Get Timers Now!
X

May 11 - 04:57:11
Page:  1 
The Movie Industry Started by: LeslieJo on Feb 22, '10 13:56

LeslieJo has been at work at her family HQ for a while, thinking of a fun and new activity to spice up the streets. As she sits there and thinks, an idea pops in her head. She then begins working on her "project". After working with her project non-stop she is finally finished with it. She does some last finishing touches and comes out into the streets.

Hello. I have been at work on a secret project for quite some time now, after careful editing and revision I think I finally have it! I have written a movie. Waits for some type of reaction, but does not get any, so she continues to speak. As you guys know the movie business is booming, and I want to be a part of it.

I have written a movie called "The Melody of Music". A movie about a young lady (Priscilla) who desperately wants to become a singer, but her father (Mr. Lawrence) hates music and forbids her to ever be one. She goes behind his back and then pursues a career in singing. Along the way Priscilla meets and falls in love with a producer (Michael) who helps her music career. Little does she know, he is married with two children. She eventually becomes a well established singer and asks Michael, why has he yet to propose to her, seeing that they have been having "relations" with each other for 3 years. He avoids the subject. She then becomes a little curious and follows him one day to find him and his wife out to dinner. She comes in makes a big deal out of it, crying, repeating "why?!". Priscilla then gets into an altercation with his wife (Paula). There, Paula has a big crying scene talking about how she knows about Michaels affairs, and asks her to just leave, telling her she is just another one of his mistresses and that she needs to get a life and move on. Priscilla takes that very hard, quits the music industry and moves back in with her father. I would tell you all more, but I don't want to spoil the ending.

If you are interested in being one of the actors in this movie please apply right here. LeslieJo pulls out a sign-up list and a pen. The characters that you can audition for are:

• Priscilla - The aspiring actress.
  • Mr. Lawrence - The stubborn father.
  • Michael - The Music Producer.
  • Paula - The betrayed wife.

Please put your name and what role you would like to audition for. Then do a little monologue of what you think the character would say. That is where creativity comes in. The best person for each role will get casted. Once I have someone for each role I will put up the Cast List and begin to film. LeslieJo then smiles at the crowd. And ACTION!!!!

Report Post Tip

Hello everyone My name is Singer and i would like to audition for michael. so here it goes

Singer takes a breath then continues on in a more formal attitude

Priscilla there is something i have to tell you darling, Now dont worry It isnt anything to be nervous for its more so something to think about. Priscilla from the moment we met there felt like something we had that most people didnt and i uh well as i have grown to know you i think i believe you. I know you feel the same way darling, the looks you give the things you say and truthfully i want to be with you i want to spend every moment with you. But no one can know. We would have to keep this extrememly confidential for if any one person found out they would strip me of my job and your career would be tainted. Priscilla I love you Be with me wont you?

Singer steps down and looks around

Well i tried um im not old enough to play the dads part but uh yeah there goes the first audition for you. Thank you and God Bless.

Singer exits.

Report Post Tip

Ahh, the loud scream of Hollywoodland. Doesn't everyone want to be a star of a picture movie these days? I guess I'll give it a shot. Apologies to the first entrant, but I will also be auditioning for the role of Michael due to my age and fine physique.

Akhhem

Grips a non existent figure by the shoulders.

"My lady, you don't know the talent that you have. You don't seem to have any idea what you can bring to this world. As a producer, I've heard so many voices and have seen so many people try to make it into this business, but you are the greatest that has ever been placed in front of me by the heavens. I can give it all to you... the entire world. They will be kissing your feet. They will love you. Take a second and think of any dream you have ever had. Come with me, and I'll make it come true."

Now, to move on to a scene that could happen while the lead lady awaits my proposal.

Akhhem

Gives a little shrug with a soft smile and wide eyes.

"Look at us, babe. You are the darling queen of this country, and I your lover and manager. We are on top of the world. Nobody has what we have. Giving you some little token such as a ring won't change anything. It won't matter. You have everything that you've ever wanted... everything that I promised you that you could get. You have it all. Does such a symbol of love really make you itch? Is it not an itch that can be scratched by the ability to buy anything or live anywhere that you've ever wanted?"

Last, I would like to do a scene that could happen at the final reveal.

Ahh akkh akkhheemm

Slaps a fake figure that is in front of him and kneels down towards where the figure may have landed with a scowl across his face.

"Listen here, honey. I told you to stay out of my personal life. It wasn't a place for you, but you just couldn't listen, could you? You made me do this. You brought this on yourself."

Points his finger towards the imaginative being laying on the floor.

"You think you're so special, darlin? Why? Your skinny figure? Your singing voice? Dames like you are a dime a dozen around here. You got where you were because of me."

Harper gets back onto his feet.

Well, there's my audition. I hope you laughed, cried, and anything else that you feel should have happened. Thanks for having me.

Takes a small bow as he exits the room.

Report Post Tip

Ninetta walks across the stage with confidence.  "I should like to audition for the role of Paula, the betrayed wife.

Ninetta is wearing an extremely conservative dark blue suit, pillbox hat with a small amount of netting, dark blue shoes with one inch heels and a string of pearls.

Looking down her nose at the tramp in front of her, Paula says with obvious distaste, "You stupid, stupid slut,"   Why on earth would a man of his breeding (points to Michael) leave me, for someone like you?"  "If I were done with him, you could have him," Sneers Paula.  "But for now, he will remain with me."  Paula looks Priscilla straight in the eyes, as her voice drops to a whisper.  "Stay away from him, or you will pay!"

Report Post Tip

Claps her hands. Nicely done all, can't wait to see the other auditions. Sits back and waits for the other aspiring actors.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Movie Industry
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL