Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 13:27:13
Help
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
GAME CHANGE: Error order for Wacking/BG Wack Started by: Squishy on Feb 02, '10 15:00

We have changed the order of the error messages for wacking and BG wacking in order to reveal less information about the target.

Thank you.

Report Post Tip

Nnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Goddamn admin with their efficiency and quite reasonable game changes!

Report Post Tip

Looks good.  I also noticed a sudden emergence of pesky shot blockers :)

Report Post Tip

Me no understand. Me stupid. Can someone explain what this means? :(

Report Post Tip

Before this change, on taking a shot (be it a wack attempt or a bg shot attempt) there was a certain order to the 'error messages' given. Using the messages, you could gain certain information about the target (e.g. they are pro'd, they're not in that city, etc etc).

This change changes the order of the error messages given.

The end result means that if you bg shoot someone with no bg's (who isn't in your city) the "user has no bg's or they're currently pro'd" might/will trump the "you can't shoot a bg that's not in your city" (or whatever the correct wording is) or if you try and remote check (shoot from another city) a pro, the "you must be in the same city as your target" might now trump the "xxxxx has been shot too recently" message.

The exact changes that result will have to be figured out by trial and error to see what information can still be gained and what is no longer possible to tell from the changes.

Report Post Tip

Thanks for explaining Diemne.

Report Post Tip

I also noticed a sudden emergence of pesky shot blockers :)

Just to be clear...

This one isn't really part of the changes mentioned in this thread. This message [something along the lines of..] "somebody got in the way and blocked your shot" is simply a rewording of the old "someone else beat you to the hit" message.

Both mean the same thing, that a request hit the server a fraction before your shot did but the result has not yet been processed so your attempt was blocked from hitting the server (so only occurs in cases where two shot's are submitted within a fraction of a second). This was introduced to remove the chances/frequency (it can still happen in very rare events) of 'double kills'. Some users felt that the original wording gave the suggestion that the target was dead, so this 'new message' is simply a change in the roleplay/semantics of the message but not a change in any gameplay.

Report Post Tip

Give it up for Deimne, the official spokesperson of MafiaReturns!

(claps)

Report Post Tip

That dude should be on HelpDesk or something...

Report Post Tip

We have changed the order of the error messages for wacking and BG wacking in order to reveal less information about the target.

Unless the admins haven't got around to it, how is the ability to be able to see if someone is proed when they are NOT in the same city revealing less info? Personally I think it should go back to how it was, but if the BG wacking is to stay how it is then the ability to see if someone is proed when not in the same city should change as well. Being able to do that makes no sense at all especially when we want the game to be as realistic as possible.

Report Post Tip

Help
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: Error order for Wacking/BG Wack
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL