Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 21:47:29
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Reaper Daily Issue 9 Started by: The-Reaper on Jan 28, '10 17:52

Brutus you have brought up a good point there... Hmmm.. Gives one something to think about.

Report Post Tip

What you musn't think of is if it was a plan, but if i had known who would give, or how long.

Report Post Tip

-Lana- steps off the plane in New York after being out of the country for a while. Stoping at her usual newstand, she sees 'Daily Reaper Issue 9' and Daily Reaper: Final Issue'.

What the hell?

After reading both issues and hearing the whispers around her, her heart sinks wishing she had known about this before hand. The-Reaper was an eager to learn journalist who seemed to have lost his way. Having his paper bought so publicly was, well, embarrassing.

She sighs as she instructs her driver to head to her HQ and have a talk with The-Reaper.

Report Post Tip

What's even more unfortunate is that this man will never get to take notes and actually learn the ropes of producing a quality paper. Sure this publication needed a lot of work done to it, but maybe someone should've offered to help him make it better instead of just buying him out and making him promise to never publish another article again.

At least he was trying, which is more than just being some mute running around these parts.

Report Post Tip

Atleast Godmother Kates will write more meaningful papers now, right?

Puck grins

Report Post Tip

Evangeline, if you take a look everyone offered this guy help. He had 8 issues of help offers.
Was about time.

Report Post Tip

I have to agree with BloodyFaster, unfortunately. He was offered help in numerous occasions.

I always wondered why he wasn't humble enough to realize he was not producing good quality and quit himself, or try to hire competent writers or offer his services to another paper. There was always one article that was barely decent. He could have sent somebody all his work and the editor could choose and say "This is the article I chose, the rest I don't need".

And as much as it pains me to admit, why does a Capo not understand the obvious futility of posting either drug prices or jail lists? It shows poor understanding on how wither drugs or the jails work.

Report Post Tip

Evangeline, I shared that opinion for the past 8 or so issues. He had a wealth of advice and resources, but little changed. I love the streets and I admire and respect anyone who has that urge to break out their soapbox. But I also believe in quality. And while I would certainly suffer someone who is putting in the effort on working at improving their shortcomings, I don't believe this was the case.

Report Post Tip

What's even more unfortunate is that this man will never get to take notes and actually learn the ropes of producing a quality paper. Sure this publication needed a lot of work done to it, but maybe someone should've offered to help him make it better instead of just buying him out and making him promise to never publish another article again.

At least he was trying, which is more than just being some mute running around these parts.

I have to say, If he had simply taken the time to read some of the suggestions that were put forward to improve this paper, perhaps it would have survived longer.

As for the Mute thing, I'd rather see someone speak once weekly with a Decent contribution, than every day with a sub-standard one.

Report Post Tip

I've got the market cornered on weekly contributions, my lined friend.

Report Post Tip

Yes, I've read your paper. It's quite impressive, I look forward to next weeks.

Report Post Tip

Reads the paper and the the signed part by The_Reaper

"Far well I guess."

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Reaper Daily Issue 9
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL