Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 14:40:43
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Mafia Retuns Reports (MRR) Issue 1.0 Final Started by: Giovanni_Verrazano on Feb 21, '10 09:26

I know the author of this is now dead, however due to comments I made while he was vigorously advertising this issue I felt it prudent to add something.

This was actually something worth reading, it's truly a shame that the author couldn't not handle the critics for with some possible sifting this could well have been indeed a decent paper.

Alas we we are left with Barble so off I go now to see what horrors awaits.

Report Post Tip

It was a great paper, nice content and verry readable

Report Post Tip

Indeed it was, I am sad to see his demise. Such is life. I would have used the paper to express the injustices and call out the haters with informative, educational viable matter..

It seems he missed Journalism 101...

Report Post Tip

It's Not over yet..

Report Post Tip

The MRR is returning? This is fantastic news. Its time for the Gwarble Barble to wake up and realize that they cant put out issues every three weeks and expect for the fan base to remain happy!

Report Post Tip

One question sir... Will you be including all stories or will it be like this one was... A table of contents?

Report Post Tip

Hopefully, it will be just like that one. Not everyone is interested in reading paragraphs of "filler" info. This way, you know the basis of each section and can decide before having to read it.

Report Post Tip

To be quite honest, Mr. Verrazano, it hasn't even started. That paper was mostly

"Not that anyone has to donate."

A reporter that asks CLs to notify HIM when they are authed.

And of course the most interesting parts are the ones we already read originally in the streets since there is plenty of quotes just pasted word for word in there from speeches we already heard.

OK, granted, there were some articles that looked original, but I was already in a position to not enjoy the paper as it had so much unnecessary stuff in it.

I hope for next paper you limit yourself to your own articles and *brief* summaries of what happened in our world.

Report Post Tip

I don't know, me personally, I think there's been too much heat going at this guy. Half of ya'll are just giving him a hard time. He doesn't HAVE to please you, he can do what he wants. If he wanted to quit, oh well. Go back to the Gwarble Barble.

Now with the news that he's returning, I look forward to reading the next one.

Report Post Tip

I don't know Torin.  It seems to me that in the middle of all of this encouragement and constructive criticism, nobody has really told Mr. Verrazano that the paper is a piece of trash.  To be honest, I wouldn't even line lolcat's litterbox with it.

As readers we should at least require that a newspaper make it through its own title without an error or a typo (e.g., Retuns, newspaer, etc) before we start drawing Gwarble comparisons.  If someone isn't willing to invest the time and energy into quality control, then he should be prepared for the ego strangling that he's gonna get on the streets.  We're street walkers, not philanthropists and writing coaches.  I'm glad that you're buying into his endless hype, however.  I personally am not.

Report Post Tip

I, for one, applaud Mr. Verrazano's attempt.  As a writer myself, I'm a big supporter of the writing world, and we've all got to start somewhere.  You can't say that he didn't try.  The effort is there, in black and white.  I was very impressed, especially at a first glance. 

Keep it up, Mr. Verrazana.  I'm sure that the improvements in the second issue will silence all the haters.

Report Post Tip

As I said previously it had the potential to be half decent, probably not Gwarble standard but it could be ok. However, if we are going to see a repeat of the last edition where the editor received a bit of stick and threw in the towel then the future's bleak for this paper.

As for what Torin said, in order for his paper to be successful he DOES have to please us and no he can't do what he wants.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Mafia Retuns Reports (MRR) Issue 1.0 Final
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL