Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 16:42:09
Page:  1 
A Windy City Night. Started by: Joe_Torro on Feb 09, '10 04:40

Joe jumped out the back of the truck and handed the driver two dollars for the ride. The truck disappeared into the night. He was in unfamiliar territory him being from the mid-west. The big city was all new to him. The lights,cars,buildings, and mass of people on the streets. Joe was tired of working the farm life he was tired of putting in long hours for little money working on the local farms of his hometown. He was looking for something a little less back breaking.

Joe walked around the city for awhile taking it all in. He came up on a hotel and entered the building. Their was a little old lady at the counter knitting.

"Can I help you young man?"

Yes ma'am. I need a room for a night maybe two.

"It will be two fifty a night."

Okay, No problem.

Joe pulled out a five and handed it to her. She slid him a key and he picked up his suitcase and walked up the stairs and down the hall towards his room. As he walked passed one of the rooms he heard some men arguing in side about a truck and when they were supposed to go and pick it up.

"Johnny said it would be on the corner of Addison and Belmont at eleven tonight. Full of goods for the nightly delivery."

"Good. I will be there waiting on it then. You make sure to have our truck there so we can load it up. I'll be happy to turn in this weeks tribute. Should give me some good points with the boss."

Joe continued to his room and opened the door. The room was actually cleaner than he thought it would be. He placed his suitcase on the dresser and sat on the bed.

Not a bad little place. Didn't expect it to be so clean.

Joe heard the men next door leaving and talking. He was interested in what they were getting into. So he followed them.

Joe waited before exiting his room. He followed the men outside and watched as they split up. 

"Go get the truck I'll meet you over there. I've got to make a quick stop."

He kept a good distance behind the man so not to be noticed. When they got to the street the man Joe had been following walked over to a truck and got in. Joe hid in a alley.

The wait began...

About ten minutes later a truck came down the street and stopped in front of house, a man got out and went inside. The two men Joe had followed got out of the truck and approached the delivery truck.

"Open it up!"

"I'm trying damn it! Give me a minute."

The truck door opened and one of the men jumped inside and started handing out the stuff inside.

"Jeez, this will take us all night. Why didn't you get some other guys to help?"

"You going to pay them out of your share?"

"No! Fuck its cold as hell out here."

Joe thought he saw his opening to try and make some dough and get in with these guys. So he crossed the street and tried to look casual passing by.

"Hey you! Come here. Want to make some money?"

Umm...yeah sure.

"Help us unload this truck and we will make it worth your trouble."

Okay, No problem. You guys break down or something and having to reload another truck?

One of the guys smiled and let out a small snicker. "Yeah, That's right. My truck broke down and he had to come pick up the inventory."

Joe knew better but didn't want these guys to know he had followed them here. After finishing up the load they all got in the other truck and drove off to a warehouse. They drove in and got out of the truck. Another man was waiting on them when they got out.

"You wait right here while we get you your money."

Joe stood still and watched as the men talked for a few minutes and then the man who was waiting on the truck handed off the money. One of the men came back to Joe and handed him a few hundred dollars.

"Here kid. Thanks for your help. What's your name by the way?"

Joe, Joe Torro.

"Nice to meet ya Joe. Listen here is a number you can reach me at if you are every looking for some work and want to make a quick earning. Name is Johnny Enrico."

Okay,Thanks. I'll see ya around.

Joe took his cash and walked out of the warehouse and back onto the streets. He hailed a taxi to take him back to his hotel. As he got back into his room he hit the bed hard and fell asleep.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Windy City Night.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL