Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 13:27:13
Page:  1 
How Did I End Up Here????? Started by: Mila on Feb 04, '10 23:16

Mila had spent most of the night looking out the window of her new home. Her life had taken a turn she had not seen nor anticipated. A few years ago she was living with her granny, her two aunts, and her younger brother (who's birth had taken their mother's life) Suddenly, as if fait had decided to frown on the family things started to go wrong, horribly wrong.

Her granny, who had been much absent as of late, died in a horrible accident. The funeral had lots of strange well dressed people whom were not allowed to talk to Mila or her brother, and made sure their conversations went unheard. Her aunt actually slapped her when she tried to question. Mila was never to speak of it

The family quickly used up any money that had been saved and the the oldest aunt started disappearing will alarming frequency. The household soon did not want for anything but a quiet secrecy descended on the house, and Mila learned not to ask any questions. Mila only once listen at the kitchen door when the sisters were talking and all she could desern was that someone thought they were in love but had ended it, for reasons Mila didn't understand

Then, as suddenly as things had started looking up, Mila had even gotten betrothed, her aunt died in a horrible accident. The funeral was similar to granny's and Mila just sat in the corner and kept to herself

Mila's brother then disappeared and soon afterwards her last known relative was found floating in the river with a note in her pocket that said "I just couldn't go on"

Mila pulled herself together enough to arrange a funeral. At this funeral there was no one to 'protect' her and a handsome older man walked up to her and said "I knew both your aunts and if you ever need anything" He handed Mila a card with just a number on it and walked away. Mila's finance, Tom, quickly rushed to her side and asked "What was that?"

Mila, rather confused, replied she didn't know.

A couple of months after the funeral Mila, proceeded to clean out the family house. She found paperwork in locked trunks, and she started to piece together the puzzle. She was shocked by what she learned and more then a little scared

After learning more than she could ever possibly want to know and after watching Tom get more and more distant as she shared her knowledge, Mila decided she needed some outside help. She found the card she had hidden in her dresser, for just in case, and called

The man listen as Mila, less then calmly, explained that she knew who he was, that she needed some help and maybe she could come to New York and work for him. He very reluctantly agreed. Mila then called Tom very excited and explain to him that they were going to New York.

The final words Mila heard Tom speak were "No you mean YOU are going to New York, goodbye! "

Hearing that Mila decided to leave now, and not wait a week, as she had originally planned.

Crying as she made sure all the windows were locked, the doors barred and everything ready for her long absence, she made one final trip to the lavatory. Stopped her tears, cleaned up her face. She headed to the front door, grabbing her coat and small suitcase walked out the front door and locked it behind her

Mila went to the pawn shop and sold the beautiful ring Tom had given her, a little to start her new life. She would pay him back later

Exiting the shop she hailed a cab " To the airport, my good man"

Report Post Tip

Tony listens intently to the the story, then approaches the young lady.

Well, the other cities loss is truly New Yorks gain. We our happy to have you in our fine city!

Report Post Tip

A warm welcome to you darling

Report Post Tip

Mila It looks like you are off to a real good start ! I will be keeping my eye out for you. Welcome to "this thing of ours"

Cindy looks on as Mila get's in the cab,noticing her facial features and lovely eyes.Dissappering into the night.

Report Post Tip

Sitting down on a bench, smoking a cigar. Sweeney sees Mila getting on the cab.

Sweeney smiles, and thinks to himself. She's going to be someone.

Sweeney gets up and pulls out a new cigar, with a note on it.. 

Keep on going, don't stop. And good luck.

Sweeney gets up and leaves back into the HQ for a cup of tea.

Report Post Tip

Sneakyrat was leaning againts the post when he was shaken by Mila's story... he walks right down to her and lends out a hand...

Welcome to New York Mila! It is a priviledge to have you with us!

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: How Did I End Up Here?????
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL