Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 17:54:14
Page:  1 
Newspaper: Closed Started by: Lucretia_Borgia on Jan 24, '10 20:11

So, I got to about three quarters of the way through writing my newspaper today (it would have been posted under the name "The Sin City Sentinel," for the curious -- yeah, I liked the name too -- and it was not going to be bunnies and rainbows this time either), and saw one of my writers dishonorably discharged. I'll not get into specifics about it, but suffice it to say, I personally find the reason totally unjustified and a direct contradiction of prior administrative statements. I had been under the impression that my publication was now on the level and I could keep it up as long as lines were not crossed again. Apparently this was not the case.

So I stopped.

Not worth it. I like to think it was a good run while it lasted, and I hope you folks enjoyed it. No, this is not a spur of the moment decision, and no you will not change my mind. I've spent the last few hours pondering it. I am not willing to spend 10+ hours every week to assemble a quality product under a shifting regulatory regime where one week's truth is another week's untruth. This newspaper is closed. Read the Reaper Daily if you still need the news for all I care.

Sincerely disappointed,
Lucretia

Report Post Tip

I won't try to change your mind, what I will say, as I already have said, is that it was the only paper worth it's salt and as such, a great loss to MR.

Shame, real shame.

Report Post Tip

By far the finest publication to hit our streets since I joined this thing of ours. I'm sincere in saying that I shall truly miss reading your fine paper.

Report Post Tip

I've no idea of the circumstances, but it sounds far from ideal. It's saddening to see the paper succumb.

Lucretia, you did a brilliant job and as others have said, it was the only one worth reading. Your efforts were always appreciated.

Report Post Tip

Yours was the best paper around by a long long way, I fully understand your reasons for pulling it from the shelves, and I applaud them.

Report Post Tip

If I was putting so much effort into the community to produce what, in my opinion, was the finest ever newspaper on this site or .org, I'd probably have taken the same decision.

From a purely selfish point of view, the paper was one of the highlights of the week so will be sadly missed by this player.

Report Post Tip

As someone who consistently devoted multiple hours a day to the streets, I can completely understand your decision.

Report Post Tip

Sometimes you can move forward because you keep shooting yourself in the foot.

Report Post Tip

Sorry to hear that.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Newspaper: Closed
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL