Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 22:05:00
Page:  1 
The St. Louis Partnership-Changes in Business Started by: Quirinus on Jan 24, '10 21:18

I am first and foremost a business man and as such, I get rid down to the business at hand right quick and succinctly. First and foremost, with the changes come a renaming of my organization. The St. Louis Partnership is ready to discuss business.

Pickpocketing-Rank is all in this Thing of Ours. Therefore, a higher ranked member can pick the pocket of a lower ranked member at any time, without repercussion within the boundaries of St. Louis

Honored Society-St. Louis is a member of the Honored Society

City Taxes-For the time being, I see no need for a tax on any aspect of business in St. Louis. Any change will be announced at a further date.

Business District-Drastic changes will be occurring and details will be announced in the near future.

Captaincy-I have taken the time to read old newspaper articles on the unique way captaincy was handled in New York, under Ex-Godfather Thomas Rourke, and here in this fine city under Ex-Godfather Rourke. I have decided to implement such a system in the hopes of turning this city around, details follow below:

Any made man or above may be allowed to set up in my city, pending the fulfillment of the below criteria:

1. The first and most important thing to have is the nod from your crew leader. I will not be reading any applications that have not been pre-approved by the crew leader of the member in question.

2. You will send up tribute of $1,500,000 a week to me. As I have let your run a crew in my city, I deserve a little financial compensation. First payment will be due 7 days after you've purchased an HQ.

3. Each street boss will be restricted to a 25 person HQ upon the initial set-up of your family. Depending on your performance while in my city, the authorization to expand will be forthcoming.

4. I will not be responsible for paying whatever taxes in metropolises you choose to do business in. Do business with that in mind.

5. Finally, I am not here to protect you from any missteps. Your actions and the consequences of them are your own to handle.

I would also like to announce my first street boss, MarcelloCaifano. He will begin setting up shortly.

Report Post Tip

Looking forward to seeing great things from Saint Louis under your leadership Godfather Quirinus. But I have one question, just so I understand the way your city will be run better. If say one of these Crew leaders were....disrespecting me in a way....naturally I would want to go kill them. Considering they made a misstep by disrespecting me, I shouldn't expect repercussions from you for killing that crew leader since you do say you will NOT protect them from their own missteps? Or would you want this matter dealt with differently? But for me and I am sure same goes for many around here even yourself, if someone disrespects me then it wouldn't work out well for them.

Report Post Tip

Building on from Hades' question there, I have another possible scenario. Please see this as no disrespect, as that is not my intent. I am merely feeling out the whole "idea" if you get what I mean.

Anywho:

Say somehow Your city gets into a war. Does this mean that any family that has bought the rights to operate there must also fight for you? As you say, you will not protect them from their own missteps, so could they argue the same thing, or should it be assumed that they are paying for the privelage to work under you, seeing as it is your city and therefore must fight to protect it also?

Michael bows in a nod of respect to the new Godfather.

Report Post Tip

I am fully aware that any future Auths in my city may carry grudges towards other crews and/or cities. If they choose to take a route that clashes with another crew/city in a hostile manner on their own, for whatever reason, they face this by themselves.

Now should an unfortunate issue occur along the lines of what you mentioned, Don Hades, would certainly expect to be notified of the reasons for any action taken. However, I would also expect a response in proportion to whatever insult was given. I will not tolerate anything beyond that.

In reply to you, Consigliere Brizriole, any future Auths should note that they have a vested interest in the success of my city. They have been allowed a chance to run criminal operations and explore whatever route to profit they so desire. Therefore a situation regarding a supposed war initiated by myself would involve a united St. Louis for as I have given them a chance, so they should defend what they have built here.

I would like to point out, however, that there is no "buying of auth". While I am not sure where this idea come from, I am going to assume it is from the misinterpretation of the weekly tribute I have. The amount is fairly small and is only there to serve as a reminder of the permission I have given out to set up.

Report Post Tip

I applaud the idea, but I too have concerns about the potential one of your allowed captains can effect on a city. Say one of them decides to attack a city and, in the grand scheme of things, causes the deaths of several associates there, but ultimately is repelled by the defending city.

Would you be held accountable for the acts committed for the supposed captain or rest the blame solely on them, considering that they are, in some ways, "on their own" when it comes to such things as taxes and the like?

I enjoy the idea, but frankly one of these scenarios are indeed very plausible and that can cause significant backlash on the entire concept considering that they were authorized under your judgment.

Report Post Tip

Very true Boss Swayzak.

As I have given permission for a captain to run a crew, I would hold myself accountable for their actions and would deal with them accordingly. Any captain of mine that would do as your example suggests would be eliminated, Made man and up, without hesitation. Such are the dangers in Authing a crew, irregardless of city or practice.

As far as how the backlash would be dealt with, in such a scenario, I am sure an agreement can be reached that can satisfy both parties affected.

I came into this city will the knowledge of the difficulty that these changes will present, therefore for my vision of what St. Louis is to be succeed, my judgment will have to be spot on.

Report Post Tip

That is reassuring, then.

I wish you the best on your business endeavors and I will be eager to see what St. Louis holds in store, as it seems you have a fantastic head on your shoulders.

Report Post Tip

Would you be held accountable for the acts committed for the supposed
captain or rest the blame solely on them, considering that they are, in
some ways, "on their own" when it comes to such things as taxes and the
like?

With respect to Quirinus, it is more likely that any attacked city will be the ones deciding if he is accountable for the actions of his captains, regardless of the theory discussed here.

Report Post Tip

Ballsy move, Godfather Quirinus and one I believe that a large proportion of our community will welcome.

Although I'm a simple Earner and have no real interests in anything beyond my Godfather and myself, I have a few concerns about this plan - although very few, if any, affect me directly - mainly from St Louis' point of view.

Firstly, $1.5 million per week tribute is far too cheap a price to allow someone to set up, in my opinion.  I understand the new crews will have set-up costs and so on but I've read in my father's journals how, once he received the honor of being made, he donated in excess of this amount every couple of days, never mind per week.  I can understand the desire/need not to set the bar too high but by setting the bar too low, there is a risk that every shyster and his Aunt takes a shot at being a big guy.

Secondly, and you may already have a plan for dealing with this somehow, but I'd imagine that you'll be held responsible for the actions of those crews in your city so I can see this causing you major problems at some point.  It may not be the first time, one of the crews fucks up, it may not be the second but it will be at some point.  This is risky, not only for you but also for all the responsible crews in St Louis.

As I said, I'm a humble Earner so don't expect any sort of response or a briefing on strategy.  Just thought that I'd put my concerns out there while we're having a public meeting on the matter.

Report Post Tip

Blagger leans against a wall as he lights a Lucky Strike.

Something tells me he will deal with transgressors against his regieme the way most are dealt with in this thing of ours. A order to disband for lesser numerous transgressions, and a bullet to the back of the head for those slightly more serious infractions, Gary.

By the way, have you got any Ketamine? The shakes are starting again and i almost couldn't light my favourite brand of smokes.

Report Post Tip

*Mr. Black looks to Quirinus, who gives him a nod, so he steps forward to speak*

Gentlemen, do not confuse the Godfathers shadow version of free enterprise with free reign.  Every CL within this fine city will have to be authed by him, and every CL is welcome to tribute more than the minimum.  The minimum will merely keep you authed, it is those who show the Godfather love that will grow and thrive.  While all crews will be watched, we will not protect them from themselves.  Should someone make a foolish choice they will be dealt with.

*Mr. Black steps back behind Quirinus, and lights up a cigar.*

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The St. Louis Partnership-Changes in Business
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL