Get Timers Now!
X

May 12 - 19:59:49
Page:  1 
In search of PoisonousJelly Started by: Eve on Feb 20, '10 07:10

Having spend recent days travelling across America, speaking with people, helping those willing to take help to evolve, Eve has been given a warning, should she not find a protector, a sponsor, soon, she will most likely find herself without a body. Realising this would not be part of the evolutionary path, she starts asking questions, looking for guidance as to whom to approach for this protection.

Understanding that protection is a loose term, she follows the rules, she pays her way, and an unwritten rule increases her chances of survival, Eve decides to approach a man with whom she feels she can relate. She has had no contact with him previously, but she has heard good things about him, senses there could be a mutual benefit if she were to work for him, the man named PoisonousJelly is the one she has chosen to approach.

Travelling to his home city of Los Angeles, Eve begins to ask sometimes discrete and sometimes more pointed questions as to where she can find the one she seeks. Many stonewall her, apprehensive over the possible ramifications of telling an unknown how to find the most powerful man in the city. Undeterred, Eve eventually pieces together that on a Saturday, today, Mr. Jelly can be found in a small, family run eatery, in a booth at the back of the restaurant. 

Eve checks her appearance, she's not proud, but to turn up in less than her best denim jacket and skirt would be a mistake, she then makes her way to the restaurant and walks in. Taking a table at the front of the place, somewhere she can watch the street through the window and also watch the entire restaurant, Eve orders a typical Italian breakfast of toast and jam with a strong cappuccino. It's now a waiting game, hoping that the information she peiced together is correct, and that the man she wishes to meet is not otherwise engaged this Saturday morning.

Report Post Tip

Today was a Saturday, for PoisonousJelly that meant only one thing. It was time to eat at his favorite family run eatery in Los Angeles. He steps out of his car and tells two heavies to park and wait. PJ tells another two to stand across the street and two more come with him to the back entrance where they were to wait for PJ to finish. He liked the family of this eatery a lot so would never impose on them his numberous bodyguards.

He takes a seat at his favorite booth at the back and sips from the coffee that has already been laid before him. Looking around the restaurant he sees a few familiar regular faces and one not to familiar. She was a actually very pretty. Dressed up for something. That was the end of that thought process though. "Dirty thugs" he muttered under his breath.

He orders a typical Italian breakfast and pulls out an issue of the Gwarble Barble.

Report Post Tip

Having been watching through the window for a number of hours, Eve was beginning to doubt whether the man she was waiting for did actually frequent this establishment. She thought she had seen him once, just for a second, but the person she had seen had not entered the restaurant and Eve decided that if she stayed any longer people would start questioning why she was spending so long staring at her empty mug.

Standing up, she makes her way over to the counter and thanks the restaurateur for a wonderful breakfast and asks for directions to the ladies room. The restauranteur motions to Eve's left saying she would need to take the stairs up at the back at the restaurant and follow the signs. Thanking the man again, Eve follows his directions, and startled, spots Mr Jelly in a booth at the back of the room, right next to the stairs. 

Startled that she had not noticed him arrive, Eve looks around and sees no entourage, no burly bodyguard waiting to block her path, and she decides now is as good a time as any to approach the man for whom she has been waiting before his breakfast arrives. Straightening up to her full height, she walks directly towards PoisonousJelly's booth and coughs politely.

Excuse me, Mr Jelly, I'm sorry to disturb you during breakfast, but I've been asking all over town where I could find you. When nobody could give me a definitive answer I pieced together all that I had heard and this was the one spot that made sense. Would you be able to spare a few minutes of your time?

Report Post Tip

He places his fork on the plate and clenches his fist. Looking up in annoyance of being distrubed during his breakfast he realises it was the pretty girl he noticed earliar. Sighing he lets out a long breathe and lets go of any tense that was circuling his blood stream. Changing the frown for a smile he nods to the lady to have a seat. Before he could even say a word the waitress replenished his coffee and the ladies.

Make it quick lady. I haven't got all day.

Report Post Tip

Taking a seat, Eve smiles at the waitress and waits for her to leave. Turning to PoisonousJelly, her face goes serious and she starts to explain what it is she wants...

Thank you for taking the time to speak to me, it helps to confirm that you are a man whom I would feel comfortable working for, that is, if you would be willing to allow it. I've been here for but a short period of time, during that time I've been doing my best to evolve and help others with any problems they have, paying off any debts I have gained through advice or by offering money from the purses I've been pilfering. Throughout my many conversations, I've heard your name mentioned as a man of honor and integrity, I've also been advised that "going it alone" will get me killed. Thus, I'd like to offer my services to you. We will, I hope, each benefit from the other. I offer you assistance in evolution, I will follow any rules you lay down, and will work to make you and your family stronger. In return, I ask for protection as an associate of your family. I realise that I would start off as an associate of yours, then, should I prove myself, I can potentially become a member of The Jelly Syndicate.

Taking a breath, Eve looks at PoisonousJelly and hopes she has not made a grave error in judgement. 

So, is there anything you would like to know of me before you make any sort of decision which could affect the rest of our lives?

Report Post Tip

PJ takes a sip of his coffee and smiles at the lady before him.

You know... It's been a while since someone has sort after me personally just to ask for a place as an associate under me. You really have put in some hard work to find me, haven't you? I was starting to worry when news was spreading that some random lady was asking for me.

What is your name miss?

If i'm going to be seeing you around the HQ i'll need a name.

Report Post Tip

Sighing with relief, Eve smiles and puts our her hand.....

Thank you, I am... I'm... I am EVE!

Eve feels her body getting hot and calms herself.

I'm sorry, I can get a little, well, agitated at times, but my name is Eve. What should I call you as your associate?

Report Post Tip

PoisonousJelly shakes the womans hand

Call me Boss.

There is a building just down the road from here. It's a taylor business run by RedBuddies. Go around the back and tell them I sent you, give them the password Jelloshot and familiarize yourself with my headquaters. You will be working out of there.

Report Post Tip

You got it Boss, thank you for your time, and please, enjoy your breakfast, the toast and jam was delicious.

Eve stands, smiles again at her new Boss, and heads off down the street as instructed.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: In search of PoisonousJelly
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL