Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 15:21:48
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
What's In A Name? Started by: -Lucifer- on Feb 07, '10 16:34

Sneakyrat listens to -Lucifer-'s speach and has a thing or two to say on this subject...

Well sir, i tend to believe that experience goes way beyond a name but not everyone see'as clearly as i on this subject. What's in a name you say? Well, a catchy name is... well... cool! But we all have our own opinions about names, rather it's in a name or a family's tatoo... wich i am more criticised by the later. How we act is the important thing here... of course, some names could be very disturbing and cause issues that could of been avoided by choosing a more... how can i put it... uh "civilised" name. When a name is respectfull, i dont see why one could be offended by it. But like i said... different strokes for different folks! If i see a name that i would find odd but tastefull... i would tend to have fun with it instead of being bothered by it. After all, i am an man...

Report Post Tip

I think it's clear from the responses already received that a name means very little, but I'll add mine anyway.  As much as I like to make fun of names, when selecting a crewleader, there is nothing that means less than the name.  Unless, of course, a guy's name is F#$* WillHayes.  I may think twice about choosing that person.  Of course, I'd be more concerned about the disrespect intended vs. the name itself. 

A person proves himself by his actions.  A name is just a name. 

Report Post Tip

Richard wonders by a group of people discussing something. After getting the topic of conversation from a guy leaning against the wall, Richard started to chime in, only to be cut off by WillHayes. Allowing Will to finish, Richard spoke up.

Action should indeed define you. The name you were given or the nickname that others bestow upon you is not in your control. I mean, its not their fault if they get an awful nickname like 'Tayto.' Actions can overcome any short-sighted name-based opinions. Or if they receive the sexy, awesome name of Richard Ennebocks, it does not automatically give them the keys to the city.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: What's In A Name?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL