Get Timers Now!
X

May 12 - 10:36:53
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
LA Business District. Revamped Rules Started by: JkL on Feb 21, '10 13:37

Don PoisonousJelly, while i don't think it wise to start singling out cities as examples for possible war over a failed business idea, which is effectively what you have just done, i have to say that it is a shame you have backed down from an idea you believed in simply because you fear for your life. Being the only city head that is not of Godfather/Godmother status must be hard, knowing you are the weakest city and trying to impress to show you are capable of doing the job, trying to live up to the expectations of a Godfather/Godmother. Your idea wasn't the greatest but for your efforts within your city i applaud you.

Forget the failed business idea and keep up the good work, maybe there is something else your city can look towards.

Report Post Tip

"Oh please don't think for a moment that I would liken the leader in the story to yourself, JkL and your associates. The leader in the story was desperately inexperienced and made bad decisions. I know, by reputation and the opinions of those I respect, that you are anything but a fool."

Tyrion tips his hat in respect.

Report Post Tip

Erratic, it's not that I fear for my life. Not at all. I just think it entirely idiotic that if it came to the worst case scenario of trying to inforce this idea, LA might possibly pay the ultimate price for it. My family, my associates... Those are the ones that I fear dying. Over an idea.

Now it's just starting to sound like I am to weak to protect my city. Believe you me, I am not and would do so to my dying breath.

Also, It wasn't a statement of singling out cities for possible war. It was a statement of singling out just one of the cities that are in a stronger position currently. New York and I have good ties, That is why I used them as an example.

However, thanks for your kind words.

Report Post Tip

I may have missed something but I didn't catch the physical threat from anyone. I may have been zoning out you could say. I did read though that if extortion is on the to do list then other cities plan to extort the others.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Godfather Deimne did say; "If so, what is to stop someone in my position deciding to dip my hand into the pocket of everyone from LA who simply enters my city with similar extortion? Or even outright ban each and everyone of them from entering my city?"

I take that as two cities not wanting to do business, not necessarily killing one another. Although it would raise a point that one city is affecting business and vice versa then maybe a war would break out.

I personally wouldn't have minded seeing this go through but maybe thought out better. For instances $1,000,000 to never have to pay again? That's fifty weeks which yes, some have lived that long but let's face it about every 3-5 months a war breaks out and wipes 60-70% of the mafiosi off the face of the earth. Maybe make it $50,000 with a weekly tax of $5,000. That's 10 weeks advance payment to never pay again plus a $10,000 down payment. It's not a lot of money but it's enough in realism to make the business district more business like. Although you would still run the risk of upsetting another city and their business efforts.

I would have consulted the other city leaders and proposed something like this to simulate the more business that one should expect from our business districts. To me this is an all city or no city plan. I do remember though the removal of PedroRourke for his tax which effected every city and eventually lead to Detroits demise due to failure to negotiate better terms.

I like the effort, idea but revising and maybe consulting the other city leads could build the business district up. Making cities more money. Another instance could be this:

Las Vegas has say 10 business's that are all taxed and grossed $50,000 a piece. In turn that raised $500,000 in profits for the city to go to the leaders. Then you take X% of profits and the leaders give that to the owners.

In turn you the shop owners make a percent as well as the family leaders. Preferably a week by week payment would be better because it would in turn create more R (revenue) to the C (Cost).

However I would have to suggest that the gods or admins (since I've been out of RP for a chunk as others have) would program the system. It would give it a more real effect.

Report Post Tip

I am well aware no physical threat was made Aftershock. It's purely thinking of worst case scenarios should this have esculated in to something more than a few words on the streets.

I like the way you're thinking though.

All I'll say more on the matter is that things are being well revised.

Report Post Tip

While I admire people coming out an trying new ideas for our businesses, I must admit that running the Business District effectively is quite a tricky thing to do. Considering that it's a fairly underused area of our lifestyle I personally feel, as many others have, that charging to use this service would be a grave error. However I'm glad that some sort of Business plan is being revised for this, since it is an area that has a lot of potential with regards to making a little more cash, both for property owners and City heads.

I applaud those with the initial idea though, after all as Edison said; "If I find 10,000 ways something won't work, I haven't failed. I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward"

Although this is far from your 10,000th idea, it is definitely a step forward.

Report Post Tip

I don't know if I like the idea of the Gods monitoring our businesses when we have the ability to monitor them ourselves. "A real effect" would be mafiosi taking care of and looking after their own business district. If they require protection money for businesses to set up, then they better have the ability to make them pay or no one will ever take them serious.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: LA Business District. Revamped Rules
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL