Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 22:35:11
Page:  1 
St. Louis-On Recruiting Started by: Quirinus on Jan 26, '10 18:50

Leaning back in his chair, Quirinus stroked his relatively impressive beard in deep thought. Much over the past few days has come across his desk, for many issues still needing to be worked on, before he felt this city was back on the proper path. Pushing a proposal for the still rapidly deteriorating business district away, he looked over some complaints at the dockyards from one of his Made Man.

Apparently some of the small rogue crews that persist in the outskirts of his city have gotten desperate after he moved in and pushed them out of much of the city. They now are targeting those who have barely gotten of the boat in painfully obvious attempts to bolster their numbers...

Getting up from his desk, he quickly walked out of his office, nodding to both Mr_Black and TheDeathShouts to follow him outside. Blinking back the harsh winter light, he grinned at the sight that lay before him. Apparently someone had let word slip of an announcement...

Recruiting...member whoring...invite whores...it's been gone over numerous time, so numerous in fact I can already hear the collected sighs that result from my speaking up about this matter. Have no fear for I am only stating St. Louis policy and the repercussions that would result from it being broken by any member of my city.

Raising his finger to quash a potential point that could be arrayed against him, he winked and resumed

Before I go on, note that I include thugs, petty thieves, and unsponsored gangsters in the same category when it comes to recruiting and will be just mentioning civilians as an umbrella term.

At no point in time shall any member of St. Louis, Made Man and up as well as the left or right hands, approach a fresh of the boat civilian. That involves not only the blatant, and frankly insulting, direct recruitment that has most often been the case of ire but the "Helpful mails" that have begun to become a great annoyance.

Therefore a new civilian to this Thing of Ours, if he wishes to work for St. Louis, will have to start the dialogue themselves, in what I hope to be a turn around in regards to this growing problem.

Seeing a mummer ripple through the assembled criminal element, she shook his head to dissuade any comment before his was finished

Now some may ask how this can be enforced? How can I monitor each and every single correspondence between members of my city and those leaving the dockyards, searching for such deplorable activity whether it be in my crew or in one of my bosses?

I simply can't.

It is too great of a task for one. However, I can promise that steps will be taken to discover any and all recruiting.

Finally...those of mine who happen to break this policy will suffer a bullet to the skull and cement feet. Whether be a Don or a Made Man, the consequences will remain the same for I will not allow the transient nor the incapable to work for me. Which happens to be the effect recruiting has for families.

Report Post Tip

Tugaone puts a cigar in his mouth and looks at Godfather Quirinus

Totally agree. If a gangster can't be annoyed to pm one of the recruiters, then he hasn't got the right to be where the hard workers are, and the only thing that will expect him is Gunpowder...

Tugaone lights the cigar and walks off quickly, without turning his back to the GodFather

Report Post Tip

TDS listens to Quirinus and then the reply from Tugaone.

Well, I don't even need to respond to Quirinus. I am one of many who want member-whoring to stop. However, I'm proud of my father's associate Tugaone.
Way to go buddy, you'll become something in this world if you keep thinking and acting wise.

TDS gives Tugaone a handshake and goes to Quirinus

What the hell is a pm, Quirinus? I think I'm having difficulty in understanding the slang of the new-born mafioso..

After this, TDS has a silent conversation about family matters with Quirinus.

Report Post Tip

Dwight Schrute stands on the corner following listening to Godfather Quirinus and begins to applaud

Well done, sir. It is nice to see you take this stand and ensure that your city will not tolerate any form of "member whoring", veiled or not.

My father worked tirelessly to try and spark meaningful discussions on this subject, and it puts a smile on my face to see you implement such a policy for your city.

I wish you the best of luck not only with St. Louis, but in policing this mandate you've put in place. Saying that either of these undertakings are a small task would be a gross understatement.

Report Post Tip

A noble initiative, Godfather Quirinus.  I'm glad to see that this issue is being addressed by certain cities after much discussion and debate.  Let's hope that, eventually, all eight cities will follow (and publicly announce such).

Report Post Tip

This is definitely a topic that has been discussed in many different avenues and I am very glad to see a public stance be made.

I can only imagine the task at had, but it's definitely refreshing to see a city head publicly declare their city rule on member whoring. Even if it's from one city at a time, it's a start.

Well done, Godfather Quirinus.

Report Post Tip

What are you expecting people to do now? Look in the streets? Find a leader, or even a speaker who grabs their attention and apply for membership by writing to them?

How naive, Godfather. How Naive.

Newcomers to our shores love being greeted with a nice warm cup of cocoa and a cuddle from some high ranking Mafioso. It makes them feel special, don't you see? 

Sure, they get given a map, and that map has both a large fold-out section titled "Help", and a smaller area labelled "Crews" but really, how are they meant to know to look there? Hell, if we're not careful, they'll just be walking around the cities looking for people who stand out, even just a little.

Report Post Tip

A good move, and these changes in direction are long overdue in all cities. Whilst it's nice to see St Louis make the changes in their city, I look forward to the day when this practice is stopped country-wide.

Report Post Tip

I echo the statements made by Hoopi and GaryBusey it is a great thing to see this being brought in by a Godfather of a city!

I hope it is a catalyst for the other cities and they take note and implement the same rules, then life may actually get back to the traditional way of working rather than thugs and even civilians being mollycoddled till there is a bunch of dead-weight and flotsam in the upper ranks. I guess you can say I am a strong believer in survival of the fittest when it comes to this thing of ours.

Report Post Tip

So glad this is being put in effect, it's reassuring knowing that another city has enabled this policy.

Even if it is not a 100% fix on the whoring matter, It's a damn good start.

Bravo.

Report Post Tip

"Newcomers to our shores love being greeted with a nice warm cup of
cocoa and a cuddle from some high ranking Mafioso. It makes them feel
special, don't you see?
"

As Tugaone hears this, he raises his head and replies:

Is it the Newcomer that has to feel special?
Or is it the Godfather that has to take care of his city?
I see your point, but we have to look at our reputation, and at the respect we deserve.
It doesn't even comes to my mind to bow down to a lower rank and kindly ask him if he wants a crew, maybe even to get a "No" as an answer.
Also, I believe that having two, and sometimes more Made Mans (And above) Bowing down to a gangster may make him feel a little too special.
On the top of it, I believe that letting someone join should be a selective action, and not a obligation, after all, we will only want the best members for our crew, as anyone would want.
If they want to get in the family, they have to put some effort to it.

Tugaone Quickly sits back where he was, and listens to everyone else talking.

Report Post Tip

I believe he was being sarcastic, Tugz

Report Post Tip

Epic fail, Tugaone.

Report Post Tip

Well, this is quite a start. An ambitious beginning, Godfather Quirinus - and a good one.

Report Post Tip

Epic fail?
If I keep seeing this slang on the streets, I will be deeply disappointed..

TDS leaves moving his head in a worried way.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: St. Louis-On Recruiting
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL