Get Timers Now!
X

May 12 - 19:49:11
Page:  1 
The Wedding Started by: Ninetta_Bagarella on Feb 16, '10 06:18

I have a new life now, and I have found a new family. Five years ago I would have never imagined this kind of life, or this type of hardship. I come from a long line of fighters though with a strict code of ethics. You never give up, you never give in, and death before dishonor.

It is a beautiful day in early June and I am preparing for the event of my life. The thing I have been groomed for since birth. I, Ninetta Bagarella, daughter of Francis Josef Bagarella (Frankie Joe to all his cronies) am about to marry James Anthony Jr. (Sonny to his friends and enemies alike). It is a day that I have dreamed of since I was small, but somehow it does not bring me joy.

I am standing in front of the mirror in the sitting room of my home, looking at the exquisite creature I have been transformed into today. My blue eyes are dark, like sapphires, but there is a glint of cold in them. The dress is the latest rage of fashion, imported from Sicily by my father, at my grandmother's request. Gran is the only female influence in my life and she has thus far made all my decisions for me. (You will go to public school, how would it look if we sent you away?) The dress is snow white silk, with an over lay of netting. My skin is only a shade or so darker. It is fitted in all the right places, sensuous in a very virginal sort of way. I begged for a new American short dress, but to no avail (I'm not having any granddaughter of mine dressed like a tramp, but the groom should get a peek of what is to come). My long Auburn curls are carefully placed on the top of my head. (Bobs are for Ugly girls Ninetta. You need to keep your hair long.) She is the one who decided that I would marry Sonny. We have been on exactly two dates. I don't even know if I like him or not. (What's to like? He will be your husband; you don't need to like him!) He is handsome enough, and he is rich enough. Something about him is very creepy though, and I don't like the way he looks at me. I feel like a kitten that is trapped in an alley by a mongrel. (It's a good match Ninetta. It's for the family. It will bring our cities together. We made an agreement with his parents. This is final). Gran however has given me a small blade to keep in my garter. She never gives a reason; I just take it as I am told. The bridal veil has a long train with a blushing veil. A honeymoon has been planned at Niagara Falls. There is no backing out now anyway, I wouldn't dare. I know my mother would have more sympathy if she was here, but she has not been here for a very long time. Daddy had to send her to a hospital when I was young and I am not to speak of it.

The two of us descend the stairs as Daddy pulls the Model A De Lux in front of the house. We head to the church in silence. Their silence is the calm sort, but mine is more of the terrified sort.

When we arrive I sneak a peek into the Church proper. There is a crowd already seated. The Church has been decorated beautifully with white roses and ribbon by friends of Gran. Everyone seems very quiet and solemn to me. There is no boisterous energy, it is very glum.

When we are walking to the back room to wait, I notice a small group of Daddy's cronies waiting for him. They call him over and whisper in hushed tones that I can barely hear. I can't hear much, but it seems there is a problem with the groom's family. I hear things like, "We can't stand by and let them do this" "It would be disgraceful" I hear my father, "Surely there has been a mistake, they are an honorable family." "Sir, we have it from a good source." My father replies, "We will go in as planned, and when the wedding is over I will get to the bottom of this." I look up quizzically at Daddy. I don't know much about his business, and most of what I do know comes from my own friends when we think no one else is around. "Don't worry sweetheart, I will take care of everything."

I take his arm, trusting him completely. Gran walks ahead, being seated by the ushers while my father walks me down the Aisle. I see my maid of honor, Gracie. We have been friends as long as I can remember. I see the other bridesmaids. Sonny's sister Luella and my cousin Francie. We exchange the smiles of conspirators as if this weren't a walk toward hell.

The groomsmen and best man walk out from the back. I don't see Sonny. I am beginning to worry now. What could be going on here? About a minute later as my father and I are standing at the altar he makes his appearance.
He gives me a very odd look and says, "I'm sorry 'Netta, but I have to do this for Vito." I don't understand his words, but I do understand the gun in his hand. He points it one by one at my Grandmother, bang! She slumps in the pew. Before my father can react, he points the gun at him and again, bang! My father is down and I am screaming and crying and holding him on the ground. Just then, my father's right hand man
Danny hands me a package. "This is 5g's, it's all I can give you. Leave town, now. Don't come back for a couple of years." Everything is surreal, but I see there is no hope for my grandmother or my father. I have known Danny all my life and I know I must trust him. I cannot control my fit of rage though, and in an instant I grab my knife and lunge at Sonny. He is standing still, as if in a daze. All hell is breaking loose around us as we stare at each other the knife hits his chest and he falls.

I then leave quickly. I hop a bus, and then a train. I blend into middle class America. I try to make the money last. I go to a community college and take journalism classes. I work. I work hard. But my Destiny is New York, and I must return. I must avenge by doing well. The family business is in my blood and it will not be repressed. I am lucky enough to be taken in by a new family. When I look into the mirror, I remember that day. I remember my code of honor. I see the glint of cold in my eyes.

Report Post Tip

Well, that's not something you see every day...

Stewie wishes Ninetta_Bagarella the best of luck.

Report Post Tip

Yes Ninetta... you have made the right choice to come to us. You know, it is not the first time such a tragedy has happened although i sympathise greatly with the lost of your grandmother and father. Together we will avenge your family... these people, the ones who cold bloodedly killed your father and grandmother, are scum. And we have a special place for such scum... made of cement. Your story will touch a lot of souls... there is a bright futur ahead of you. You will soon be invited in Lana's office... there... we will talk! I wish you all the best Ninetta!

Report Post Tip

Thanks to both of you.  Sneakyrat, I am honored.

Report Post Tip

Anytime you need anything Ninetta The Garage door is always open and the crew will be 100% behind you. All you have to do is ask.

Report Post Tip

I hope no one takes offense to this but judging by the way she writes in flawless execution and the undeniable similarity in their names I can't help but think Ninetta_Bagarella may have some ties to Marietta.

Report Post Tip

I'm pretty sure Ninetta_Bagarella is the daughter of Marietta.

Good eye, Giovanni_Verrazano. Your Skorpeon-esque detective skills know no bounds.

Report Post Tip

That level of investigative work will earn you a regular spot with the Gwarble Barble.

Report Post Tip

Crafty, 

"Thanks for having faith in me.  I will not let you down."

Report Post Tip

Ninetta understand that anywhere amoungst the family we will be there for you in any way possible with open arms!

Report Post Tip

Now that is what i call team work!

Report Post Tip

Thank you Gwarble I actually will consider that option should my paper fail.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Wedding
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL