Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 17:14:34
Page:  1 
A trip to the Docks Started by: PedroRourke on Jan 25, '10 14:05

Another day, another knock on the door. In walked Hairy.

Hey Hairy. What's on your mind?

"Take a walk with me. I got something to show you."

Pedro grabbed his hat and coat, walking and conversing with Hairy on their way down to the docks. As they reached the shore, they spotted two ships with passengers departing. One was new immigrants, going through official procedures. The other appeared to be offloading cargo. Except none of the "crew" were returning to the boat. After dumping their cargo, they simply wandered off. A smile came across Pedro's face.

Now that brings back memories. Coming down here and watching those who were destined for our line of work finding a way around official channels was always a good time. Now, I don't suspect that's why you brought me down here Hairy.

"Correct," replied Hairy. "Keep watching."

As they sat, they began to see people they recognized wander toward the cargo vessel. Before one of the "crew" was able to unload his cargo, they were approached and talked to. Some of the encroaching people were even jumping on board, dragging off the sick, who probably wouldn't live more than a week. Puzzled, Pedro looked at Hairy.

Aren't those fellows Spitelli's guys? What the hell are they doing here?

"You know how they always spout off about how many "Loyal soldiers" they have? This is how they come up with those kind of numbers. They drag them off the boat before they've even set foot on land. Even the sick ones. Any doctor will tell you whatever they caught on the way over is going to kill them.

And they wanted to work a new deal with us? Did they think we would never see this? It certainly is going to affect how we do business with them. If they are lucky it will only cost them triple what they are paying now. I'm not going to work with them on fair terms if they are going to do things like this.

Let me know if you see any of our guys down here; I won't have anyone working for us if they try to breed loyalty like this. And anyone else who we do business with, let me know. I'll have to redefine "fair" for them.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A trip to the Docks
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL