Get Timers Now!
X

May 11 - 19:13:41
Page:  1 
Just A Name Started by: Misery on Feb 22, '10 22:16

So it seems a recent event made me start to think. Misery takes a look at the few people that stood around her.

The other day I was walking around the corner and ran face first into a rather large man causing me to stumble back. Oh umm excuse me. My voice was quite as I looked up at the man and tried to smile while I  straightened my dress.

What's your name little girl? The voice that bellowed out of the man was gruff as he took a step towards me.

Hey now I'm not little. I stepped back so I didn't look so small in his shadow.

Laughter broke through the brief silence and he shook his head. Alright alright. Still what's your name?

Misery! Thank you very much. I scoffed a bit at his laughter and then stood up straight. Yes a failed attempt to look a bit taller I had thought to myself.

Hmm.. Misery huh? Now why would you be named that? He then looked at me puzzled.

Have not a clue. My name came chosen from my mother I guess it's all just a name right? I then shrugged as she turned and walked off back to the hustle of everyday life.

But see this all made me start thinking. Is there more to a name then it being just a name? Misery shrugged as she glanced around awaiting to see what the others around her thought.

Report Post Tip

William was walking around when he heard someone make a speech and he walked closer to listen and after listening,he said

Well,this is a pretty complex question,Misery as sometimes people with long bloodlines can use their family names to rise to power but however in my opinion,a name is basically just a name and it is our character that defines us in this world of ours.

Report Post Tip

OST listens in and puts her thoughts together.

I think for some their parents named them based on their own feelings on how things were at the time. However, it is not always the case and sometimes a name is just a name. I know in my case my mother put in a small bit of time thinking about it but in her state of mind it may not have been the best. We all make do with what we're given whether it be a name or a talent. 

Report Post Tip

A name is a name, a title, a way to indentify someone, not all names have to have meaning behind them. Though my father did choose my name cause when I first came out of my mothers womb he said "I swear he looks like a bear" so I'm sure thats how my father came up with my name.

Report Post Tip

i dont think that it really makes a whole load of differnce i mean over the years there have been some really powerfull godfathers/mothers with crazy names. respect should not start or finish just because of your name.....

some poeple will naturally adodt there fathers surname... just like me

Report Post Tip

sandman steps out of the crowd to where Misery was stood

Like William said a name is just a name we dont choose what name we have its is passed down to us from our mothers and fathers. My father for example i believe he named me this way because of his lack of sleep and finaly he got some sleep when he passed away. There for my name was passed to me as sand man as i was born just after he passed.

Report Post Tip

A name is definitely just a name.  Obviously some names are more recognizable than others, but that's because those people with recognizable names have done something to deserve recognition - good or bad. 

I, for one, hope it stays that way.

Report Post Tip

A name gains power from the person wearing it. For example, PoisonousJelly is a goofy name but I still follow his orders because he'll kill me if I don't.

Report Post Tip

PoisonousJelly is a goofy name but I still follow his orders because he'll kill me if I don't.

What kind of loyalty is that? I follow my Godfather cause I respect and admire him, I follow my boss CrazyNine cause he is like a brother to me, if it wasn't for him I wouldn't be here right now. I follow them both not out of fear from being killed by them, if they wanted me dead, I would lay down my gun and accept a bullet from them with honour.

Report Post Tip

Names mean alot more than people would think, but creating a new one for yourself to be rocgonised by is no easy feat.

Most bloodlines run on a Bloodline "Tag" in the coffee shops, (IRC Nicknames.) These are the names which allow people to rise to power on their Bloodline alone.

Report Post Tip

A name is just a name at best. If anything, it can only make you look like a fool if you name yourself something like "The_TrueGodfather" Or "Don_Pete".

But no name will make you garner more respect than you deserve.

Report Post Tip

Sometimes a name is not just a name though. Maybe to everyone else it's just another name among the crowd but on a personal level there could be numerous meanings behind one given name.  Obviously there is a reason your kin before you choose that name. Unless of course they were too drunk or high on drugs to really think about it. 

Report Post Tip

William hearing all this walks over to hear better a name is just a name its what we do that make us who we are i have herd some strange names that have not done anything and noone really know who they are then you have the others that work there way to the top and earn the rescept of alot of peaple in this world and when they are taken from us there kin tend to be named simerly

Thanks for lissening

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Just A Name
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL