Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 13:27:13
Help
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
GAME CHANGE: BG Wack mod for realism/balance Started by: Squishy on Feb 24, '10 11:52

We have just introduced a change to the BG wack system.  Normally, when you wack at a BG, whether you hit or miss, it has protection from other shots for 2 hours.  Now, when a shot is fired on a BG, there is a 1 minute window where multiple people can attack that BG before his pro starts.  Exactly 1 minute after the initial attack, that particular BG is now protected and can not be touched for 2 hours.

For example:

BG has 90 health.

12:03:17 Bobbie shoots at BG, hits for 30 damage. BG now has 60 hp.

12:03:52 Frankie shoots at BG, hits for 22 damage.  BG now has 38 hp.

12:04:13 Billy shoots at BG, hits for 37 damage.  BG now has 1 hp.

12:04:19 Joey attempts to shoot at BG, but that BG is proed. (The shot will be directed towards the next BG on the list).

During war time, the low rankers and untrained guns can now work in teams and do waves of attacks on BGs to a much greater degree now.  We have now given the players of all rank and skill the ability to be an asset in a war. How much the CL's/HSL's take advantage of this, is up to them.

Report Post Tip

Absolutley fantastic Squishy. Such a awesome game change and I can't wait for the HSL's and CL's to be doing this during a war. It will make BG wacking in wars a WHOLE lot funner and by far easier to get those down with like.. 60+ BG's.

Zuldazar gets down on his knee and prays to Squishy the almighty world changing GOD

Report Post Tip

Actually, thank the 10 or so users who debated this idea in #divinelunacy for about 2 hours yesterday, followed by the solid hour of very patient testing today :)

Report Post Tip

So if I understand correctly, Gangsters will be able to BG wack now?

Also, I guess that you won't be able to answer the following, but maybe it's common knowledge and I just didn't know about it...

If somebody BG wacks me and then 30 seconds later I get another BG wack, will a random BG get the shot, will the same BG get the shot for sure, or will a second BG get the shot for sure?

Report Post Tip

The rank limitation has not changed, BG Wacking is for Earners or higher.  (However, lower ranks can BG wack when the BG's owner is dead). 

Report Post Tip

"If somebody BG wacks me and then 30 seconds later I get another BG wack, will a random BG get the shot, will the same BG get the shot for sure, or will a second BG get the shot for sure?"

BG's are targeted in the following manner "Give me your lowest HP BG that is NOT under protection".  With this logic, the 2nd shooter would hit the same BG as the first provided that its within the 1 minute window of the original shot before the pro kicks in.

Report Post Tip

Compliments to SuperJew for laying the foundation of this excellent idea.

Credit to Squishy and co for implementing the ideas of a visionary.

Report Post Tip

Great idea Squishy!

Report Post Tip

Thank you for answering my question so clearly, Squishy.

Report Post Tip

this is good. well though and well said.

Report Post Tip

this is a great idea

Report Post Tip

This may seem like a silly question but seeing as it's not been asked, I will inquire.

We no longer have the double or triple inactive kills, coming from multiple players shooting within a tenth of a second of each other, via coding. I am wondering if something along those lines is coded for bodyguard shots?

Example:

Say Boss A has his BG shot at by-

1. Don A who can outright kill a BG

and

2. Made Man A who can only wound for 50 health

Now both shoot within a tenth of a second. Would the Bodyguard be hit twice? Would the Made Man have a message similar to our current one use for inactives? Or would this be such a rare situation that it probably will never show up and therefore nothing is set in place (As it shouldn't be, if it's almost never going to happen)?

Report Post Tip

Help
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: BG Wack mod for realism/balance
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL