Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 20:35:36
Page:  1 
Rise to Redemption Started by: Torin on Jan 24, '10 12:42

Torin had a history behind him, none of it good.

When TBK was pregnant, she didn't know it would be twins. TBK went to the hospital one night in Detroit, and two babies were born. She named one after the father, and the other Torin. She knew if she kept both of them, both would enter the life of a mobster. She didn't want that for one of them, so she picked Torin to leave their family and live a peaceful life.

TBK had Torin adopted by a family in Detroit, a small one. Torin learned to love his new parents. What TBK didn't know, is that they were really poor and wanted the welfare money for having a child. Torin wasn't loved, he was a tool to give the couple a better life. As he grew up, the less support he got from his foster parents. By the age of 10, he had a job and was able to take care of himself. He still attended school, the only thing the parents pushed him to do. He wasn't socially accepted at school, kids picked on him for being the outcast kid. He never had parties, never attended one either. Never talked much, and he hated everyone there. He often got in fights with some of the bigger kids. He would come home with a cut on his lip and a black eye, and the parents wouldn't care. This carried on until high school, where things turned for worst.

Another bully, another fight Torin thought. It was in the hallway, students formed a circle around him and his challenger. The bully was a junior, by the name of Jordan. Torin only a freshman. They raised their fists in a fighting stanced and stared to circle. Torin stepped in close, took two left gabs at the junior's face. Jordan threw his arms up to cover his face, as Torin side steps and lands a crushing right hook into his temple. Jordan stumbled back, dizzy from the blow. Torin stepped in closer, as the crowd cheered him on. He landed blow after blow, hit after hit, into Jordan's face. Hooks, jabs, uppercuts, everything. Jordan was on the ropes, so to speak. Torin could hear the teachers coming, he couldn't get caught again or he'll be kicked out of the school. He turned and started to walk away. Jordan, his face a bloody mess of blood and bruises, took out a switchblade. The crowd changes their tone, and Torin quickly turned around to see Jordan clicking the blade into place and charging after him. Torin sunk to the ground, and launched Jordan over his head. By now teachers were trying to clear the students to stop the fight. Jordan got up again, and charged Torin again. He jabs with his blade, cutting Torin's left arm. Grunting in pain, he side steps to his right, grabs Jordan's wrist with the switchblade, and snapped it. Jordan drops the blade and howls in agony. Torin saw the chance to finish the fight, once and for all. He snatched the weapon, and grabbed Jordan by the collar. His eyes are wide in fear, he shouts at Torin to stop, but Torin doesn't hear him. He looks right into Jordan's eyes as the switchblade enters his heart. He sees the eyes start to roll back, the body starting to fall to the ground. Torin releases his grip, and Jordan fell like a rock. Blood covered the knife, and fell to the ground. The students and teachers watched in shock. Torin just killed the 17 year old kid.

Torin was sent to jail after police arrived at the school. He was charged with the murder with deadly force. He sat in jail, looking at his wallet. He had a few dollars, his driver's license, and a picture of himself when he was a baby. Taking it out, he looked it over. He never really examined it carefully, his foster parents told him he was adopted a long time ago and this was the baby picture his mom gave him. He stared at the baby's face, and wondered why his mother didn't love him. Why would she dump him off with the slops he had now? He was just about to tear the picture into half when he saw something that caught his eye. In the back ground, there were numbers. He looked closely, there were 10 numbers, all in a row. A phone number?

His cell door opened, Torin jumped and put the picture back into his wallet and closed it up. A police officer waved for him to follow. "You get one call", he said. Torin knew his foster parents wouldn't bail him out, his only hope was this new number. The officer led him to the phone, and Torin quickly put in the number. After what seemed forever of ringing, someone picks up.

"Hello?" A soft, woman's tone answers. Torin heart beat went through the roof. He just had to ask the question.

"Mother?"

The next minute went by to fast to recount. They both shouted in joy, asking 100 questions at once, until they both ran out of breath. Torin managed to get his story out.

"I'm in the Detroit jail, can you get me out?"

TBK answered, "I'll be there at once."

Hours later, TBK walked to his cell with the officer. He unlocked the door, and the two embraced in a hug. They both quickly signed papers, TBK slipped in a bribe or two, and they both walked out of the jail, free. Torin told her mother everything on the drive back home. How his parents were horrible, how he worked at an early age, and how he got into countless fights, and the one that ended up with him in jail. TBK exchanged her story, why she did it, what she did has a living, and what has happened. His father and brother died in a car crash which had them both running into a massive truck. TBK looked over to Torin, and she said in a serious tone.

"I think it is time you became a part of what I do."

It didn't seem a long time, but they reached The Regime's HQ. Apollonia was already outside, waiting on the two. TBK nodded, and pushed Torin to greet Apollonia. He bowed his head and respect.

"Pleasure to meet you miss. What can I do for the family?"

Report Post Tip

A very wonderful story, I liked how you described the fight. Very original it was like a movie in my head. :)

Welcome to this thing of ours McKnighter's son!

Report Post Tip

Accually its zaros magyk's son.

TBK stood next to her son in a state of mild shock and heavy worry. This was almost what she was waiting and hoping for. A phone call to bust her son out of jail and whisk him away to join her in the life she loved. Not every parent's dream but it fit her lifestyle so she went with it.

For some reason worry still wondered through her thoughts. Most of it directed to the high death rate this life had, the rest to the all the funerals he would have to attend.
She took a close look at this stranger. He was her kid that was for sure. He had her eyes and her habit of talking with hands always moving. But he was more his father's son with everything else being a mirror image.

In the hours it took for her to get over to the jail and bribe everyone there was one question that had her mind going in circles.

"Torin, are you aware that you had a twin?" She asked with a relaxed voice.

Report Post Tip

Torin turned to face his mother. She had already told him about the twin, she must have gotten lost during the conversation they had while driving. He caught up on that trait his mother had. She was a forgetful person, and he would have to remind himself to make sure she knows what's going on all the time.

"Yes, you told me while we were in the car. I don't know much about him, how was he like?"

Report Post Tip

"He was just like me only super clumsy and forgetfull. I was always pulling him up off the ground after he tripped over rugs and shoelaces. I dont know where he got that from. He also had my gunman abilities and shot more holes in more roofs then even I could. His poor father, rest his soul, had to hire a full time roof repairman." TBK said in one breath as she picked a lint off of her jacket. She threw the lint into the air and and it blew away. She then messed up Torin's hair and reached down to tie her shoe.

Report Post Tip

Torin glad god that he didn't pick up his mother's traits. As TBK ruffles his hair, Torin really hoped his father was really a good earner for his new family. Otherwise, it'll be a short life for him.

"What about my father, was he good?"

Report Post Tip

"Son, your father was ok. Not the best but no where near the worst. I liked him somewhat although he was the quiet type and that bugged me." TBK said watching a fly cross the room. She remembered at that moment that she had a surprise for him. "Son in the upstairs closet is your very own puppy, I got it in case you ever came back to live with me."

Report Post Tip

Torin was a bit confused with the explanation, and hope that he turned out alright. When TBK said she had a puppy for him, he laughed.

"I suggest you don't give me any pets. I lost more of them than I bought, or found. Pets and I just don't work together. Had a pack of dogs once, one day they ran off. Couple weeks later I found them in an alley. They didn't take to kind of me coming near them."

Report Post Tip

"Well then, I'll be keeping the puppy, I just hope I can find him behind the shoes. I havent seen him in years." TBK happily said as she pats him on the head.

"Hmm, I bet I can get you a room in the headquarters with a view, the guy who arranges sleeping quarters owes me a favor after his last poker game went south."

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Rise to Redemption
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL