Get Timers Now!
X

May 11 - 20:42:25
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
The clip joint Started by: Marbrol_Man on Feb 23, '10 03:27

Walking down the sultry streets of New Orleans, the heat of the sun bounces off of the steaming sidewalks, creating a fog in front of the open doors of businesses who get an early start. Rounding the corner on Bourbon & Epice St, the wind picks up, blowing steam around my feet. Jazz music pours out of a business that is advertising it's GRAND OPENING. I duck into this new spot, my face being blasted by cool air and immediately making me feel at ease. The place is packed with people, ranging in every type of perosnality. There were rough guys hitting on soft women. Hard women hitting on weak men. It was a free for all. I already liked this place. The place was new, and I could smell that in the fresh paint. Skimming around for a familiar face, I notice a woman in the furthest corner. She looks familiar and alone. I look closer as the dance floor light gyrate to the music's beat, flashing across her face. Yes! I can see it is definately her. Heading across the dance floor with full confidence, knocking a male dancer aside, I head across the room. Take a seat at her table, I smile, trying not to look like an asshole.

Hey there. I hope I'm not bothering you, but I couldn't find a better seat. I reach out to shake her hand of which she accepts gently
I am Marbrol...though most call me Davie as it's my nickname. And you are

Report Post Tip

Bell eyeballs this brute who has rudely sat down at her table.  She accepts his hand and smiles as he introduces himself, though secretly she is quite annoyed.

Afternoon Davie.  I'm Bell.  Very nice to meet you.

She was curious as to what his intentions were, she really wasn't in the mood to be hit on.  What she really wanted to be doing was making money, and she was only in this place to scope out potential targets.  She felt the need to dip her hands into others pockets.  Looking over at Davie, she glanced down at his pockets and noticed a nice large bulge in one of them.  While he was looking the other way, she reached over slyly and plucked the wad of cash from it's resting place.

Report Post Tip

Feeling a sense the broad dosen't want anything to with him, yet she's such a babe he wouldn't want to retreat without trying. Thinking on his feet he figures maybe she's just shy, and takes a little bit of warming up to. Making what he believes to be a smooth decision, he decides to buy her a drink.

He feels around inside of his pocket for his money but notices it's absence. A bit irritated at being pick pocked, he decides not to worry about the small amount of cash too much. Looking to his left, he sees 2 drinks sitting on a table as the respective patrons foolishly are unaware that their drinks have been served. Davie wanders off for a second and moves in to swipe them. Pleased with his own bit of pick pocketing, he sets the drinks down at her table and takes a seat.

Hey Bell, I got you a drink.
Got em on five finger discount so don't worry I'm not trying to butter you up.
So.. what's such a fine face like yours doing in a place like this?

Report Post Tip

Seeing her and Brain's drinks being swiped out of the corner of her eye, Jillian starts thinking about ways to return the favor when she hears the man tossing cheap come-on lines at the pretty lady at the table with him. Jillian didn't know her personally, but she'd seen her around. This woman was clearly no fool. Amused, Jillian decides to sit back and watch the show unfold.

Report Post Tip

Bell looks at this kid with a mixed lock of shock and disgust, but also a bit of curiosity.  She decided that she would play his game for the time being and feel him out, she might be able to use him at a later date.

Davie, thank you, but you really shouldn't steal!  Bell pulls out the large wad of cash she'd just stolen from Davie and peeled off a 20. She noticed the young lady who's drink was sitting in front of her glancing towards them and she pushed her drink back towards Davie.

Take these back to whomever you got them from, and go buy us a couple of drinks.  It's on me.  I want a dirty martini, no olives.  Get what you want.  And tip the bartender well!

Bell looks up at the guy as he stands there staring down at her. 

Young man if you are incapable of being an honest person, I simply cannot associate myself with you.  Now shoo, go be the better man and take those drinks back.  And apologize! And pay for their next drinks.  Then come back here, with my drink, and perhaps we can talk more yes?

Report Post Tip

razor is sitting by the bar until his eyes wonder to Jillian's and see him staring and a couple sitting down with an amused look on his face. razor is immediately intrigued and moves a little closer..

Report Post Tip

Davie looks at over at Bell and pushes the 20$ back towards her. Looking over his shoulder back at the couple he had just robbed, he raises the drink to his mouth and takes a sip.

I can't take that money, I wouldn't be a gentleman if I did. Now I know that sounds horrible, because this tasty beverage I sip on now is stolen. Davie winks down at Bell But hey! That girl over there doesn't have half the looks you've got. I came here fully prepared to buy a good round of drinks but I guess I've either misplaced my bankroll or someone just needed it more. Davie looks towards the door, knowing he can run to the HQ and be back within 5 minutes with more cash No worries though! I'll be right back, you just keep you're cute little butt posted right here.

Without waiting for an answer from Bell, Davie leaves through the front door, still sipping on the stolen beer, grinning at the couple as he saunters by. Returning after a few moments, with a distinguishing look on his face, he walks to the center of the bar. Holding his hand up, he calls for everyone's attention, asking for the music to be halted.

Listen up people, I've have a nice bankroll in my hands here and well I am willing to share. Everybody's drinks are on me, have as many as you would like, and bartender, make your first drinks a couple of dirty Martini's for my young miss Bell here please.

Report Post Tip

Bell really couldn't believe this guy! He just told her to keep her "cute little butt posted right here".  She was sure he had no clue whom he was talking to.  She was still in shock when he left the building.  Standing up from her table, she walks over to the couple who's beers were stolen and slides the 20 on their table.

Drinks are on me guys. Sorry for that guy.  He is obviously too confident for his own good.

Bell goes to the bar and gets a glass of water and heads back towards her own table, looking down at her watch as she starts to sit down.  Shit.  She's only got an hour before her flight leaves.  She hoped that her contact would show up already so she could pass off these drugs and be on her way.  She was lost in thought when Davie showed back up with a handful of cash and a generous hand.  She watched as he walked over to her with a shit-eating grin on his face and sat back down, seemingly out of breath and over excited.

Report Post Tip

Davie walks up to the bar and lays out 9k, handing the bartender 3k as a tip.

That should be enough, but if you need more reach into that 3k and at the end of the night I will tip you more.

Casually walking off like a fat head back over to Bell, Davie sits down, and hands her another dirty martini.

So you never answered me, what are you up to in a place like this? Looking at Bell's duffle bag on the floor he see a combination of two familiar symbols, and gets an idea of what her business is here.

So ya here for the GM eh? You live here in these streets?
How come I never seen you around before? Your up to something and I want in
I got tons of cash to through around and big profit margins to make. I got my little thing on the side. But with you I could double my income. You get my drift?

Davie pounds down his beer and leans back in his chair awaiting a reply.

Report Post Tip

Bell sips her martini, and looks over the top of the glass at this brute who seems to think that he can just waltz his way into her business.  Smiling sweetly before setting the glass down on the bar, she leans forward and looks around before speaking softly.

Davie, I really don't think you know what you're saying.  The business I'm on? It's my business.  Not yours.  What makes you think you can just waltz up to my table in the middle of the day and demand a piece of MY pie?  I've heard some horrible pick up lines, but yours is by far the worst.

Bell sits back up straight and picks her glass back up.

But I might be able to use you for a different line of business I'm in.  What do you know about Las Vegas?

Report Post Tip

Davie leans forward and wipes his hand across his lips before chuckling a bit.

I see you like to run your business with your own hands. I can respect that. I'll take what ever work comes my way, but I was actually offering a job to you. I need a front man or, in your case woman. Someone that already knows the game, isn't afraid to get dirty but also isn't a target by the FBI and already under close watch like myself. If you're interested, I'd love to tell you more.

Anyway Vegas, I know a bit about Vegas. It's a big facade filled with scandalous people, but if you know the game well there's lots of money to be made. Do you have a syndicate down there?

Report Post Tip

Louis couldn't help but hear all the drama and non-sense going on.He's tempted to approach Bell,but he isn't trying to get caught up.He finally gets up and make his way over to her table and say's "Hello there?Im Louis,nice to meet you." I couldnt help but hear you and that fool talking,what seems to be the problem?

Report Post Tip

Bell looks up at the stranger who has approached her table and smile

Hi Louis, there's no problem here.  This 'fool' here is actually apart of the family, so I'd be careful who you talk to in what manner Sir.  Thanks though and have a good night!

Bell turns to Davie and nods her head towards the door.

Walk with me young man.  I must be on my way to the airport, but you can accompany me until then and we can talk more on the way.

Report Post Tip

Davie stands wobbling a bit, being slightly intoxicated. Walking over to the bar he drops another 10 grand and points at the bartender.
Al,buddy, thanks and have a good evening.

Walking back over to the table Bell sat at, he pushes in the chair he once sat in and fallows Bell to the door.

We'll catch a cab. It's on me and you just fill me in on the way to the airport.

Report Post Tip

Louis then replies back to Bell and say's "my apologies,this was just a big misunderstanding and mix-up,ill be on my way.Have a nice night."

Report Post Tip

Still silent, but rather annoyed by louis, Davie walks almost compleatly through the front door, looking back over his shoulder with a dirty look just as the door shuts behind him. Luckly there was always cabs rolling these streets, with many mafiosos this was a money making spot for them to, and it wasn't long befor one drove by. Opening the door for Bell, adding After you my darlin
he put the bag in trunk and hops in.

To the airpost sir!

Report Post Tip

Bell stands by as Davie drunkenly makes his ways past Louie and into the streets.  She puts her hand on Louie's arm and smiles.

Excuse him dear.  He's a bit intoxicated.  I do appreciate you looking over me.  Have a good night. 

Bell follows Davie out the door and into the streets, watching with slight amusement as he attempts to hail a cab.   Once one had noticed them and had pulled to the curb, Davie opened the door for her, in which she promptly slid in and over so that Davie could get in.  Looking at her watch, she clicked her tongue.  She was running late.  Davie slid in next to her, and drunkenly told the cab driver to go to the airpost

That would be the Airport Sir, and that would be the private tarmac please.  And step on it!

Report Post Tip

Davie try'd to tell himself he was only slightly tipsy, but he knew, he knew from the looks on Bell's face, and the fact that when the cab excellerated, his head flew back hitting hard againts the head rest, that told him he was a little over the limit, but he wasn't driving so all would be ok. As he started to slur his words out, taht he had to repeat a couple fo many times over, he try'd to get the low down on the job Bell has in LV he might be able to fill.

So.. tell me bout.. it.

Report Post Tip

Bell watched as Davie's head slammed into the back of the seat and then snapped back forward with a sickening sound.

Wow that looks like it hurt, are you okay?

Bell raised an eyebrow as Davie turned towards her with crossed eyes and tried several times to speak but only drivel poured out.  She was pretty sure he'd drooled a bit too.  Apparently he was quite intoxicated.  Bell sighed.  She knew he was an associate of the family and that obligated her to take care of him.  She didn't really want to have to, but she was positive that she couldn't get where stays at out of him. Glancing over at Davie, who was now making some sort of weird moaning song noise and was definately drooling now, only confirmed her previous thought.  Sighing, she knew that it was going to be a long day.   

Report Post Tip

Davie hears a small static sound as Nicholas Slonimsky plays over the radio. As the cab enters a tunnle, and the interior of the car gets dark, and he begins to fade. With what little light he can see is in massive swirles, and it begins to sound like Bell's voice is getting deeper and slowing down, as the radio static gets louder, blackness fades
and passes out.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The clip joint
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL