Report Post Tip

If a person who reads this article sends me the answer to the riddles, or something under this section and the winner who sends the answer first will get a prize, each prize will vary on the game.

That clearly states that replying to your paper here in the streets is an option for submission, no?

Report Post Tip

Sorry i miswrote that, I meant it as If you respond your answer to a riddle or other game type thing I figured people would get that, and I am sorry for the Misunderstanding.

Report Post Tip

I knew what you meant Reaper.

Blagger smiles, folds up his paper and marches off towards the HQ.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Reaper Daily Issue 7
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL