Get Timers Now!
X

May 13 - 05:23:36
Page:  1 
No whispers, no coffin comment. Started by: Pyro on Jan 29, '10 16:50

Pyro steps up to the stall in the middle of the square, where so many have stood before him, and clears his throat to get the crowd's attention.

"I have been here only a week or so, and already, I can say nothing bad about my family in any way. Not only because they would kill me instantly (he chuckles a little at his own joke), but because lady luck shined upon me the day I arrived here, and granted me with the most incredible family I could possible have stumbled upon, with an incredible leader, and a well organised family system.

"However, since my father died in the last great war, it has come to my attention that not all people are as considerate or sensitive to the topic of death as our great family is. We treat our dead with respect, as should all others. But I have noticed many high-up members of families who died during the great war, with very little in their graveside memorium. Not so much as an RIP from some people.

"Likewise, with whispers. Too many people's last heard words are of the ilk of "lol m8, ur ded". I simply don't understand how people think these are appropriate last words. This person, who has lived a long and fruitful life, surely deserves more than this shoddy-grammar-ridden crap. I believe a certain amount of respect is required when someone dies. A good hitter always finishes a kill with grace.

"Well, that's my piece. I just hope people can take heed to this, and pay more respect to the dead. Thank you".

Pyro steps off the podium...

Report Post Tip

-Auset- approaches Pyro with but one thought running threw his mind, he wanted to let it out and was waiting for the right time to do so.

I understand how you feel, for it has happened to many before you, the one thing people are forgetting is respect to others even if they are the "enemy" but then again they are people, just like every one else. the one taking the shot should at least take a few seconds to think about what he is doing before doing it and do it with respect.

He then turns and walks away.

Report Post Tip

Well don't you worry.  I will make every effort to impress you with one of my signature whispers...if you should be so lucky as to die by my gun.  Just make sure you too die with grace and not by taking dozens of "pro" shots to save your life.  See, that's why this world has lost its flavor.  Killing, in times of war, requires far too much effort.  Aim, fire.  Aim, fire.  Aim, fire.  And again and again and again, sometimes for hours.  Not too much graceful about it.   

And respect my enemies?  Bahahahahahahahahaha.

Wait...

Bahahahahahahahaha.

Did you say respect my enemies?  I don't think I'll go so far as to respect my enemies.  I don't think I need to be vulgar or obscene while offering last words, but I'm not going to give them a pillow for their head so they don't hit the ground too hard either.  They may be people, but they are people who have declared war on me and my family.  The only respect they shall receive might be, and I said MIGHT be, a kind comment in their funeral.  Would you really expect more than that? 

Report Post Tip

A man i knew was involved in the last great war. When he was killed the hitter said a prayer over him. Something i thought was remarkable. Not only was this guy sending you to the Big Man but he asked that The Big Man would forgive all his offenses. Brilliant.

And on Funerals It does pain me to see even sometimes a great and well respected person with just a RIP. anyone can say RIP but when it comes to funerals you never know if that persons KIN will come back. Thats why, I think it is so important that when one of yours dies we say how we really feel, Instead of just RIP.

SINGER looks up at the stars and fades into the night.

Report Post Tip

I have to agree with Mr. Hayes on this one.. If your family declares war on my family, you are my enemy - end of story... Leaving the victim with a respectful whisper is counterintuitive.. Just the fact that the man whose family members your crew has been slaughtering leaves you a respectful comment at your funeral is more than graceful...

Report Post Tip

Yes i agree... but to our ennemies... i say nada, nothing. They only deserve my spit on their graves. A ennemy is a ennemy and one who even dares to get an invite in the ennemy's family when his CL dies, especially during war... that is even lower in my book. But i think NY's heroes do deserve a descent funeral. One who dies standing by his own city from beginning to end... deserves the best of funerals. No matter what rank he died as!

Report Post Tip

Don will, jumping into conclusions is not the way.

lack of respect will get us no were, you should know better than that. Killing someone means ending his life and cursing him or sending him a "signature" while doing so means you are doing it for fun and not for honor.

If indeed they have declared war apon you (your fam) they did so to protect theirs, or it might be for power, then again that does not mean that you should disrespect them or send them what ever you think is funny or offending whispers, Knowing that one day it would be you who will declare war on others, and I know that you wouldn't want yourself or any of your members to be shot with an offending or funny whisper knowing that you or your members have worked hard and broke a lot of sweat to get to were they are and having it end in a shitty disrespectful way.

I totally respect your opinion on this subject but I strongly disagree.

Report Post Tip

Auset, I agree that it is plainly disrespectful to leave a "funny" cocky whisper.. However, I do not see the point in leaving a whisper at all since the person you killed is your enemy.. Like I said, funeral words should be more than enough..

Report Post Tip

What you whisper when you end a life is what separates you from every other shooter out there.  It is your trademark as a shooter.  It is your last mark.  Those who choose an attempt at humor, and that is outside of their normal characteristics, must not get it.   The truly creative realize this is your opportunity to make that 1 final (roleplayed) scene in this thing of ours for the one gone down.  Wasting it with a 1 liner or nothing at all just seems... lacking of creativity.

Report Post Tip

Roleplayed? My God what is this lunatic saying..? Lay off the reefer Mr_Black!

Arsenal looks around then discreetly whispers to him..

Got anymore pal? 

Report Post Tip

I'm not sure why some people are so concerned about the enemy's feelings.

I agree on the funerals bits. Your friends and family can express their true feelings about you there. But the enemy that shoots you owes you nothing. No respect, no description of a scenario, nothing.

A good hitter is somebody who cares about his own family enough to go through all it implies being a hitter. Not a gentleman that tries too hard to impress the enemies fallen.

Report Post Tip

As Don Nine has stated, what do you want from enemy?

"hi sorry i am doing this i hope it doesn't hurt much, i will look after your family for you"

What i am hearing from peoples reactions are that they are more concerned with hearing a few last words rather than the fact your ancentors have died.

When i am standing in front of my killer with only a few seconds left i can tell you know i will not be hoping he is nice, i will be thinking of my beautiful wife, my family and the friends i will be seeing in the afterlife not what some punk has to say to me.

While Mr Black i agree somewhat with what you're saying, as a hitter you are judged on getting the job done my creativity is making sure some punk doesn't get up after i shoot him not how gracefully they fall.

Report Post Tip

Ell listens carefully to the words of her fellow family member.  She understands where Pyro is coming from and nods her agreement.  So many times friends and family are left with nothing after the passing of a loved one.  It is a sad state that this has become common practice.  However, she is confident that at least she tries to make some tribute to the dead.  Perhaps it'll catch like wildfire.  She can only hope.

Report Post Tip

SINGER stares off a bit into the sky thinking to himself

So some guy shoots another. And whispers maybe something he shouldnt have. Something very rude and crude. With that there is no code of honor, there is not a single ounce of mafia in that. I believe what seperates us from murderers is how we understand whats business and whats not. We arent a group of men that enjoy killing like Jack the Ripper did, at least i would hope we arent. The sad thing is that when people shoot someone they usually do it when they arent looking eye to eye so they say what they want. So you could shoot a gun im pretty sure even the lowest of wise guys can, that dosnt make you a man what makes a man a gentleman is the respect. And where is the respect? not just for the victim but for his Line. This is my stance. I dont even like shooting people i feel bad but if asked to i will have the courtesty to say something nice to the guy or gal. I wont degrade a single person even if you were a complete jerk. and i will be at your funeral maybe even to say something good about you. Blessings and Peace brothers and friends Blessings and Peace.

Report Post Tip

Auset, I agree with Nine.  I owe my enemy nothing.  And what I choose to give him as the final words he hears?  They will be whatever I want them to be.  Lack of respect?  Bahahahaha.  You bet.  Are you saying I should respect my enemies?  That if I don't, I have no honor?  Hmmm.  I'll think about that.  But at the end of the day, I really don't care what my enemies think or say about me.  I care what those I defend think about me, and those I have to protect.  Those are the people that I care about. 

And the words I hear when I die?  I don't care.  I'm dead.  I will say, however, that I do hope it is something funny or rude.  I'd like to know that there was some effort put into my whisper. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: No whispers, no coffin comment.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL