Get Timers Now!
X

May 01 - 23:00:07
Page:  1 
Concerning Zips (and whoring) Started by: Michael_Brizriole on Feb 08, '10 02:27

So I've been thinking a bit lately. With the introduction of the all out ban on member whoring, where does this leave those of us with friends whom are still in the old country?

Say you have a guy, real trusty and loyal and you think he'd make a great associate for the family if he were to migrate here to America. He climbs off the boat and your there waiting with open arms, ready to take him under your wing and show him the way this thing of ours works here. Is this considered whoring? Will this bring down the almighty hand of our Godfathers and Crew Leaders? 

I for one, have a fair few Zips in mind that I could someday bring to these shores but I'm now worried of the consequences. Has anybody else realised the effects of these new member whore rules on bringing in friends from the old country?

What are everyones opinions on this matter? Is inviting a Zip from the old country to America for the sole purpose of becoming your asscociate and joining your family considered whoring?

(OOC: Is inviting friends with the referral system to the game and then making them become your associate considered whoring and will it get you killed if you do?)

Report Post Tip

Zuldazar stands up and clears his throat

Zuldazar understands where you are coming from with this Michael. Zuldazar personally feels that you won't be killed for this as if you are teaching them *PROPERLY* you should also teach them how to join a family. Even if it is joining a mate such as yourself you should still teach them to ways of the world for when you are not their leader anymore.. and they want to remain here they are going to need to learn how to join one then.

Ok fair enough your friend is already going to be accepted by you no matter what he says.. But when Zuldazar has brought his friends here from off the boat Zuldazar has sure hell made sure they send a proper request. Atleast then they know what to do in future refrence for when they have to fend for themselves if they wish to continue live their bloodline at our shores.

Report Post Tip

Zuldazar clears his throat again quickly

Zuldazar is also sure the Godfathers/mothers and Crew Leaders of our world are sure of the diffrence between friend from a diffrent coming over to make a name for themselves in the mafia or atleast try. And the diffrence between offering help to a total stranger you have never met.

Zuldazar is sure there is a fine line or he atleast thinks there is a fine line between offering help to a friend whos come newly to the shores then a total random stranger.

After he made his speech he sat back down as this topic intrested him

Report Post Tip

Thanks Zuldazar, so what your saying is you should still tell them to formerly ask for an invite to be your associate? I guess atleast that way you have your ass covered if you're ever asked for proof of said request....

Report Post Tip

Zuldazar looks at Michael and nods

Yes thats exactuly what Im saying. That way your covering yourself and teaching them properly for their future bloodline to understand how to join someone in the case of you not being there anymore.

Report Post Tip

-Lana- steps out from the croud and finds Mr Brizriole and shakes his hand.

I have heard of this OOC Avenue and it seems to be quite diffenrent from our streets. Here, in our world, we have no friends. If someone fresh off the boat needs a family, then it should be up to him/her to talk to the powers that be and you should step back. I am sure your advice and coaching would not be frowned upon, but when the time came to talk to the leaders, you should step aside. If you're friend inspires greatness in your eyes, then your leader will feel it too. If he/her doesn't, then there is a reason and your goose is cooked. You may have the power to take in associates, but in all fainess, if this person has a personal friendship with you, I would refer them to someone else, but that's just me.

I'll slow down now since my response is turning into a speech, which I should make anyway. As long as the potential member asks to become a member of your family first, if this person makes an effort to impress your leaders then you are covered.

Report Post Tip

Zuldazar, Why are you speaking in 3rd person?

Report Post Tip

Sneakyrat listens to concigliere's Michael_Brizriole speach about new off the boaters being friends???

Well concigliere, with all due respect... i dont see how you can befriend with a fresh off the boater who has'nt done a thing for his family yet. He needs to prove himself in order to gain a certain bond within the family leaders. But if you are talking about their fathers or mothers... of course maybe they were very close to you and i understand your eargerness to help their kins the best you can. I would tend to do that to... but if their kin wants to work by your side, they must still earn their spot just like anyone else. Debates about member whoring has been going on for quite a while and there has been an understanding on how we are to exercise our ways of inviting a fresh off the boater in our circle. It is clear as water... and i personaly dont see a problem on what has been decided by the highly esteemed leaders of this thing of ours.

Sneakyrat suddenly stops to speak as he understood that his point was made clear!

Report Post Tip

I am under the impression that member whoring involved inviting people you never met. If you are reaching out to other countries to get hard working people to come over and join your quest, I think that is the total opposite of member whoring.

Report Post Tip

I still think you should talk to them tell them about the life they are wishing to enter.what they can bring.Traits qualities,personality ect.Have a conversation for a while I would say.

Report Post Tip

Thats exactly what I'm talking about Don CrazyNine. Is bringing in people from family lines that your lineage has known, long before any of your family lines reached these shores and extending them an invite to your family whoring? It just so happens that my family was in the Mafia back in the old country many many many generations before arriving here on the boat, and I'd much like to bring in some people from back home. I mean, who else is better to be your associate than someone you've known a long time and can trust, it's like a RHM position, but less important to other people.

And also, they wouldn't be considered Zips if I didn't know them already.

Report Post Tip

What you describe isn't whoring so no fuckin prob at all. Cow out.

Report Post Tip

I just find all this funny. You can't look for associates...but you can bring someone in and instantly bump him/her to RHM/W. You know...because that's what the mafia does.

If I contact someone and have an extremely detailed conversation with them on what's expected and the rules and regualtions...this should not in any way, shape or form be considered "member whoring".

Report Post Tip

As long as it is a friend of yours, I wouldn't consider it member whoring as you automatically vouch for him/her.. In my opinion, the difference lies within that very essence.. Can you vouch for the recruit or not? It's not sensible that a self-respecting mafioso would invite a petty thief into his family if he can't vouch for him... That said, I don't think that old friends are automatically granted a life within the family, but should apply formally and perhaps get a little help in the process.. So to make my point clear, I agree with CrazyNine..

After all, who would sponsor a mobster their own associate can't vouch for? 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Concerning Zips (and whoring)
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL