Get Timers Now!
X

May 01 - 17:17:30
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
Gender Choice Started by: Quantum on Feb 01, '10 22:49

I was thinking of perhaps adding a choice between male and female that would differentiate between Made Woman, Made Man; Godfather, Godmother; and so forth.

Any hints/tips/suggestions/critiques?

Report Post Tip

In order to do this, we would have to have a member sweep, then put it in.

Report Post Tip

This is distasteful, and if implemented we would have to also consider the following:

Made Nondescript
Godprogenitor
Wise Person

All three are equally as fantastical as Godmother etc.

Report Post Tip

this has been brought up before and admins and coders didnt want it so not very likely.

Report Post Tip

It sounds fair, but I agree with Torin. it would be lame to haave a member sweep.

Report Post Tip

Does it really matter? The only two ranks it would affect would be Wise Guy and Made Man...Wise Gal,Made Woman? Nah..

Report Post Tip

I dunno. GodMama just doesn't have that intimidating ring to it. Maybe its me.

Report Post Tip

Hmm...how about Carnal Luscious -Lana-....

Sorry Quantum, I'm kidding! When I was with Starshine, she called me her Right Hand Woman, that is not an official rank really. Right Hand Man is fine, that is the way of the Mafioso, it's a mans world, it's the 1930's. There is no woman's liberation and it is the way it is. Let's not forget the era.

Report Post Tip

Wow, I posted this without saying women were a great influence and if you look in this world, Godmother is used often, don't you think?

Report Post Tip

It really shouldn't be.

In our modern society it really seems quite minor to provide the option of gender choice.

However, considering just how pedantic we can be over minor issues such as drugs discovered 10 years after the time period causing entire posts to be deleted, why are we keen to change history on this? It doesn't fit the time period, it is historically inaccurate to suggest that the supreme head of families or indeed cities were female and it is spitting in the face of roleplay every time a change is made like Godmother, Godtucker, Donette and Donna.

Thankfully it was addressed and corrected for the latter two examples.

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Gender Choice
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL