Get Timers Now!
X

May 10 - 02:14:53
Page:  1 
Decisive Decisions (and stuff) Started by: RichardEnnebocks on Feb 17, '10 16:39

Richard was laying around, completely bored out of his mind. He was in the front room of the Lion's Den headquarters, his feet over the back of the couch he was upside-down on. At some point he had found a tennis ball wedged in the seat. He was tossing it in the air, attempting to get it to just graze the ceiling without it bouncing off. Most attempts were simply a foot or so short. He wound up for another attempt, throwing it way too hard. The ball came flying back at Richard, hitting him square in the nose, causing him to roll backwards off the front of the couch, narrowly avoiding TheDean's prized coffee table. Richard had no idea what made it so valuable, he just knew he was suppose to use coasters on it and never put his feet up on it.

Looking around he spotted where the tennis ball had rolled. It was resting behind one of the many stuffed deer placed all over. Richard always assumed TheDean was a sport hunter or something, although the bite and claw marks puzzled him. Carefully, Richard reached behind the deer, finger tipping the tennis ball to roll in his direction. After successful retrieval, Richard stood up, bouncing the ball off the hardwood floor a few times. All of a sudden he heard someone screaming in his direction. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH MY TENNIS BALL?" Glancing up, Richard spotted Tayto standing in the doorway, with his hands on his hips, attempting to look tough. "Its mine! Give it back! Gimme!"

"Sure thing champ," replied Richard. "Go fetch!" As Richard finished his statement, he hurled the ball into the hall. It bounced perfectly off the coat rack and began bouncing all the way down the long hall with Tayto giving chase. Richard was sure that would keep Tayto occupied for a few hours, if not the rest of the day.

Glancing around the room, Richard saw nothing of interest to occupy him. Plopping down on the couch, he sat still for a minute before beginning to drum on the cushions. Noticing someone in the doorway, Richard turned his head to spot Felicity.

"O hey Felicity. Whatcha doing?"

Report Post Tip

The sharp yelling from the floor below made the blonde nearly jump out of her skin. And then, oh no... she twitched and failed, knocking into her desk. It was all over. Putting her hands flat onto the desk she took a deep breath, trying to remain calm as she watched her now ruined project, laid out in pieces before her.

"Oh fiddlesticks," the young girl said with disappointment as she surveyed, for the fourth time that day, the wreckage her house of cards left upon the wooden surface before her. And this time... oh, this time she had been so darn close, too.

Furrowing her eyebrows together and narrowing her green eyes, Felicity turned towards the direction of her office door. It had been all that yelling that had caused her to ruin her castle. Yes! And now she was going to march right downstairs and give the people who had caused all that ruckus a piece of her mind!

Standing up quickly she stomped out her door, closing it behind her, before stomping down the hallway, down the flight of stairs and...

Stopping short and grabbing the railing to steady herself, she watched curiously as Po-Tayto (as she affectionately called him) went running by after a bouncing ball. Blinking a few times Fel let go of the banister, venturing curiously into the waiting room of the headquarters to see what had caused such a sight.

"Oh!" Felicity squeaked to herself, her face flushing and her heart hammering within her chest. Immediately the nineteen year old girl began to straighten her skirt and brush her hair back off of her shoulders. For there... sitting on the couch...

"Richard!" she screamed with delight when the man noticed her standing there. Oh boy, why did she have to be so stupidly overenthusiastic about everything?! Hadn't her friends told her to 'play it smooth' in front of him? To say that Felicity wanted to be Mrs. Dick Ennebocks was an understatement... but she certainly was never going to get him if she kept shrieking at him... like she always did.

"I was just... oh, you know! Nothing important! Just... being me! You know?! Right?! What are you doing here on such a lovely day outside... I mean... it's so lovely outside... why are you inside? I mean... hi!" she said breathlessly, quickly disturbed by the sound of an angry footfall behind her.

Report Post Tip

Richard stopped drumming on the couch cushions, sitting a little further forward on the couch. For some reason he was always nervous around Felicity, and he constantly tried to remind himself not to do anything stupid. Attempting to stand up, he braced has hand on the end table next to the couch; the one with the expensive lamp on it. Instead of placing his hand directly on the surface, he managed to put it on a coast, which consequently slipped out from under him as he put weight on it to stand up. His arm shoot out from under him and he went off balance, bumping into the lamp. As he tried to recover himself, he watched helplessly as the lamp spun like a top ready to give out. Scrambling to his feet, he held out his two arms as the lamp came to a stop, luckily still upright and in one piece.

"Whew. That was close."

Turning back to Felicity, he answered her question.

"Eh, I'm suppose to be laying low for a few hours. Something about that stupid building that caught on fire earlier. I'm really bored, and trying to decide what to do later when I can get outta here."

Report Post Tip

Felicity watched in horror as Richard almost fell, and then, as if to make matters worse, break Evangeline's favorite lamp. Wincing, the young girl covered her eyes with her hands, peaking out through the cracks until the entire ordeal was over. Oh, that Dick. He was so super silly sometimes, and he didn't even know it!

"A fire?" the girl echoed, pulling her hands away from her face and looking at the man in seriousness. Just as she was about to express her thoughts on the incident, the angry marching she had heard behind her earlier stopped. Turning around, her eyes widened to see a very angry Evangeline standing there... a tennis ball in her grasp.

"Really?" the woman said, shaking the ball towards Richard. "This is how you're going to spend your time? No, not here. Get out. Get out now."

And with that Evangeline threw the tennis ball at Dick, and Felicity watched helplessly as it hit him on the shoulder and bounced off. With a weak smile towards her mentor, Fel waved goodbye to Eva as the woman stormed from the room, muttering something about 'incompetence'.

"Oh boy oh boy, she suuuure seems mad!" Felicity remarked, turning back to Richard. Fluttering her eyelashes she grinned and shrugged her shoulders.

"I guess we're not allowed to play in here anymore. D-do you... um, maybe... we could go get ice cream? I know a place that's not too high profile. We can hide out there and... um... eat! That's what people do. Eat!"

Report Post Tip

this is tupid.. this is mafia not antiques road show

keep ur personal things to urselves.. nobody cares

Report Post Tip

Richard's smile disappeared as he saw Evangeline storm into the room. She looked really mad. As she shook the tennis ball at him, Richard nervously looked around to see if he had a way out of the room. Or something he could hide behind. The momentary distraction caused him not to see the ball flying through the air at him. It felt like it hit him at 90 miles an hour, and Richard winced in pain and began to rub his shoulder. As he was hopping around, he thought he spotted Tayto with his head sticking out of a door in another room staring menacingly at Evangeline leaving.

Still rubbing his shoulder, Richard's ear's perked up at the mention of "ice cream." He began jumping up and down on the balls of his feet. "OOooooo, Ice cream! Sounds awesome. And delicious. And awesome."

Richard gathered his coat and hat. Attempting to twirl the hat on his head, he managed to accidentally flip it onto the lamp that he nearly broke earlier. With another sigh of relief that nothing happened to the lamp again, he put the hat on his head.

"So, where is this snazzy ice cream place?"

Report Post Tip

From his small office in the back of the Headquarters, Falcon cursed and mumbled as others within the HQ where having fun. He was stuck in his office doing paperwork. Well, to be honest, it really wasnt an office, more like an oversized broom closet. The coatcloset in the front of the HQ was spacey. He was determined to say something to Dean about it, if he could ever get past the massive pile of paper work on his desk.

The high pitched sound of Felicity's voice rang though the hall ways. When she was excited, her voice could make your ears bleed. Falcon made a small note on his desk to invest in some ear plug the next time he saw the light of day. Just as he decieded that he was done for the day, Evangeline strolled by, dropping off more paper work 'Dean needs this handled as soon as possible, so dont even think about leaving' she mocked as she strolled on, free to do whatever it was Right Hand Womans do. 'Im going to get you, yup yup' Falcon thought to himself as he looked at the increased pile of paperwork on desk.

Report Post Tip

After listening to the terrific story. Pollit heard the outrageous outbursts of his newly found associate. Pollit responded with: With forgive him Richard he is just a noob. This story reminds me of the time I threw a live human infant to my 600 pound gorrilla responding catch. I escaped with one leg and one arm though.

Report Post Tip

CrazyNine, after hearing DonGhost's comment after being able to witness or hear about Richard, Felicity and Falcon in their HQ, hand him a business card with the address to his OOC'itis clinic.

This is not a story, son. They are actually living these events. Join in, or just watch and have fun.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Decisive Decisions (and stuff)
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL